What's the real reason Mike Komisarek left?

REV-G

I think the end of season implosion was enough for Komi to want a change in scenery. Also, I think that Martin may have a lot to do with it. Martin demands discipline. I used to get frustrated at how many penalties we took against the Sens. He wants a fast, disciplined, puck posession style of hockey. Burke likes a team that is mean, in your face, dump and chase, fight it out on the boards and wear down the oponent. These are extremely different styles. Which one suits Komi?

For the record, I am furious that Gainey never tried to get him an extension in January or Febuary. If Subaan turns out half as good as I'\m hoping and he does this with him, I will be calling for Gainey's head.

I think the end of season implosion was enough for Komi to want a change in scenery.

watch for Higgins to join him in TO after this season :(

i'm sure of it.

If Subaan turns out half as good as I'\m hoping and he does this with him, I will be calling for Gainey's head.
I doubt Gainey will be around when and if the Habs trade Subbanator :hlogo:

I could cite several reasons why Komisarek is a Leaf and not a Canadien for such a small amount of money difference. Sure there's Quebec tax but Americans get hit less that Canadian born or Quebec born players do. Quebec born players get it the worst, followed by ROC players, Americans, and then Euros. That's the reason the team has focused on Russians and Americans the last 8 years. Especially in their drafting pattern. So, I don't buy the taxes excuse/reason unless the laws changed in the last little while and I missed it.

Maybe it was Higgins leaving. Maybe Komisarek knew the team whold be turned on it's ear. We'll find out someday.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I still think that playing style is a huge influence. If I am a bang and crash defenseman who plays with an edge and takes a lot of penalties in doing so, I would rather play for a bang and crash style GM.

There are grains of truth in what nyckid says. But the biggest reasons imo are two-fold:

1) Komi clearly wanted out as we went down the stretch. I couldn't believe some people thought he'd come back after the playoffs, rarely seen a guy so obviously swan-songing. Whatever about Bob not resigning him early, too bad but been and gone.

2) The team is going in a direction incompatible with Komi's style of play and, more importantly, a style that will not be able to cover up his weaknesses so readily. Gill, though I don't like him, is gone in two years. Komi would never have signed only a 2 or 3 year deal, so we were going to have him for 5 at least. Why bend the whole new d philosophy backwards for one guy? And it is not like we are talking Stevens or Pronger here. I and others have mentioned it before, we are going fast, mobile, puck-savvy, at least some o ability. I firmly believe Gill is the stopgap for Emelin: a rough, powerful punisher, but who can apparently skate and pass a-to-b.

I honestly don't think Gainey seriously entertained anything either over 4 years or over 4 million. Like he believes in Price, he clearly believes in the youth corps, Weber, Subban, Carle, McDonagh, Emelin, etc. Leafs with better goaltending and better d corps, compact and tough, Toronto Thug Lifers, is a perfect fit for him. I also think if someone had offered him better terms he would have taken it. This had nothing at all to do with Higgins.

watch for Higgins to join him in TO after this season :(

i'm sure of it.

When Higgins signed with the Rags a few days ago, was it a one year deal?

I didn't even look lol

Yes, one year with a small raise.

I think maybe that Sather and Bob have a gentleman's agreement: I let you fleece me on the Gomez deal Glen; we send Higgins to 'rehab' with the Rags for a year, then you send him back to us at the deadline.

NYC may have more temptations than Montreal, but his parents also live there...

I'd laugh if this were true.

I do not discuss with immature people who have nothing good to bring to the forum!

what's immature when stating facts that you don't like to hear, komisarek is what he is, soft, LuCHICK made that point clear several times.

here is one of them

good luck following your leafs mrs maturity.

Edited by nyckdkool

what's immature when stating facts that you don't like to hear, komisarek is what he is, soft, LuCHICK made that point clear several times.

good luck following your leafs pansy.

So, following your logic, any UFC fighter who lost to George St-Pierre is soft... :rolleyes:

I still think that playing style is a huge influence. If I am a bang and crash defenseman who plays with an edge and takes a lot of penalties in doing so, I would rather play for a bang and crash style GM.

That might definitely be one of the major reasons why he left. The 08-09 meltdown might have precipitated his exit as well!

what's immature when stating facts that you don't like to hear

Facts?? All you did was insult me and say that Komisarek was soft. I don't call that facts. Maybe in your little head you might consider them to be facts, but not for other people!

GO home troll, nobody wants you here!

good luck following your leafs pansy.

SO I see you're that kind of person...really tough behind your computer screen, but a pussy in real life!! Even changed that little insult!! Nice. Well done troll!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Habsfan

since when did the habs partake in UFC? stick to the facts, komi goaded luchick since the kid's first game, harassed him, ran his mouth, until luchick finally beat him like a rented mule. where was komi the tough guy when chris neil would run all over and abuse the habs, no argument that neil is more of a goon, but bottom line is komi wouldn't as much look him in the eye let alone make an attempt to pop neil and shut him up, your 6 4' 250, it's the nhl not tiddly winks.

now that he is gone, it's time to move on, another wasted pick in my opinion.

That might definitely be one of the major reasons why he left. The 08-09 meltdown might have precipitated his exit as well!

Facts?? All you did was insult me and say that Komisarek was soft. I don't call that facts. Maybe in your little head you might consider them to be facts, but not for other people!

GO home troll, nobody wants you here!

SO I see you're that kind of person...really tough behind your computer screen, but a pussy in real life!! Even changed that little insult!! Nice. Well done troll!! :rolleyes:

quit your whinning baby, you started with the insults and your forum tough guy bs, time to change your sig, jump on the leafs boards and follow your fav player.

fact: luchick beat komi like a rented mule, not once, but twice, komi melted down and broke his stick across luchick face, see you later mike.

you should be the one to get lost, no one wants a whinny leafs fan shedding tears on a habs forum.

good luck with your leafs.

since when did the habs partake in UFC? stick to the facts, komi goaded luchick since the kid's first game, harassed him, ran his mouth, until luchick finally beat him like a rented mule. where was komi the tough guy when chris neil would run all over and abuse the habs, no argument that neil is more of a goon, but bottom line is komi wouldn't as much look him in the eye let alone make an attempt to pop neil and shut him up, your 6 4' 250, it's the nhl not tiddly winks.

610x.jpg

340x.jpg

Mike Komisarek fighting card :

Andre Roy

Dale Purinton

Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre

Donald Brashear

Eric Godard

Chris Neil

Milan Lucic

'Nuff said :clap:

When Higgins signed with the Rags a few days ago, was it a one year deal?

I didn't even look lol

yes, and that was very predictable. him and Komi have the same agent. :puke:

QUOTE (nyckdkool @ Jul 8 2009, 09:18 AM)

Mike Komisarek fighting card :

Andre Roy

Dale Purinton

Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre

Donald Brashear

Eric Godard

Chris Neil

Milan Lucic

'Nuff said

Exactly!

You aren't in wonderland Alice!

I don't have time to waste with childish immature children!

enjoy the viewing, bring your tissue, you will need it sally.

Go Leafs Go

EPIC FAIL. At least learn to troll effectively before taking your training wheels off son.

Pro-tip: don't come into an established forum of posters and run your e-peen pretenting to know something about hockey. By the sounds of things you are the one with the man crush on Lucic since you mention his name every other line in your babbling, incoherant posts. Last time I checked Lucic hasn't fought much of anyone other than Komi, whereas the latter has a resume at least backing up that he isn't afraid to throw down when called upon.

Congratulations, you are failing at life.

EPIC FAIL. At least learn to troll effectively before taking your training wheels off son.

Pro-tip: don't come into an established forum of posters and run your e-peen pretenting to know something about hockey. By the sounds of things you are the one with the man crush on Lucic since you mention his name every other line in your babbling, incoherent posts. Last time I checked Lucic hasn't fought much of anyone other than Komi, whereas the latter has a resume at least backing up that he isn't afraid to throw down when called upon.

Congratulations, you are failing at life.

thanks for the tip champ, failing at life, that's rich, must have taken a lot of brain power to come up with that.. Brandon Dubinsky and Gregory Campbell, those are some real top notch power forwards he's taking on.

Go cheer on the leafs, clearly you to are blindly infatuated with komi.

Pro-tip: before calling someone out like a snot nosed little school girl, learn how to spell.