Sakic to retire

huzer

Ohh :(

What a great career he had ! He won basically all awards and championships. Great class and amazing all around player. Too bad he retires just couple months before the olympics are in his hometown. My favorite player by far. Kudos on a great career Mr. Sakic !

It's his birthday today July 7.

40 y.o.

Good time to stop I guess.

So long, Captain

Is it me or did Joe carry the same haircut for 20 years ?

So I did.

One of the best leader ever. Congrats for everything Joe.

Class act all the way. Is he the last of the big time point-men from the late-80's early-90's to retire? End of an era.

Ahem. Chris Chelios...

Ahem. Chris Chelios...

While ChillyWater was certainly a big-time player - I'm not sure he really matched the 100+ point seasons of Sakic, Yzerman, Gretz, Lemieux et al. ;)

This guy was the face of the Avalanche for 20 years. What a time it was. Skill, class, and loyalty... couldn't ask for more.

*mile high salute*

While ChillyWater was certainly a big-time player - I'm not sure he really matched the 100+ point seasons of Sakic, Yzerman, Gretz, Lemieux et al. ;)

Oh yeah the 100pts thing. I meant, the real end of this era will be closed by Chelios retirement. As long as I can remember, as a little kid, Chris Chelios is part of this league.

#19 to be retired at the start of the season. The Avs don't mess around when it comes to retiring numbers, although I still think it's cheesy they retired Bourque's number.

and they ignore their previous history with the Nordiques....shame.

and they ignore their previous history with the Nordiques....shame.

Goulet's # shouldn't be hanging in the Pepsi centre.

Seriously? centre is auto-fixed? Lame.

Edited by jetsniper

Cammalerrrri is a centre I think.

Yup I've been annoyed with the "auto-correcting" C E N T E R since they started doing it. Very lame indeed.

Best wrist shot in the game is gone. End of an era of the Gretzky-inspired centers who were smallish but had all around smarts, leadership and heart.

Maybe they should hang #88 to the Colisée Pepsi (yes, that's the name of the arena in Quebec City now). That's the jersey # Sakic first wore when he broke in the NHL. Let Denver have the #19.

Class act all the way. Is he the last of the big time point-men from the late-80's early-90's to retire? End of an era.

Teemu!

shanahan-modano-sundin...