Is Big Georges Still a Good Fit?

habs rule

I hope if BGL does not come to play this year and I do not mean fighting, if he can't keep up and refuses to finish his checks then I hope they cut his ass to Hamilton and hope he does not report.

He made me sick last year with how terrible he was, there were 2 games all year where he was respectable.

So I hope it was just because he was hurt and could not recover because if the Habs carry his salary with another performance like last year then I for one will be disgusted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love it if BGL had a good year. Sounds like he's ready.

"At one point last year, I was even wondering if I was going to be able to play anymore. But now I'm healthy and finally I hope to have my first full healthy year in Montreal to show everybody what I can do."

I'd love it if BGL had a good year. Sounds like he's ready.

"At one point last year, I was even wondering if I was going to be able to play anymore. But now I'm healthy and finally I hope to have my first full healthy year in Montreal to show everybody what I can do."

well as I said earlier, the way e played last year he is of little use to the club, however he has lost 20 pounds and sez that yoga has fixed his back. Losing 20 lbs of gut fat will do that too. Maybe he is ready to really play this year cause last year was a joke. I really like bgl and want him to be a big part of this team. He has to want it and he is showing signs that maybe he does. Show us what you can do georges but it is a short leash my freind.

well as I said earlier, the way e played last year he is of little use to the club, however he has lost 20 pounds and sez that yoga has fixed his back. Losing 20 lbs of gut fat will do that too. Maybe he is ready to really play this year cause last year was a joke. I really like bgl and want him to be a big part of this team. He has to want it and he is showing signs that maybe he does. Show us what you can do georges but it is a short leash my freind.

This is what is most important IMO... and if he does he has to play more often if he is healthy (the key here being play... not fight, although on occasion showing that rough side could prove an asset when and only if needed)

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap, that may be the dumbest thing i have ever heard of. The reason he can't have the number is Kovalev? WTF?

Note to management: Kovlev is no longer plays for your team. Can you possibly kiss this guys ass anymore?

Maybe on Saturday they can have a Kovalev appreciation night or something.

I'm not sure who i'm more mad at, Kovalev or management? I'll go with management.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:clap:

Like I said, you are in the minority saying you don't want this guy back. It would be hilarious if he asks for 11 now and they give it to him.

They should give Laraque #27 if he wants it. For God's sake.

There is no greater sign of the decline of the Montreal Canadiens than this hysterical love affair for Alexei Kovalev. The great teams of the past would have shipped him out of town for draft picks at the first opportunity. I myself loved Kovy for his entertainment value, but come ON, the guy won nothing and had two horrible seasons with ye Habs. This is ridiculous.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

They should give Laraque #27 if he wants it. For God's sake.

There is no greater sign of the decline of the Montreal Canadiens than this hysterical love affair for Alexei Kovalev. The great teams of the past would have shipped him out of town for draft picks at the first opportunity. I myself loved Kovy for his entertainment value, but come ON, the guy won nothing and had two horrible seasons with ye Habs. This is ridiculous.

I agree with you 100% but, yet, this is not what the "majority" of fans think

apparently

Yep, i'm on board with both of you. It was a happy day for me when know one was resigned.

The even sadder part is Kovalev will receive more cheers then Price. Especially if he doesn't shut them out on Saturday.

give him the number fcol maybe the magic of #27 (frank mahovlich ) will rub off and he might get a goal or 2.

hell i've got a kovy sweater right here they can give that one to him.

Edited by habs rule

• 2 weeks later...

Laraque holds on to the puck in the offensive zone really well. Unfortunately he does nothing else. He holds the puck for a while until he eventually looses it - big deal. He can't pass, back check, he rarely hits hard, doesn't block shots, and only fights other team's goons. He is useless.

I hope he goes too.

Man, i'll assume you want those other guys i mentioned to go also since they do less then Laraque?

A 4th line that keeps the puck in the offensive zone for there entire shift is bad? Moen Laraque and Metro get more scoring chances then the 2nd and 3rd line every game.

I guess people just hate certain habs players no matter what they do. He makes 1.5 mill per year, what do you want him to do, score 40 goals?

Man, i'll assume you want those other guys i mentioned to go also since they do less then Laraque?

A 4th line that keeps the puck in the offensive zone for there entire shift is bad? Moen Laraque and Metro get more scoring chances then the 2nd and 3rd line every game.

I guess people just hate certain habs players no matter what they do. He makes 1.5 mill per year, what do you want him to do, score 40 goals?

The other guys irritate me far more than Laraque. I have bigger expectations on the others you mentioned.

My expectations from Laraque are really low but he just seems like a useless player to have. We got him to stick up for our smaller team. He does not do that. He will only fight another team's goon in a pre-planned fight. If he is unable or unwilling to do what we need him to do then he should be replaced.

Well, i don't recall any habs player being run this year except Gomez in the last game, which Laraque couldn't do much about. It's not his fault people won't go with him.

I'm simply saying at 1.5 mill, he does his job just fine as a 4th line RW. He isn't going to jump other players for clean hits against, i'm sure that comes from the top.