Gill wearing his Habs jersey.

The-Habby2919

You're more likely to see the guys with families right away, in town to look at private schools for their kids. I don't know if Gionta (or Mara) has a family, but I'm pretty sure Gomez, Moen, and Cammalleri don't. Cammalleri's in Toronto, so I'm sure he'll make his way up at some point. Spacek has a family, so I'm sure he'll come over from the Czech Republic a little early to look at schools.

You're more likely to see the guys with families right away, in town to look at private schools for their kids. I don't know if Gionta (or Mara) has a family, but I'm pretty sure Gomez, Moen, and Cammalleri don't. Cammalleri's in Toronto, so I'm sure he'll make his way up at some point. Spacek has a family, so I'm sure he'll come over from the Czech Republic a little early to look at schools.

Family / social aspects of the life of a hockey player are often forgoten by the fans. Fans seem to think that if a team (let's say Chicago) offers 1M$ more than let's say Edmonton, the player would be stupid to go sign with Edmonton.

But, what we ignore, is that maybe the player's wife grew up in Chicago and her litle sister died 10 years ago in a car accident on the Chicago Skyway Bridge and everytime she sees the bridge, she gets depressed and cry.

Or even the player himself know some people in a certain area and is concerned that he, himself, could get in trouble with a cash games/betting issue (or disease) he once had younger hanging out with these friends.

Fans think about hockey and hockey only. Contract/$, the team, teammates, coaches, etc. Sometimes, it goes further. I'm not saying examples like these 2 are that frequent, but we never know...