Help TBRC Watch Habs Games This Season

TheBigRedC

So this year I'm off to University in Toronto, meaning I'll be leaving behind my NHL package and my HD tv. It is quite sad, I must say. Please give me your pity, I want it.

In the meantime, however, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can continue to watch the Habs/NHL hockey in general. My leading idea would be the online NHL package. Then at least I can watch my Kings as well.

Does anyone have more information on the online package, or any other alternatives? Thank you!

Since you are in Canada, I don't think the GameCenter Live package is that good. You'd have to call customer service to find out for sure, but I think Habs games are all blacked out in Canada because they consider RDS national coverage. If you want to keep it legal, you'll likely have to settle for CBC, Sportsnet, and TSN. I would think any college dorm would carry those channels.

P.S. Guys, no suggestions for online streaming sites.

RDS has a Habs game package online, or at least were supposed to have one. I know they were late in getting it up last year, but I think they had it running part way through. Never used it, so I can't vouch for the quality. I know I've thought of that as an option if I ever have to ditch cable in the future.

Since you are in Canada, I don't think the GameCenter Live package is that good. You'd have to call customer service to find out for sure, but I think Habs games are all blacked out in Canada because they consider RDS national coverage. If you want to keep it legal, you'll likely have to settle for CBC, Sportsnet, and TSN. I would think any college dorm would carry those channels.

sorry about that.

RDS has a Habs game package online, or at least were supposed to have one. I know they were late in getting it up last year, but I think they had it running part way through. Never used it, so I can't vouch for the quality. I know I've thought of that as an option if I ever have to ditch cable in the future.

I got it last year, and it was decent... not great by any means. But for $80, you really can't complain. They did introduce a better quality stream by the playoffs, but I think they'll need a better server to accommodate all the traffic.

I got it last year, and it was decent... not great by any means. But for $80, you really can't complain. They did introduce a better quality stream by the playoffs, but I think they'll need a better server to accommodate all the traffic.

I was also an rds.ca online user and I'll probably get it again. The high quality stream that they introduced towards the end of the year made a big difference. It's a much better option for me than buying digital cable.

I know CJAD is the english radio broadcaster of Habs.

I know it's only my opinion but I'd rather radio to any RDS broadcast.

you do get more TSN games though.

So this year I'm off to University in Toronto, meaning I'll be leaving behind my NHL package and my HD tv. It is quite sad, I must say. Please give me your pity, I want it.

In the meantime, however, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can continue to watch the Habs/NHL hockey in general. My leading idea would be the online NHL package. Then at least I can watch my Kings as well.

Does anyone have more information on the online package, or any other alternatives? Thank you!

If u pm me I will tell you where I am watching it on line even tho fanpuck won't just let me tell you(apparently he does not like guys named justin or jason or something. unfortunately the announcers are homers and hate habs. hey fanpuck it's a joke. I generally get the game in english with real good video. :hlogo: :P

Why exactly?

Why exactly?

Copyright issues - by permitting users to post ways to illegally obtained streams of games, we'd be hurting the source channel, in this case, RDS. They pay a hefty rights fee to broadcast the games, as a forum (and there's lots of others that do the same), we can't stand in the way of that - we're liable to be sued for infringement. (This is how I pieced it together after doing a little bit of research on it...)

Copyright issues - by permitting users to post ways to illegally obtained streams of games, we'd be hurting the source channel, in this case, RDS. They pay a hefty rights fee to broadcast the games, as a forum (and there's lots of others that do the same), we can't stand in the way of that - we're liable to be sued for infringement. (This is how I pieced it together after doing a little bit of research on it...)

Oh come on... no one cares. :rolleyes:

Like the Big "CH"W logo isn't an infringement? :blink:

Oh come on... no one cares. :rolleyes:

Like the Big "CH"W logo isn't an infringement? :blink:

We're not the only "organization" that has a logo extremely similar to the Canadiens - are they all copyright infringements too? The streams are a potential legal issue and we don't want to risk it. If you really to find a stream, there's ways that you can find one.

We're not the only "organization" that has a logo extremely similar to the Canadiens - are they all copyright infringements too? The streams are a potential legal issue and we don't want to risk it. If you really to find a stream, there's ways that you can find one.

Yes actually.

But since the proceeds are far less then the expense of rectifying the infringements, nothing is done or said in a legal setting.

The same can be said about being able to share stream addresses with other board members.

Yes actually.

But since the proceeds are far less then the expense of rectifying the infringements, nothing is done or said in a legal setting.

The same can be said about being able to share stream addresses with other board members.

No one said you can't share a stream address with other members...it just can't be in a public thread like this (ie: we can't control PM's, wink, wink). And for the record, this policy is not up for discussion (not saying it just to you Habit, but in general).

No one said you can't share a stream address with other members...it just can't be in a public thread like this (ie: we can't control PM's, wink, wink). And for the record, this policy is not up for discussion (not saying it just to you Habit, but in general).

But we are discussing it..... ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Christ save you, pity given.