Carey Price Blog

http://careyprice.com/blog/

Nothing there yet except adoring fans...but I like this. I think (hope?) it could be one way emerging way of deepening Price's attachment to Montreal and its fans over time. For sure, if he's booed some night and comes on his blog to find hundrerds of supportive messages, that will count for something. Or maybe I'm deluding myself. I just fret about players leaving here because of all the B.S.. Anyway, some of you might want to bookmark this if you haven't yet.

People who booed a 21 year old goalie are pretty "hockey clueless". No goalie would have looked good in front of that sorry excuse of a defense core the 2nd half last year. They were awfull as a team and to single out him was just stupid.

But then again these are probably the same "fans" who cheered for an underaciving prima dona who was sent home for not giving a crap. Who'll figure.

I agree the booing was too much. Nobody deserved to be singled out last season because as a group they all sucked.

BUT, it doesnt excuse Price's lack of seriousness last season; and the last thing he needs is more people telling him how good he is. Price knows it. What he needs to be told is that in the NHL talent alone is enough. He's a pro now and has to act and think as such.

I wonder if the Habs will shut this down like they shut down BGL's blogging at Sportsnet... although I think that was partly because it was for a media organization, whereas this is Price's own site.

I wonder if the Habs will shut this down like they shut down BGL's blogging at Sportsnet... although I think that was partly because it was for a media organization, whereas this is Price's own site.

I think this might actually be a Habs PR move.

Noticed that most of the posts are from female groupies?

I think this might actually be a Habs PR move.

Noticed that most of the posts are from female groupies?

I agree, it's probably a habs pr move: go to the news page and it's all stories from the Habs website, so that tells me they're the ones running this.

and about the groupies, yeah... kills me as a serious female hockey fan. So annoying.

My girlfriend doesn't like hockey at all, so her "favourite" player is Carey Price because of his dreamy eyes.

My wife says the same about HWL, except she loves your dreamy pixels.

• 2 weeks later...
Starting to become Jose Theodore Part 2.

Oh please please please no! I was a big theo fan in his young days, when he was the really good back up not getting a chance (and even before that, at the world juniors, but then his head got way too big...

Oh please please please no! I was a big theo fan in his young days, when he was the really good back up not getting a chance (and even before that, at the world juniors, but then his head got way too big...

Well Carey's head seems to already have grown a couple of sizes too big. He's stepped right into Theodore's cocky-primadonna-pretty-party-boy shoes. Not a first for a goalie in Montreal, mind you.

Well Carey's head seems to already have grown a couple of sizes too big. He's stepped right into Theodore's cocky-primadonna-pretty-party-boy shoes. Not a first for a goalie in Montreal, mind you.

Sadly, I know you're right. But I'm still hoping with the complete shift in the dressing room, and this early in his career, someone or something is going to shake him out of it and save him before it's permanent... right now, when I see/read an interview of his, I'm very annoyed, but I"m willing to give him sometime to buckle down and work hard and realize he's just a human being.

Wow, my impression of Price is different from that of most people. I see a slow-burning competitor who is also just a kid with a lot to learn. Unlike most people, I liked the fact that he flipped off the ignorant boo-birds at the Bell Centre - that showed cojones to me; take a wanker like Plekanec, he'd have just wilted and whimpered his way home. I also liked his subsequent press conference. Where most saw a 'shell-shocked' kid I saw contained and appropriate anger. That he partied too much last season doesn't mean he's a cocky punk necessarily, it just means he's still figuring out exactly how to be a pro (and considering that he was hanging with 'leaders' like Higgins and Komisarek, what do you expect?). Price's eccentricities, his surreal calmness and his obsession with country music, etc., are fitting for a goalie (no one ever thought Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden were normal guys). I get the sense of a much more centred human being that Theodore, although I will confess that I didn't see Theo's collapse coming and still rate it as one of the greater mysteries in Habs' history.

In short, Price is Price, Theo was Theo, and in any case we WANT larger-than-life characters on our team, because that's what it takes to win. Whether Carey will put it all together and become the winner we want is an open question, but he's got as good a chance to do it as anyone.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Wow, my impression of Price is different from that of most people. I see a slow-burning competitor who is also just a kid with a lot to learn. Unlike most people, I liked the fact that he flipped off the ignorant boo-birds at the Bell Centre - that showed cojones to me; take a wanker like Plekanec, he'd have just wilted and whimpered his way home. I also liked his subsequent press conference. Where most saw a 'shell-shocked' kid I saw contained and appropriate anger. That he partied too much last season doesn't mean he's a cocky punk necessarily, it just means he's still figuring out exactly how to be a pro (and considering that he was hanging with 'leaders' like Higgins and Komisarek, what do you expect?). Price's eccentricities, his surreal calmness and his obsession with country music, etc., are fitting for a goalie (no one ever thought Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden were normal guys). I get the sense of a much more centred human being that Theodore, although I will confess that I didn't see Theo's collapse coming and still rate it as one of the greater mysteries in Habs' history.

In short, Price is Price, Theo was Theo, and in any case we WANT larger-than-life characters on our team, because that's what it takes to win. Whether Carey will put it all together and become the winner we want is an open question, but he's got as good a chance to do it as anyone.

I like your post, well thought out and presented.