Kane Arrested On Assault Charges

TheBigRedC

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287230

Patrick along with his coustin was apparently arrested for assaulting a cabbie after he couldn't give them proper change. Apparently the charge was $13.80, and he gave the cabbie $15. Kane then proceeded to lay down the hurt on the poor cabbie to recover his whopping $1.20.

The irony... he was coming from a meeting with there mayor where he was apparently donating money to fund a local rink.

Wow... And then Mr. NHL10 cover was traded to Florida :P

"This is why Toews is Captain"

I wonder if his brother will have to bite most of the bullet on this one (i.e. It was mostly his brother who initiated and conducted the action... etc etc)

Pretty crazy story though.

probably the cab driver looking to get rich off this.

Yeah so he cut up his face, broke his glasses and called the cops because he recognized a CHICAGO player in Buffalo that looks like he's 12 years old in the daytime, at 4 am :lol:

Edited by Habitforming

Yeah so he cut up his face, broke his glasses and called the cops because he recognized a CHICAGO player in Buffalo that looks like he's 12 years old in the daytime, at 4 am :lol:

To me, that's actually more plausible than Pat Kane assaulting someone for 20 cents.

Kane is from Buffalo, btw. I wouldn't be too surprised if the cabbie did recognize him.

To me, that's actually more plausible than Pat Kane assaulting someone for 20 cents.

Kane is from Buffalo, btw. I wouldn't be too surprised if the cabbie did recognize him.

I know Kane's from Buffalo, but I highly doubt he recognized him.

I've stood outside many rinks near "avid fans" when they are looking for autographs and 75% of those die hards have no idea what a player looks like without his helmet on (or has to ask who they are).

Add to that all the circumstances I listed and the odds are quite low. I'm not saying Kane actually did anything (maybe just his cousin, and I'm sure not over the reported $.20 cents owed) but you have to admit, it seems pretty bad for Patrick at this point, circumstantial or not.

Edited by Habitforming