Habs ink D'Agostini

huzer

Diago signed! (excellant), Chips, O'bryne and Price all part of the AHL championship team from Hamilton. They all have something to prove this season; Each of them had better show us that next gear and the wonderful chemistry they had winning the Calder Cup, now they belong in the NHL and they need to prove it on the ICE.

GO HABS GO! :clap:

Yeah, TSN is reporting a two-way deal. I assume the Habs signed him to his qualifying offer (well, re-offered him his QO since it expired back in July). Gotta think D'Ags and Stewart have a little bit of jealousy with Chipchura getting a guaranteed one year deal, but there was logic to that (needed to get Chips' cap hit down, other guys already had low cap hits).

Gainey's given himself as much cap space as he can to hopefully bank for the trade deadline, or use in case of a rash of injuries meaning there will be a lot of callups.

Yeah, TSN is reporting a two-way deal. I assume the Habs signed him to his qualifying offer (well, re-offered him his QO since it expired back in July). Gotta think D'Ags and Stewart have a little bit of jealousy with Chipchura getting a guaranteed one year deal, but there was logic to that (needed to get Chips' cap hit down, other guys already had low cap hits).

Gainey's given himself as much cap space as he can to hopefully bank for the trade deadline, or use in case of a rash of injuries meaning there will be a lot of callups.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it around $600k since he spent most of last season in the NHL. This way, it's a little more than his QO, but enough to give the team a little bit of wiggle room.

Diago signed! (excellant), Chips, O'bryne and Price all part of the AHL championship team from Hamilton. They all have something to prove this season; Each of them had better show us that next gear and the wonderful chemistry they had winning the Calder Cup, now they belong in the NHL and they need to prove it on the ICE.

GO HABS GO! :clap:

Agreed but Im not sure O'Brain-less can grow any more neurons (that kid should be placed in an on game simulator) 10 hours a day 7 days a week until he doesnt even have to think before he acts! There is hope! it just will take longer than smarter kids

I wouldn't be surprised to see it around $600k since he spent most of last season in the NHL. This way, it's a little more than his QO, but enough to give the team a little bit of wiggle room.

If he didn't give Latendresse more than his QO despite being a NHLer for 3 years, then I don't see why he would've given D'Agostini any more for being a NHLer for 4 months. We'll see.

If he didn't give Latendresse more than his QO despite being a NHLer for 3 years, then I don't see why he would've given D'Agostini any more for being a NHLer for 4 months. We'll see.

Here's hoping...every little bit of cap space counts.

Gotta think D'Ags and Stewart have a little bit of jealousy with Chipchura getting a guaranteed one year deal, but there was logic to that (needed to get Chips' cap hit down, other guys already had low cap hits).

I don't think Chips' roster spot is nailed down at all. I think it was more a case of Chips wanting a shot with another team if he doesn't make the Habs out of camp.

1 year, league minimum according to my contacts. Nice.

Nice. Glad everyone is on board now, and Bob still has some wiggle room.

I went to the habs site and watched all 12 of D'Ago's goals over again and considering the type of goals he scores I'm really quite amazed he doesn't score more often. Maybe this season will be a good break out year and he can avoid the sophmore slump.

Edited by Habitforming

I went to the habs site and watched all 12 of D'Ago's goals over again and considering the type of goals he scores I'm really quite amazed he doesn't score more often. Maybe this season will be a good break out year and he can avoid the sophmore slump.

He got away from driving the net as the season went on. I think he was shellshocked by the team's play a bit. Watching Gionta go to the net should help him gain the courage to do that type of game 82 nights a year.