Lang getting camp tryout?

brobin

Well I guess I should first apologize for steering this thread off its intial course.

Secondly I guess I could have been a little more specific about why I was so excited in the first place. I don't mind the responses given out. Guess I should be praying for all of you as well. Anyhow, what I'm excited about is that someone in the organization has thought to put these players into a retreat type situation where perhaps spirituality could be discussed and maybe bring there glamourous lives into a bit of perspective along with the team building and such. Hey after the mess of last season this could be a profound experience for them which could carry throughout the rest of the year.

Where religion is concerned, yes I do hope that my team searches out a spiritual identity Jesus loves them just as much as He loves you and me... that is why the cross.

Anyhow how's Lang's ankle anyone?

I'm done.

Thanks for reading.

Mats.

Hi matsnaslandsuperfn

I live not far too far from that facility which is a facility for teens that got some funding from the Ontario gov't a few years back.

I'd be very surprised if there were anything specifically religious ....and I'm a Catholic incidentally, at such a team function. I most certainly think we are all well advised to attend to the sound and healthy principles of natural law, and this is, if I remember my philosophy courses at U of T, an intelligible ordering that theism makes sense of, but these practical principles which are part of a happy life, would not likely be presented in a manner beyond the common sense approach they encourage.

If I were on the team, I'd want to know where a mass was being celebrated on Sunday, but anything much beyond that from the organization would be pretty intrusive, even for me. Martin, may or may not be a religious guy... I have no idea, but outside of some formally religoius institution like Notre Dame University, even a team prayer would not dount be a little alienating for some, and a sound religious principle wouild be sensitive to this. So, something more inclusive would be more appropriate, say, like suggesting that those who pray, which is a hell of a lot of people, might want to ask God for a wonderful exciting season. Not too many folks would take exception to that as some 90% of Canadians believe quite reasonably that there must be some kind of 'supreme being', or Aristotle's Unmoved Mover.

God bless Uncle Bob and les Habs!

Hi matsnaslandsuperfn

I live not far too far from that facility which is a facility for teens that got some funding from the Ontario gov't a few years back.

I'd be very surprised if there were anything specifically religious ....and I'm a Catholic incidentally, at such a team function. I most certainly think we are all well advised to attend to the sound and healthy principles of natural law, and this is, if I remember my philosophy courses at U of T, an intelligible ordering that theism makes sense of, but these practical principles which are part of a happy life, would not likely be presented in a manner beyond the common sense approach they encourage.

If I were on the team, I'd want to know where a mass was being celebrated on Sunday, but anything much beyond that from the organization would be pretty intrusive, even for me. Martin, may or may not be a religious guy... I have no idea, but outside of some formally religoius institution like Notre Dame University, even a team prayer would not dount be a little alienating for some, and a sound religious principle wouild be sensitive to this. So, something more inclusive would be more appropriate, say, like suggesting that those who pray, which is a hell of a lot of people, might want to ask God for a wonderful exciting season. Not too many folks would take exception to that as some 90% of Canadians believe quite reasonably that there must be some kind of 'supreme being', or Aristotle's Unmoved Mover.

God bless Uncle Bob and les Habs!

this post is like a rice cake. It has little value but for taking up time and space.

this post is like a rice cake. It has little value but for taking up time and space.

rotflmfao. :clap:

Personally I think all the different churchies and non churchies are over reacting about this. Its probably more like they are bringing in a Zen Master or Tony Robbins type guy for team unity and self worth confidence building personal enhancement stuff. I really dont think it would matter if you're Catholic, Jewish, Scientologist, atheist, etc. I would seriously doubt that there will be anything involved that would contradict anybodies religious beliefs. I'm pretty sure its not like they will be holding down the Catholic Habs and force them to use condoms, make the Jewish Habs eat pork and force BGL to eat a t-bone. :P

But then again how pissed off is Bob? I guess theres nothing like a good ole fashioned team alienating session after last years disappointing finish. :lol:

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Yours really added a lot and I appreciate the friendly gesture.

rotflmfao. :clap:

Personally I think all the different churchies and non churchies are over reacting about this. Its probably more like they are bringing in a Zen Master or Tony Robbins type guy for team unity and self worth confidence building personal enhancement stuff. I really dont think it would matter if you're Catholic, Jewish, Scientologist, atheist, etc. I would seriously doubt that there will be anything involved that would contradict anybodies religious beliefs. I'm pretty sure its not like they will be holding down the Catholic Habs and force them to use condoms, make the Jewish Habs eat pork and force BGL to eat a t-bone. :P

But then again how pissed off is Bob? I guess theres nothing like a good ole fashioned team alienating session after last years disappointing finish. :lol:

That was the point of my worthless post.

Any more news on this? Has it been confirmed yet?

Right now, it sounds like it's a no-go, his name doesn't appear on the official camp roster.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/Joueurs%20Camp-1109.pdf

Massé at camp is interesting - he's hurt and will be hurt going into the season. Technically, you can't cut an injured player.

Only 1 somewhat notable number change, as Maxwell has switched from 80 to 61.