NHL season thread

JoeLassister

So happy to see hockey highlights when I got home from work !!!! :clap:

Wow, what a body check by Dion Phaneuf on Okposo !!!!

Let me correct it : what a USELESS body check by Dion Phaneuf on Okposo !!!! What the ###### Dion ?!?! Do you really NEED to prove that you can hit a young gun like that in a preseason game ???

What a classless move.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Begin dropping the gloves in the first and then scoring in the second against the Leafs two nights ago. Going to hate playing against him. Noticed he's got #27 as well.

You probably wouldn't be saying that if you were a Flames fan.

I WOULD!!!

There are limits to everything! that was a useless pointless vile and cowardly shoulder to the head hit!!!!

I Think its way past its time for it to get penalized with a game misconduct ... Like Berggy said on last night Antichambre...Any hit to the head should be at least a major penalty plus game misconduct! regardless if it was accidental... just like the accidental head first boardings and two handed shafts to the head!!!

Edited by CoRvInA

You probably wouldn't be saying that if you were a Flames fan.

Calgary thinks it was a shitty thing to do as well.

Phanuef is nothing but a classless goon and has the IQ to match. Anyone notice that he left his position to deliver the hit as well? It wasn't even his guy to cover. He pulls that shit all the time, I hate it. Then he wouldn't fight anyone after. I'll cheer for the Flames this season since Bert is gone but I'll never like Phaneuf. He plays the game with zero respect.

It was like Martin Biron said "You never saw Scott Stevens decline a fight after hitting someone"

Theoren Fleury had a goal and an assist tonight making his case even stronger for the Flames to sign him.

Go Theo Go!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I remember him trying to punch Chara in the face once when Chara was in the Islanders. Looked so funny. What do u think Chara thought? "Can I really hit back someone that small?"

I remember him trying to punch Chara in the face once when Chara was in the Islanders. Looked so funny. What do u think Chara thought? "Can I really hit back someone that small?"

Thats why we love him in Calgary. He knows he's small, he just doesn't give a f*ck.

Added another assist last night. He's been a contributor in every game he's played in so far.

Pens 2 Leafs 0 after 1; Komi -2 :popcorn:

Directly responsible for those 2 goals against too...

He did redeem himself somewhat though... smart pinch and it's 2-1.

Komisarek doing what he does best

bullying smaller/thinner guys

what an overrated POS, good riddance

Today's quote from Damien Cox in the Star wrt the Leafs....

"So the possibilities generated in the Maple Leaf camp by a new pugnacious team attitude, the recent acquisition of sniper Phil Kessel, a deeper blueline led by François Beauchemin and some nifty-looking youngsters..."

Beauchemin is now the premier addition to the Leaf's blueline... so much for Komi... ;)

Today's quote from Damien Cox in the Star wrt the Leafs....

"So the possibilities generated in the Maple Leaf camp by a new pugnacious team attitude, the recent acquisition of sniper Phil Kessel, a deeper blueline led by François Beauchemin and some nifty-looking youngsters..."

Beauchemin is now the premier addition to the Leaf's blueline... so much for Komi... ;)

:clap:

Fleury was released from his tryout with the Flames today. :(

Someone better sign him, he can definitely still play.

My guess now is he has to look at the option of playing for a non-playoff team, or a non-traditional hockey market (Nashville, Atlanta, etc). He'll have to discuss how this would effect his life w/ family... living situations and such... *shrug*. I hope he doesn't give up and retire again.

My guess now is he has to look at the option of playing for a non-playoff team, or a non-traditional hockey market (Nashville, Atlanta, etc). He'll have to discuss how this would effect his life w/ family... living situations and such... *shrug*. I hope he doesn't give up and retire again.

I was hoping he could've at least played tomorrow so the fans could say bye. Theo means a lot to the city, this has been front page news for a week now. Sucks to just seem him shuffled out the door. It's not like any of the prospects made any sort of impression, they all sucked. Even Backlund got sent down and I thought he would atleast be a contributor this year.

San Jose tried this last year with Claude Lemieux, I'm wondering if they have room to give Theo a shot. He'd definitely add a lot to that locker room of pansies. Edmonton has room as well I think if he wants to stay close to home. Quinn is known for liking his older, veteran players. It'd be kind of insulting though, Fleury in an Oilers jersey. I wouldn't blame him though.

Wishes he signs with the Oilers and beat the crap out of the Flames ^_^

• 1 month later...

Not pleased with how Hitchcock is handling the goalie situation in Columbus. Mason has been off to a rough start this season, but Garon still only has three starts. Tonight, Mase gives up three goals on the Wings first six shots and is replaced with Garon, who comes in and stops 11 of 12 the rest of the period. Who skates to the net to start the second period? You guessed it, Mason comes back out and gives up 5 more goals the rest of the game. The kid was getting blasted, what the hell was Hitch thinking throwing him back out there? Garon better be warming up as the starter when I get to Nationwide on Friday.