NHL season thread

JoeLassister

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a look at the contracts, and Calgary hasn't really unloaded that much salary. Stajan and Higgins are both free agents after the season, though. It's gonna suck if "expiring contracts" become a valuable trade commodity like in the NBA.

They've opened up 4 mil for this season.

"Sources tell Sportsnet that Kotalik’s limited no-trade clause lists nine teams he can be traded to without his permission and Calgary isn't one of them."

Effing lol

Edited by jetsniper

They've opened up 4 mil for this season.

Yearly Cap Hit In

Stajan: 1.75

Hagman: 3

Mayers: 1.33

White: .85

Kotalik: 3

Higgins: 2.25

Total: 12.18

Yearly Cap Hit Out

Dion Phaneuf: 6.5

Fredrik Sjostrom: .75

Olli Jokinen: 5.25

Brandon Prust: .5

Total: 13

Of course, since they got 6 players for 4, they'll have to send a couple guys down, so I guess that does up open up closer to 2 million, which is more than I was thinking it was.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Yearly Cap Hit In

Stajan: 1.75

Hagman: 3

Mayers: 1.33

White: .85

Kotalik: 3

Higgins: 2.25

Total: 12.18

Yearly Cap Hit Out

Dion Phaneuf: 6.5

Fredrik Sjostrom: .75

Olli Jokinen: 5.25

Brandon Prust: .5

Total: 13

Of course, since they got 6 players for 4, they'll have to send a couple guys down, so I guess that does up open up closer to 2 million, which is more than I was thinking it was.

Acquisition cap hit is different from yearly cap hit.

Taking a look at the contracts, and Calgary hasn't really unloaded that much salary. Stajan and Higgins are both free agents after the season, though. It's gonna suck if "expiring contracts" become a valuable trade commodity like in the NBA.

Heck, I'd say it is already, though nowhere to the extent of the NBA. It's all about freeing up cap space to take a shot at a new crop of free agents to try and improve the team.

Ok, the Jokinen deal is official now.

He didn't even have a shot on goal tonight. It's still gonna be a rough go because of chemistry issues (tonights game is a good example) but in the end these two deals are for the better of the team. Phanuef wasn't gonna hit his ceiling in Calgary and Jokinen is just a super lazy player that didn't click with anyone on the team.

Ok, the Jokinen deal is official now.

He didn't even have a shot on goal tonight. It's still gonna be a rough go because of chemistry issues (tonights game is a good example) but in the end these two deals are for the better of the team. Phanuef wasn't gonna hit his ceiling in Calgary and Jokinen is just a super lazy player that didn't click with anyone on the team.

I believe you have 13 wingers now. There are more trades a-comin'.

I believe you have 13 wingers now. There are more trades a-comin'.

For sure, even with the seasons Stajan and Jokinen have had, they've still gotten weaker down the middle. Your Lecavalier suggestion keeps making more and more sense to me. I'm not sure why Backlund was one of the guys that got put in the press box though. He played well and had points in both games but instead you keep that giant thug McGrattan in. Such is how a Sutter team in a hillbilly city goes, I guess.

Oh and Go Avs Go! Can't start sounding like I'm more of a Flames fan. :lol:

Edited by jetsniper

Oh, your Lecavalier theory has some truth to it now Colin.

NHL radio reported about half an hour ago that the rumor is Langkow/Kotalik/Sarich for Lecavalier. Thats a horrible return but whatever, I'm down.

And The Fan just said Kotalik's flight to Calgary was cancelled. Nevermind, McKenzie tweeted he's having immigration issues.

Edited by jetsniper

Oh, your Lecavalier theory has some truth to it now Colin.

NHL radio reported about half an hour ago that the rumor is Langkow/Kotalik/Sarich for Lecavalier. Thats a horrible return but whatever, I'm down.

And The Fan just said Kotalik's flight to Calgary was cancelled.

A pair of former Bolts in that rumoured package, interesting.

I'd guess Zajac is a goner...

edit : Maybe not though. Rumors have Oduya, Mattias Tedenbi, Bergfors + 1rst pick going the other way.

Edited by JoeLassister

Still pretty weak if you ask me.

Considering that Kovalchuk is not interested in less than 10M$ for a long period of time, I'd say their chances to land a good return were quite low...