NHL season thread

JoeLassister

I'd say the Trashers now have a very good overall defensew ith Oduya, they have a top six winger, possibly a top three.

, a very good depth system adding Cormier in the mix + draft picks. And this team has a lot of depth everywhere.

And a lot money saved on a player who refused 10 million a year and carried his team once in the playoffs.

So congrats to Waddel, getting somenthing for the good of the Trashers organisation.

Hossa, Kovalchuk and these punks make me sick, spitting on 10 millions.

I hope New-Jersey vs let's say Ottawa in the first round and get kicked off.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the Trashers now have a very good overall defensew ith Oduya, they have a top six winger, possibly a top three.

, a very good depth system adding Cormier in the mix + draft picks. And this team has a lot of depth everywhere.

And a lot money saved on a player who refused 10 million a year and carried his team once in the playoffs.

So congrats to Waddel, getting somenthing for the good of the Trashers organisation.

Hossa, Kovalchuk and these punks make me sick, spitting on 10 millions.

I hope New-Jersey vs let's say Ottawa in the first round and get kicked off.

Small rumour going around that says Kovalchuk will still consider signing with Atl after July 1. Wouldn't that be a coup.

Really, it's not far off from the Hossa deal, perhaps even better. I think Oduya and Bergfors are better than Christiansen and Colby Armstrong. Esposito and Cormier are somewhat similar, as both had questionable futures at the two of the trade (people wondering if Angelo was a high probability bust and Cormier a dirty bastard). Then both had a 1st round pick tacked on the end.

Still pretty weak if you ask me.

There is nothing Waddell could have done and not come out the loser. Nothing.

- - - - -

Johnny Oduya

I liked him very much the last year he played back home in Sweden. He made his Elite League debut with Djurgården (same team Patric Hörnqvist played for; Marty Turco, Jose Theodore and Dan "ma house burn't dahn when I was playun' hawkey" Boyle played for 'em during the lockout in 04/05) and as far as I can recall he was mostly used as a rugged defensive defender. Last season he played here in Sweden he played for Frölunda (Henrik Lundqvist, Daniel Alfredsson, Per Johan Axelsson) and it felt like he took his game to a different level and he did very well on the national team if memory serves me right. At Frölunda he was allowed to join the attack a lot more often and dude's got good offensive skills IMO.

Then he ends up in LouLand and, well, doesn't feel like he got the same freedom there to play the kind of game he's capable of. So personally I'll be very interested to see what the move to Atlanta will mean for him. I'm not saying he's going to become the next Ray Bork or anything, but I hope/think he'll be more noticable playing for the Thrashers.

Nicklas Bergfors

I gotta admit I don't know much about the guy. All I remember is the Devils drafted him in the first round a couple years ago. I don't remember him much from his days back in Sweden tho. He's the same age as Professor Bäckström but I think he went over to North America sooner than Bäckström did and worked his way up through juniors/minors. He came out very strong at the start of the season but he seems to have slowed down a bit lately. But then again he is a rookie so that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Small rumour going around that says Kovalchuk will still consider signing with Atl after July 1. Wouldn't that be a coup.

Even if he wanted to, would he be allowed to do that? I seem to remember a case a couple of years ago (possibly when the Oilers traded Ryan Smyth to the Islanders) and they were saying he wouldn't be allowed to sign with the Oilers again because of the CBA.

The Panthers vs. Flames game tonight just goes to show it could always be worse. Florida entered the third period down 2-1 and they managed to get a grand total of TWO shots on goal in the third. :puke:

Edited by JacksonJ

Ville Leino was dealt to Philly today for O-K Tollefson and a 5th rounder. Haven't heard much about Leino this year but that doesn't seem like much of a return for him...

I agree, Leino's got loads of potential. The only thing I could think of is that DET's trying to free up some cap space with Franzen returning, but it's only a $.2M saving.

I agree, Leino's got loads of potential. The only thing I could think of is that DET's trying to free up some cap space with Franzen returning, but it's only a $.2M saving.

OKT was waived, so they essentially deal him for a 5th rounder to free up space.

• 3 weeks later...
YES! You mean I can finally get my Moore jersey? ;)

lol

Actually, I think they're behind on their rosters... they've got Perezhogin listed as #42