NHL season thread

JoeLassister

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Calgary Flames are a mess. I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of Brent Sutter and also Darryl Sutter. It amazes me that a friend of mine and I talked about the negative aspects of the Sutter's last night. Today the fans are asking questions and TSN actually has an article on it.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312653

I wonder if the Sutter's are too harsh or loony. An example of a loony coach would be (IMO) Mike Keenan, Pierre Page and Mario Tremblay amongst others. The press conferences and the attitude from both Sutter's would suggest that they are being far too critical to the benefit of the team. My advice for Brent would be to start acting like a loony who gets results: Tortorella. What Torts believes in is winning. He'll cut players down and peel the paint but he's also inspired to win. Players buy in to Tortorella's scheme because he inspires them. He's like the Mickey Goldmill of hockey who inspires the Rocky Balboa player. Brent seems to just like to crack the whip and there's no rewards for the players. It might make for a bummed out locker room and players being unhappy. The fact that Brent Sutter is using the media to vent on players spells big time trouble.

I like the Sutter's and for their sake I hope someone tells them to be more like Mickey Goldmill! Not this iron fist!

Shit !! Washington have 42 shots on goal after TWO periods against Dallas !!!! Turco with the 952% ...

Looks like Turco wants to play somewhere next year.

Philly wins :angry: Huet really is being a drag. I wonder if Niemi and Huet can get them the cup. I doubt it. And to top it all off Chicago can't even do the Habs a favour.

Go home Chicago. Blah!

PS. I'm simply relaying what my fellow Blackhawk fans at work have been saying. Chicago can score 4 or 5 but to still lose by 1? THEY'RE NOT HAPPY! No big saves. Maybe the Hawks are going for the cup in 2011.

Maybe Eddie can come out of retirement :P

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

If it wasn't the Philly Flyers, I would be sad for them. hahahaha

Yeh, brutal luck, eh? I like Carter, so I feel bad that he's out.

When it's all said and done we'll likely look back at the Flames losing to the Isles as the final nail in their coffin. We'll see soon.

Detroit 73 GP - 87 PTS

Calgary 74 GP - 83 PTS

UNACCEPTABLE!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

When it's all said and done we'll likely look back at the Flames losing to the Isles as the final nail in their coffin. We'll see soon.

Detroit 73 GP - 87 PTS

Calgary 74 GP - 83 PTS

UNACCEPTABLE!

I really, really, really wanted Detroit to miss the playoffs this year.

I really, really, really wanted Detroit to miss the playoffs this year.

I can go either way. I would've preferred Detroit but Calgary is kind of nice too. Especially when I spent all summer being told Colorado would be last in the league. Or even after games I went to this year (both Avs games, both Avs wins)

No loud annoying bandwagon this spring. :D

More fun for the Flames. The only flame they're emitting this year is from between 2 cheeks - courtesy of a bic lighter :P

Detroit 74 GP - 89 PTS

Calgary 74 GP - 83 PTS

Good luck with that Cow Town!

The way Detroit is playing right now, I wouldn't want to be the 1st seed facing them. Imagine that... the Red Wings pulling off a first round upset! :)

More fun for the Flames. The only flame they're emitting this year is from between 2 cheeks - courtesy of a bic lighter :P

Detroit 74 GP - 89 PTS

Calgary 74 GP - 83 PTS

Good luck with that Cow Town!

Whats with your obsession of the Flames, OOC? I only ask since I'm Calgarian.

The way Detroit is playing right now, I wouldn't want to be the 1st seed facing them. Imagine that... the Red Wings pulling off a first round upset! :)

Honestly, anyone in the West can beat anyone else. The first round will be interesting this year.