NHL season thread

JoeLassister

Holy moly - it's amazing how things that look so utterly hopeless can change. Now the Flames have new life and Jets, if you are out there I'm sure you like the idea but at another teams' (not Colorado) expense.

May you live in interesting times.

Pens still losing to Thrashers with 7:00 to go in the game. C'mon Pens, if they win this game in regulation and we beat Buffalo the Habs will have eclipsed Atlanta as a threat to us missing the playoffs. Then it'll only be the Rangers that are an indirect threat.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pens win but Atlanta loses in OT to gain 1 point. Still it's better than 2 :D

Yep, glass half-full. Our playoff chances increased by 0.1%. :)

The Flames don't have shit, Kiprusoff is dragging this team into the playoffs with everything he has. Washington, Phoenix and my boys were all the better teams in their games against Calgary and deserved a better fate. Kipper is the only reason they're still in this thing.

Calgary has Chicago next who they're always terrible against and we've got the Sharks who we've played close all season. Colorado still has a game against the Oilers left too with a game in hand which could prove crucial. Calgary has nothing but tough teams left (Chicago, San Jose, Minnesota and Vancouver, I think)

Last night was intensely demoralizing to me but I'm still holding out hope. Even if Colorado doesn't make it, I won't be mad at them. They're a young team that hasn't dealt with this kind of pressure before, this slide is good for them in the long run. We're gonna be a pretty good team in the future.

Calgary I was hoping would miss. If they squeak in, thats justification to not really change things around. Miss the playoffs and heavy changes would happen this summer which they need. To be honest, I'm just kind of hating the Flames right now though.

Flyers beat the Wings this afternoon, the Eastern race gets even tighter.

And so my hatred for Detroit grows...

...Calgary has Chicago next...
Yup, that didn't go so well for the Flames :nono:

...and we've got the Sharks...
And yes, Colorado prevails :lol:

...thats justification to not really change things around...
Agreed, they do need a reason to face the music. And with that Calgary is right back in the crapper. They're making me dizzy. One day they're dead, dead, dead and then there's a ghost of a chance. Heh, that door is looking more closed than ever.

frcd5.png

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Yeah, I had to watch myself yesterday at Easter dinner. Calgary had already lost so everyone there was pretty down but they were all sure San Jose would beat us. I kept telling them we played them tight all year and had a good shot at winning but no one believed me. Check the score a couple hours later, it's 4-2 for the Avs. I had a mini celebration. Although I came home and saw the Sharks came back but whatever we still won.

What sucks though is Mueller is out indefinitely with a concussion. Apparently Blake laid down a dirty hit but wasn't penalized. That Wolski/Mueller trade has been fantastic for both teams. Mueller compliments Duchene much better then Wolski did, 20 points in 15 games. But I'm pretty sure Wolski has been great for the Yotes as well.

The magic number is 4 right now. 2 Colorado wins, 2 Calgary losses or 1 of each puts us in the playoffs.

From NHL.COM:

#6 Montreal Canadiens would clinch a playoff berth...

* if they defeat the New York Islanders AND either the New York Rangers or Philadelphia Flyers lose in regulation to the Buffalo Sabres or Toronto Maple Leafs, respectively

OR

* if they defeat the New York Islanders AND both the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers lose (in regulation or overtime/shootout) to the Buffalo Sabres and Toronto Maple Leafs, respectively

OR

* if they get one point against the New York Islanders AND both the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers lose in regulation to the Buffalo Sabres and Toronto Maple Leafs, respectively

Let's hope one of these scenerio's happen tonight

Dutchy puts us in the playoffs! The Red Mile will be awfully quiet this year! Wooooooooooooooo!!!!

I thought you were a closet Flames fan?

The 29 other teams don't f*cking matter when the Avs make the playoffs.

What are you doing back here anyway.

Just wanted to see how the league was holding up.

Btw, I was joking about the flames thing. ;)

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Yeah, I had to watch myself yesterday at Easter dinner. Calgary had already lost so everyone there was pretty down but they were all sure San Jose would beat us. I kept telling them we played them tight all year and had a good shot at winning but no one believed me. Check the score a couple hours later, it's 4-2 for the Avs. I had a mini celebration. Although I came home and saw the Sharks came back but whatever we still won.

What sucks though is Mueller is out indefinitely with a concussion. Apparently Blake laid down a dirty hit but wasn't penalized. That Wolski/Mueller trade has been fantastic for both teams. Mueller compliments Duchene much better then Wolski did, 20 points in 15 games. But I'm pretty sure Wolski has been great for the Yotes as well.

The magic number is 4 right now. 2 Colorado wins, 2 Calgary losses or 1 of each puts us in the playoffs.

I went to the Flames/Sharks game last night... just awful... if kipper can`t steal them the game it`s a guarateed loss. The fans seem to be turning on Iggy judging by the number of people who joined in on the "where's the captain?" chant. If the habs could snatch up Iginla and reunite him with Cammy I would give up pretty much any asset (other than Subban).

Philly is leading Philly is leading! (That should be enough to jinx is all and get the Rags to win.) ((That should be enough to reverse the jinx.)) ((That was for the double jinx)) (((The triple one.))) ((((etc))))

RDS has switched over from the Masters to the Rangers/Flyers game.....

1-0 early for the Flyers

Your reverse triple jinx just backfired...... Rags tie it up on the PP