GDT: Senators vs Canadiens (Pre-Season #2)

dlbalr

Another day, another game (and we'll be saying that a lot in the near future). Since no one's put something together, I'll throw together another hap-hazard game thread.

It's a mostly new lineup for the Habs tonight with just 1 player in who played last night. My first assessment is that it's a noticeably weaker lineup as well.

Montreal Canadiens:

Forwards:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta

Moen - Maxwell - Glumac

Russell - Metropolit - Neilson

Wyman - Pyatt - Conboy

Defence:

Mara - Weber

Belle - Carle

Gill - Henry (better time their rushes with an hourglass...)

Goalies:

Sanford

Halak

The Sens are 0-2 so far this preseason. Again, I have a pretty good idea of who's playing based on reports, but no confirmed lines, so once again, here's my projected Sens lines:

Ottawa Senators:

Forwards:

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson

Zubov - Regin - Neil

Kelly - Bass - Winchester

Schubert - Smith - Yablonski

Defence:

Campoli - Picard

Lee - Cowen

Kinrade - Carkner

Goalies:

Leclaire

Lehner

Puck drops at 7:30.

TV - RDS

Radio - CJAD, CKAC

Very interesting lineup for the Habs tonight. I kinda want to try and find a feed of the game so I can see how the guys look, but, too much homework might prevent.

That first line will be counted on a ton I reckon.

I feel bad for Gionta. He came for the advertisement of playing with Gomez. Cammalleri came to play with the two. Martin seems ready to toss those ideas already. I mean, if what we heard isn't true, then okay, but if the reason these other guys came was to play with Gomez? That's bad advertising and a surefire way to get people to hate Montreal all over again.

I mean, think about it: "I'm going to play with Gomez, with whom I had a banner couple of seasons." may have just turned into "Plekanec. Shoot me now."

I feel bad for Gionta. He came for the advertisement of playing with Gomez. Cammalleri came to play with the two. Martin seems ready to toss those ideas already. I mean, if what we heard isn't true, then okay, but if the reason these other guys came was to play with Gomez? That's bad advertising and a surefire way to get people to hate Montreal all over again.

I mean, think about it: "I'm going to play with Gomez, with whom I had a banner couple of seasons." may have just turned into "Plekanec. Shoot me now."

I have little doubt that the first line PP unit will be Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta.

Gomez and Gionta will get their time together, I'm sure. But if Martin is uncomfortable with Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta as an everyday first line, then I think the more recent 40 goal scorer takes precedence over someone 3 seasons removed from his...

Colin, I think Martin is trying to determine if there's a chance that Gomez & Cammalleri can have some chemistry, to give him some versatility. He already knows, with some degree of certainty, that the Gomez-Gionta combination will work well enough together; the two have played together since they were teenagers after all. Most coaches like to juggle their lines when things aren't going well so this is a good time to experiment.

I think y'all are reading too much into the preseason lines. I am sure that come day 1 of the real season we see Gionta lined up with Gomez. We can't start all our shoe-ins for the big team in every preseason game. It makes sense to me that they got split this way. I only hope to see our young squad, lead by Gionta, beat the Hens preseason lineup.

Go Habs Go!!!

Have to say though, I feel for our goalies with the young D-core

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Yikes, that's a minor league roster!

Looking forward to seeing if Patches gels with Pleks and Gionta.

Nothing wrong with a minor league roster. I see that every night with the Bulldogs.

Hey colin may be we could get the season started before the controversy starts. I feel bad for a bunch of guys who are playing in their last game in the near future. :lol:

Carkner just punked Conboy

Neilson with a huge hit on Campoli. He's certainly going his part to get noticed.

He got tossed out of the game even though he never dropped the gloves a 3rd time. That's a shitty call...

Refs still hates us.