GDT: Canadiens vs Bruins (Pre-Season #4), September 20, 7 PM EST

Psycing

Just tossing up a thread quickly for anyone looking to discuss tonight's match, which will be televised on RDS if I am not mistaken.

Lineups:

Forwards:

Latendresse-Plekanec-Gionta

S. Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Wyman

Moen-Metropolit-Glumac

Darche-Pyatt-White

Defence:

Gorges-Weber

Gill-Benoit

Carle-O'Byrne

Goal: Halak, Sanford

Edited by Psycing

I took the day off work because I had planned taking the 1:15 hour city bus ride to go to the game and shell out 95$ for a little wooden seat in a shitty arena despite having a debilitating cold and 37.5° temp so I could watch that game live.

Ultimately, what will have changed my mind and made me stay home is that crappy C Squad roster. Wyman, Glumac, Metropolit, Pyatt, Sanford, Gorges, O'Byrne, S.Kostitsyn. Yuck.

Gonna be a big test for Lats. He wants that top 2 line LW spot and Martin is giving him a test drive with Plex and Gionta. Pacioretty looked alright so there's definitely some pressure to one-up the rook on Gui's shoulders.

I think Halak will have to stand on his head to keep the Habs in that game.

Gonna be a big test for Lats. He wants that top 2 line LW spot and Martin is giving him a test drive with Plex and Gionta. Pacioretty looked alright so there's definitely some pressure to one-up the rook on Gui's shoulders.

:clap:

My hope is that this is Gui's year. Add to that MaxPax stepping up in controlled situations where he's inserted to succeed, and I see those two turning corners. As much as I liked Carbo as a *potential* coach, he was just not there yet, and I think he mis-used Gui too many times. Martin, though, I believe will be just what the Gui ordered.

These two players, IMHO, are big keys to future success in Montreal. Two big boys who have the potential to Leclair it up a little and make Habs fans FINALLY forget Leclair himself (to a degree). If Gui can stick with two of the smaller, faster, puck possession boys and get himself open in front of the net, he's going to score plenty of goals.

If... *if* he can take that step this season, I can see 35+ from Gui. I think he has it in him - but it's going to take a lot of extra work to get there.

Just tossing up a thread quickly for anyone looking to discuss tonight's match, which will be televised on RDS if I am not mistaken.

Lineups:

Forwards:

Latendresse-Plekanec-Gionta

S. Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Wyman

Moen-Metropolit-Glumac

Darche-Pyatt-White

Defence:

Gorges-Weber

Gill-Benoit

Carle-O'Byrne

Goal: Halak, Sanford

I'm glad I checked the board, cuz I would have missed the game on RDS! Thanks beaucoup!

Pretty good 1st. Good rythm.

Plex looks really better than what he showed last season. He looks more confident, less over-thinking his every move. Ryan White also had a pretty good showing again, especially on the PK. That player will find a way to get to the NHL someday.

David Desharnais was fun to watch, especially with that deke under Chara's arms. DD's 5'6" might be the counter-weapon to Chara's 6'8" because the big Zdeno just cant reach that far down!

2nd period wasnt so good. It's become clearer that if Plex and Gionta are getting physically challenged and pushed to the boards, troubles starts for that line.

I never was a Gorges fan and it's not going to start tonight. The guy might have a huge heart and tons of character, strictly skills speaking he's very limited and it doesnt take much to get him overwhelmed.

Hope the 3rd is better.

3rd is definitely better.

I really like David Desharnais tonight. He plays above his head/size.

I will really like Gionta as well this season. He is really fast and creates all kinds of scoring chances.

Glumac and Benoit should not survive the first cuts.

Edit : Carle CANNOT be ahead of Weber or anybody who aspire to make the NHL. Weber makes him look like a pee-wee tonight. Carle's passes are weak and soft and he created so many turnovers, it's amazing.

Count me as one of those who just gave up on Carle.

Edited by JoeLassister

I wont be judgmental on anybody until the real season starts

Sergei looked ok

Guillaume...kinda worried since he couldn't finish anything tonight

Gionta-Looks like he's playing hungry

Gill-Looked ok...no major mistakes

Gorges...sure he scored...but meh

Weber..solid..i think he takes the 7 spot

Well that 3rd was better.

Overall decent game. PP needs loads of work and it shows.

Thumbs Up

◊ O'Byrne's defensive play. Looks less nervous and more effective. Big improvement on last season. It's very promising.

◊ Desharnais' overall game. Made something happen everytime he was on the ice, and not afraid of physical contact. The progress curve is there.

◊ Ryan White's feistiness. I'm liking him more and more. Improved his speed, always on the prowl, always gives a 2nd and 3rd effort.

◊ Gionta is everything advertised. Dynamic player very dangerous on the rush and great on the backcheck. Not the best passer though.

Thumbs Down

◊ Glumac, Darche, Benoit, Pyatt: definitely going to be good AHLers, but the NHL upside isnt really there.

◊ Latendresse. His offensive game is off because he was cast in a checking role for 3 years but he'll need to start burying more chances.

◊ Travis Moen. Maybe he has nothing to prove anymore, but still haven't seen anything really interesting out of him. Looked generic out there.

◊ Josh Gorges. He's a 6th D, 5th at best. Any bigger role for him will mean the Habs are in trouble.

◊ SKost. Doesnt look as hungry as I'd expect from a guy who was once a regular and now has to fight for his NHL job.

Steady as she goes

◊ Halak is as good as expected. If Price self-implode again, I wont be worried.

◊ Weber is showing nice progress and that he's coming along just fine. Still on the cusp of the NHL, but he's very head-steady for such a young D.

◊ Carle is right where he should be given all the time he missed due to injuries. Still not NHL ready, but progressing fine.

◊ Metropolit is the same guy as last season. One less thing to worry about, I guess.

◊ Plekanec is showing signs of rebounding. Still has some work to do but looks better already.

◊ Hal Gill isnt spectacular at all, doest hit that much either, but he's effective at using his big reach to put pucks out of danger.

◊ SKost. Doesnt look as hungry as I'd expect from a guy who was once a regular and now has to fight for his NHL job.

I agree for the most part with every one except this one - considering they're trying to use him in a role he's not used to (PK and defence - he led the Habs in PK ice time yesterday actually), he hasn't done half bad. If they were using him in a scoring role at this time, I'd be more concerned. There's definitely room for improvement though, but hey, that's what the preseason's for.

totally random thought but I don't know where else to write it: I've heard absolutely nothing about chipchura this camp, and he hasn't played any exhibition games that I'm aware of. Anyone have any thoughts? is he not making the team? is it still too early? has the franchise given up on him?

Well I didn't get a chance like some t watch any games but supposedly the game tonight is on the nhl network.

So based on what folks arew saying some players are needing some work.

I guess the only things that have stood out by articles, reading posts is Cammalarri, Gionta are as advertised.

BGL hurt again, this sucks.

Gorges, Price and a few others need to get it in gear.

No goals by forwards in the last 2 games, concerning because it's pre season and not every team is playing with a top line roster.

I' interested to see the lineup tonight and see how guys play, especially Price.

Well I didn't get a chance like some t watch any games but supposedly the game tonight is on the nhl network.

So based on what folks arew saying some players are needing some work.

I guess the only things that have stood out by articles, reading posts is Cammalarri, Gionta are as advertised.

BGL hurt again, this sucks.

Gorges, Price and a few others need to get it in gear.

No goals by forwards in the last 2 games, concerning because it's pre season and not every team is playing with a top line roster.

I' interested to see the lineup tonight and see how guys play, especially Price.

I believe that tonight's game is on TSN as well.

As for the performance of players, it is tough to judge because the lineup is so weak. Forwards are not receiving crisp, accurate breakout passes for the most part. Games have been really sloppy. Wait until at least the next round of cuts to see what is up.