GDT: Penguins - Canadiens, Pre-Season #5

dlbalr

You're forgetting 2 years ago when we practically owned the 3rd period. (Remember the comeback against the Rangers, for example?)

Price was better this game but the 3rd goal was still weak and 3 goals in 28 shots is not great (.893 save percentage). (Even worse, 7 goals in 44 shots = .841 save percentage).

Halak has been the better goalie but as usual, they'll give the job to Price based on politics and expectations.

Politics = Gainey's 1st pick and 5th overall - can't make the GM look bad by not making his pick # 1

Expectations = Price is the so-called goalie of the future. Who cares if we lost a series 4 straight!!!? Isn't it more important to develop Price?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yeah, for those who haven't figured it out, there's a healthy dose of sarcasm being meted out here.)

- Jack

which is why he resigned Tanguay.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Kostitsyn seems to work best as the 'Go To' guy on a line (didn't he do better in games where he wasn't paired with Kovalev last season?); and Plekanec has shown tendencies to become neurotic and insecure when asked to centre intimidating veterans (remember him wilting as Kovalev's C in 2007?). Plus, with all the elite talent on one line, the Pleks line won't face any heavy-duty checkers. It just seems like the personalities and talents involved would flourish better under an 'All Eggs in One Basket' philosophy, letting the 'young vets' Pleks/Kostitsyn fly under the radar and find their own groove.

I been saying for 2 years now that A Kosts shouldnt play with Kovalev.

I lost my bookmarks a while ago so I lost it and wasnt able to post this when it was more relevant, but once again I've recently managed to find absolute proof: Proof A Kosts shouldnt play with Kovalev

After last season I'm not even sure if A Kosts should be playing with Plexs.

Price had one bad outing in the preseason. He's only had 3, so of course his overall stats look bad. If he has 1 bad outing every 3 starts, he won't be a starter for long. But if the one bad outing he has is just one out of seven to ten, then it's not a huge concern.

???????? I don't understand this...

- Jack

have you been to ek's site again? Tanguay is in the hell known as florida.

I was responding to the thesis that BG felt forced to use Price as a starting goalie because he'd blown a 1st round draft pick on him. I was simply stating that BG didn't feel forced to re-sign Tanguay simply because he'd blown a 1st round draft pick on him.