Sergei wants to be traded

rafikz

Sk asking for a trade seems to be worse and worse on a game by game basis.

So far none of the AHL callups have impressed me at all so getting rid of SK could be a really bad thing. I know he has potential and will get there eventually and if he's gone will the others ever get to his potential? Its not looking like it so far. SK is probably the best of the bunch. It sucks he was so quick to demand a trade. It definitely looks like he will be back for the Habs and before the Habs want him back. That could be extremely bad if SK doesnt learn anything from this and thinks he got his way only for lack of progress from the other rookies. SK was sent down to learn some D and to teach him to work harder every shift. If he's called up to soon the entire concept for him being called down will backfire.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for crying out loud i did not realize this selfish little jerk had pulled this shet before. He says he can play in the NHL and he can, if he removes his head from a$$ and plays hockey. He needs to be left in Hamilton for a while, untill he understands that playing in the NHL is a privilege not a right. And in order to get that privilege you have to work until you bleed. he doesn't even want to sweat. leave the jerk down there for the season.

w0w, thats crazy, I didnt realise he pulled a similar thing with the Bulldogs. I think that this is actually his 3rd time then because didnt he miss a flight or something before with the Habs for a game he would be a healthy scratch? I vaguely remember some other "incident" anyways with the Habs which ended up being a non incident really but it was still something.

I dont really blame SK though for not reporting to the Bulldogs Calder run to watch from the stands because of how great his OHL line was but then again I guess it was really cocky considering his older bro had just barely cracked the Habs roster after playing 2 years in Hamilton.

I would much rather see SK in the Habs lineup ahead of both Stewart and Diago. SK has much more skill and potential.

Bring him up for the home opener.

Then you enable his behaviour. Force him to rip up the AHL before calling him back up.

to the poster who asked me how Sergei is better...

I should have said "CAN BE" better.

when on his game, Sergei has proven that he's better than any of them when they are on their game too.

There are some games where I was frikkin impressed, I was awed, astonished by Sergei's performances.

However, I can't say the same about d'Ago or Pax or whoelseInamed... I can just say that they are good kids, with some talent, skills and perks.

When they are on "cruise control" they all more or less suck though.

to the poster who asked me how Sergei is better...

I should have said "CAN BE" better.

when on his game, Sergei has proven that he's better than any of them when they are on their game too.

There are some games where I was frikkin impressed, I was awed, astonished by Sergei's performances.

However, I can't say the same about d'Ago or Pax or whoelseInamed... I can just say that they are good kids, with some talent, skills and perks.

When they are on "cruise control" they all more or less suck though.

The only thing that ever "impressed" me about Sergei was his passing skills. Never been awed by anything else in his game because, frankly, it's ordinary.

Then you enable his behaviour. Force him to rip up the AHL before calling him back up.

Not saying that i enable his behavior, but i'd take him in the lineup over Stewart anyday. Ya Stewart brings some grit, but so does SK, with much more potential.

Also Diago has done very little to impress me. Ya, he scored a few goals right after his callup last year, but he is crap defensively. For a young guy SK impressed me with his defensive awareness. If he is traded it will come back to bite the Habs in the behind.

Not saying that i enable his behavior, but i'd take him in the lineup over Stewart anyday. Ya Stewart brings some grit, but so does SK, with much more potential.

Also Diago has done very little to impress me. Ya, he scored a few goals right after his callup last year, but he is crap defensively. For a young guy SK impressed me with his defensive awareness. If he is traded it will come back to bite the Habs in the behind.

I like SK, can't help it... I hope he deserves his spot on the roster!... AND I HOPE THE HABS HIRE MORE Sport Shrinks for HAMILTON!!!!

Shame the little weed didn't shut up and go to Hamilton like a big boy - the likelihood of his being recalled by now would have been pretty good. Because of all this whining, he's probably missing NHL action which is what he wanted all along.

I'd call up Eric Nielson before I'd call up Sergei. That would send a message.

Yeah, I want to see more of Nielson. Put him with Georges and Glen!

:hlogo:

w0w, thats crazy, I didnt realise he pulled a similar thing with the Bulldogs. I think that this is actually his 3rd time then because didnt he miss a flight or something before with the Habs for a game he would be a healthy scratch? I vaguely remember some other "incident" anyways with the Habs which ended up being a non incident really but it was still something.

I dont really blame SK though for not reporting to the Bulldogs Calder run to watch from the stands because of how great his OHL line was but then again I guess it was really cocky considering his older bro had just barely cracked the Habs roster after playing 2 years in Hamilton.

He was hurt for the Calder run I believe.

And it was Grabovsky who missed the plane.

Sergei feels like he's entitled to a NHL spot. He have to actually earn it first. He may have the talent but he needs a serious attitude change before being allowed to be in the lineup. The dude's think he's some kind of superstar.

I'd call up Eric Nielson before I'd call up Sergei. That would send a message.

They would have to sign Neilson first - he's under an AHL contract only and the Habs have just 1 contract left out of their limit of 50. It'd surely send a message, but it ain't happening.

• 2 weeks later...
apparently Sergei has been suspended again by the team. he reportedly left Hamilton yesterday with all of his belongings.

does that make him the third Player to leave us and make the KHL in the last 5 years?

apparently Sergei has been suspended again by the team. he reportedly left Hamilton yesterday with all of his belongings.

well I guess he just does not have the patience nor the brain power to play in the NHL. It is really too bad but maybe he needs to go back to Russia to remember why he came here in the 1st place.

*sigh*

It's too bad really. I had such high hopes for Sergei after he broke into the league. I obviously pin most of the blame on Sergei and his mighty ego, but I wonder how things would have gone had Martin demoted him earlier, so he could have played in the Scotland games with the rest of the Bulldogs. I thought it was a little disrespectful to exclude him from such an experience, especially since he wasn't dressed for the final pre-season game. I'd have felt slighted in that instance, particularly when everyone else went off to the Teen Ranch. It's like Martin just wanted to make an example out of him, and if so, it's clearly backfired in the sense that we're losing a decent prospect for SFA.

Too bad, IMO.

What a bummer. It seems reasonably likely that he would have been called up pretty soon, given the glaring need for a winger with offensive upside to play in the top 6. Terrible timing by him and a mark of true childishness.

Emelin, Valetenko, Perezhogin, now Kostitsyn: that's

-a top-4 defenceman

-a top-6 defenceman

-a good, proven third liner with quite possibly the skills to play on the top two lines - we'll never know because Carbo insisted on turning Perezhogin into a checker

-and a talented player of uncertain potential (Sergei).

So 3-4 likely regulars out of the system for no reason other than disinterest in playing in the NHL (Emelin) or unwillingness to pay the price (the other three). You can add Grabovksi, too, who at least didn't sulk back to Russia, but did pull the same kind of crap as Kostitsyn when he was with us. So: 4-5 surefire NHLers, lost.

Add those guys into the mix and the terrible track record of the Gainey regime in terms of developing talent might look significantly better.

Is it just bad luck? Are we not practicing due diligence in assessing these eastern Europeans' characters before we scout them? Is there some systematic disconnect between coaching staff and players of this profile?

Whatever it is, it sucks. :angry:

It is rather amusing that this is being reported everywhere that "the Habs suspended SK" when it seems the details show he packed up his belongings tuesday night and is heading for the airport.

That is like your employer firing you after you've handed in your resignation.

This guy is doing himself no favors at all. He initially came over to North America to play junior so to familiar himself with this hockey style.

So, as it turns out: What was the point in coming over??? :blink: To make matters worse I doubt any GM will risk taking him on if and when he returns. A rival GM might have been able to see past some of his shortcomings but this hiatus and sneaking away like a thief in the night (it sure feels that way) might be the straw that broke the (his NHL career) camel's back.

GOOF!

And now we must wonder what we could have hauled in had we traded him. (We still can.) Apparently, there was a potential deal with the Lightning for Paul Ranger (just a rumour).

I never wanna see the Habs draft a Russian again past 10th oa.

To be fair, Andrei (the 10th oa pick) has the been the Russian/Belarussian that has turned out the best for us. Apart from his friendship with the mobster (which was probably more about his brother), he has a pretty clean track record. Sergei was a 7th round pick so there was never any risk. He's already developed beyond what he was "supposed to be."