Sergei wants to be traded

rafikz

Very disappointing if Sergei has bolted.

I expected that he would be recalled soon.

I guess his attitude really stinks, as he is much more talented than a bunch on the Habs.

its attitude but also that you got 3 teams waving millions in $$ NOW compared to fighting for spot in the Habs team then fighting for a raise and not mentioning the fact that he realizes that no other team in the NHL will want to trade for him

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Andrei (the 10th oa pick) has the been the Russian/Belarussian that has turned out the best for us. Apart from his friendship with the mobster (which was probably more about his brother), he has a pretty clean track record. Sergei was a 7th round pick so there was never any risk. He's already developed beyond what he was "supposed to be."

My point exactly. I don't want to waste any other late pick on Russians. They most likely won't play in the NHL and/or make more than 1M$ when they reach 21 years old so why bother trying to lure them in the Habs system ??

My point exactly. I don't want to waste any other late pick on Russians. They most likely won't play in the NHL and/or make more than 1M$ when they reach 21 years old so why bother trying to lure them in the Habs system ??

I thought you wrote, "I don't ever wanna see the Habs draft another Russian at 10th oa."

The party is over. There were reports in camp of Martin being unimpressed with the fitness level of the Habs and this was going to be a no nonsense approach from the coach. Cammalleri, Gomez and Gionta where up to the challenge and were impressed with this approach.

Then there was Sergei late in Quebec followed by JM in practice asking him if he's paying attention and also yelling at him when he was out of position.

I really liked the kid as many of us did. But when I saw that ridiculous photo of him last year I cringed. It was chapter one of Sergei no more. Now I'm angry that he bolted the way he did. Jumping to the money (KHL) so blatantly, so quickly bothers me. Ok, ok - yeah, he had an ultimatum. But surely he is aware as is his agent that a deal is going to take a month. Trades won't heat up until mid-November. So, does he want to play in the NHL or....? Something is off about the whole thing. I wonder if there's alot of crap that we don't know about.

What bad timing, there was definitely a place for him on the Habs, and he's been playing well in the A. On the other hand, if the mandate was to get rid of bad apples and have a team pulling in the same direction, seems in hindsight he had to go. I just wish we'd gotten something for him... This bothers me more then it should.....now it's imperative for some of the other kids to step up, so many bad things have already happened since the start of the season.

Edited by redondo

By the way, I think this is more evidence that it wasn't just carbo, who everyone blamed for some of the behavior by the players (the old, he doesn't communicate bit).

I think some of the players have big friggin attitude issues on this team. Gainey dumped most of them, but little #### was still here. I don't buy that JM didn't talk to him. Even Gainey talked to him.

The issue is some of these players are spoiled, rich, and lazy.

What bad timing, there was definitely a place for him on the Habs, and he's been playing well in the A. On the other hand, if the mandate was to get rid of bad apples and have a team pulling in the same direction, seems in hindsight he had to go. I just wish we'd gotten something for him... This bothers me more then it should.....now it's imperative for some of the other kids to step up, so many bad things have already happened since the start of the season.

We've been ridding the locker room of bad apples since Dagenais and we've never stopped having locker room problems.

Uncle Bob. He respects and makes an effort to understand people. He's genuine. People sense it and usually if it doesn't work out , I supect its because of a problem at their end, not Bob's.

I am bien heureux that the kid, and he is a kid, has settled back somewhat. Who's on the phone with him telling him what a star he is and how bad he's being treated in NA?

In any case I hope we can all grow happier together. Good work Uncle Bob. You can only do a part of it, but you do your part very well. :clap:

Edited by Toronthab

Bob's been called the "best boss you could ever have". I think he just showed Sergei what kind of guy he is, and he comforted Sergei on his position in the organization. Hopefully things work out for Sergei and Montreal. I like him, he's as talented as his brother.

Kinda surprised Bob waited this long.

Really, though...when Bob Gainey is speaking to you man to man, how can you not listen? Even with all the crap that's gone down in the last year, he is still, well, Bob Gainey. Even Belarussan babies know that, apparently.

Uncle Bob. He respects and makes an effort to understand people. He's genuine. People sense it and usually if it doesn't work out , I supect its because of a problem at their end, not Bob's.

I am bien heureux that the kid, and he is a kid, has settled back somewhat. Who's on the phone with him telling him what a star he is and how bad he's being treated in NA?

In any case I hope we can all grow happier together. Good work Uncle Bob. You can only do a part of it, but you do your part very well. :clap:

Bob's been called the "best boss you could ever have". I think he just showed Sergei what kind of guy he is, and he comforted Sergei on his position in the organization. Hopefully things work out for Sergei and Montreal. I like him, he's as talented as his brother.

Gainey makes Dr. Phil look like a fraud.

Kinda surprised Bob waited this long.

Really, though...when Bob Gainey is speaking to you man to man, how can you not listen? Even with all the crap that's gone down in the last year, he is still, well, Bob Gainey. Even Belarussan babies know that, apparently.

Wooo, easy guys.

Bob has a hidden hippie streak in him. He's very understanding, very "live and let live". I think that's one of the main reason he could get to Kovy like no one else ever could. However with the kids, can't say Bob has had too much success getting in their heads and turning have them become better professionals. Look at the track record first.

Wooo, easy guys.

Bob has a hidden hippie streak in him. He's very understanding, very "live and let live". I think that's one of the main reason he could get to Kovy like no one else ever could. However with the kids, can't say Bob has had too much success getting in their heads and turning have them become better professionals. Look at the track record first.

oh comeon kozed let us have a little fun. Bob has come through so it seems. after that ridiculous bob has got to go thread this is a bright ray of sunshine. :lol: :hlogo: :clap:

oh comeon kozed let us have a little fun. Bob has come through so it seems. after that ridiculous bob has got to go thread this is a bright ray of sunshine. :lol: :hlogo: :clap:

I just wished he'd had come through with Ribeiro, Grabovsky, Valentenko, Emelin, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Higgins and Co. as well...

I just wished he'd had come through with Ribeiro, Grabovsky, Valentenko, Emelin, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Higgins and Co. as well...

He did!

He cleared Ribs out of here, which he should have, Grabs and Komi and leading the Leafs to more failure, great place for them to be, The Russians aren't his fault, they were drafted before his tenure unless I am mistaken, and none want to be here. You discuss that with players before you draft them. Well, p-hog might want to but he doesn't have it... Higgins is not Gomez's equal.

I believe he did well with all your examples, in one way or another.

Just picture last season, with the parties and distractions and Ribs in the mix!

Man the way you guys keep brninging up Perezhogen and Valentenko you think he gave up on Bure and ORR.

Valentenko couldn't even beet out O'Byrne. He was AHL talent at best.

Perezhogen didn't listen to the coach, simple as that. Then he went home. He ddin't do anything but take dumb penalties.

Komisarek is totally overhyped and overpaid, do you really think he is a great loss?

Higgins wasa 3rd liner who habs fans think is a top line guy, not to mention his off ice problems.

Emelin is the only one i have heard of with NHL talent from other outlets other then people on this board.

He did!

He cleared Ribs out of here, which he should have, Grabs and Komi and leading the Leafs to more failure, great place for them to be, The Russians aren't his fault, they were drafted before his tenure unless I am mistaken, and none want to be here. You discuss that with players before you draft them. Well, p-hog might want to but he doesn't have it... Higgins is not Gomez's equal.

I believe he did well with all your examples, in one way or another.

Just picture last season, with the parties and distractions and Ribs in the mix!

After their famed practice squabble Koivu went on for another couple years of mediocrity, the team flatlined last year and Bob had to clearcut the room, and meanwhile Ribiero went on to be a star in Dallas ...

There is something about walking in the park........

By the way, is it true that Gomez and SK almost had a fight during a party?

Edited by rafikz