Sergei wants to be traded

rafikz

He did!

He cleared Ribs out of here, which he should have, Grabs and Komi and leading the Leafs to more failure, great place for them to be, The Russians aren't his fault, they were drafted before his tenure unless I am mistaken, and none want to be here. You discuss that with players before you draft them. Well, p-hog might want to but he doesn't have it... Higgins is not Gomez's equal.

I believe he did well with all your examples, in one way or another.

Just picture last season, with the parties and distractions and Ribs in the mix!

Man the way you guys keep brninging up Perezhogen and Valentenko you think he gave up on Bure and ORR.

Valentenko couldn't even beet out O'Byrne. He was AHL talent at best.

Perezhogen didn't listen to the coach, simple as that. Then he went home. He ddin't do anything but take dumb penalties.

Komisarek is totally overhyped and overpaid, do you really think he is a great loss?

Higgins wasa 3rd liner who habs fans think is a top line guy, not to mention his off ice problems.

Emelin is the only one i have heard of with NHL talent from other outlets other then people on this board.

You guys missed the point entirely.

Because Sergei K changed his mind, suddenly Bob is this great psychologist who has influence and power over younger, weaker minds just because, you know, he is Bob Gainey!

I just gave you about 10 examples of young players whose minds Gainey could never turn for the better.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Sergei K changed his mind, suddenly Bob is this great psychologist who has influence and power over younger, weaker minds just because, you know, he is Bob Gainey!

I just gave you about 10 examples of young players whose minds Gainey could never turn for the better.

maybe they weren't worth it. maybe he had no chance to. I agree with guys who say there wasn't much lost in the bunch you are talking about. Komi appears to have been overrated, not by me but by a lot of the fans who thought he was the next scott stevens. Not so. Valentenko lied and skulked his way back home Hoe do you prevent that? phog thought he was better than he was etc etc etc Now lets trade this little bastard before he flys the coop. also there is a reason nobody drafts russians high anymore, they tend to go home, out guys aren't the first and won't be the last. Solution don't draft these guys. they are only in it for the money except of course for Markov who is my favourite russian :lol:

Edited by habs rule

Well, it's not Bob's job to personally develop and mentor young players. How often does the GM chat with players, have serious talks with them a la Kovalev, etc.? I suspect it doesn't happen that often, because he's not the coach. Bob's job is not to have tetes-a-tetes with players, it's to create a general environment within which young players can flourish, something he hasn't done very well.

My point was more that a one-to-one sitdown with Bob Gainey cannot but be impressive to anything who knows anything about hockey, both because of who he is and because of the quiet thoughtfulness and experience he radiates. So the success of our developmental system is one thing, the impressiveness of Close Encounters with Bob another. That's all.

Meanwhile, the media consensus is that Bob probably assured Kostitsyn that a trade is in the works and that's why Sergei backed off. That's a drag, because I'd really like to see fences mended and Li'l Sergei develop as a player and a man within our organization.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Enough of this crap! he is not going to have the right attitude for this team. And if he isn't going to grow up anytime soon, let him go to the KHL. and while we are at it. lets trade AK as well. I cannot believe how badly our luck has been with young russian. For once can we trade for or pick up a gem like OV or MALKIN? I"ll even settle for SEMIN. :wacko:

These K brothers are starting to piss me off!! I penciled them in for a combined 50 goals, our version of the Sedin twins, just not as good. Go to the KHL Sergei if you want, good luck getting paid. That tool Glen Healy said in an interview yesterday he knows of a KHL player that has his cash in a money belt, while he's PLAYING. Come to think of it, I'd probably do the same. Bank of Crapistan, not sure I'd deposit anything in there.

Meanwhile, the media consensus is that Bob probably assured Kostitsyn that a trade is in the works and that's why Sergei backed off. That's a drag, because I'd really like to see fences mended and Li'l Sergei develop as a player and a man within our organization.

What annoys me is that Sergei K will have strong-armed our GM to get his way if he gets traded. So the only real option I see is to recall him, have him face the rest of the guys in the locker-room... and then play him 4 mins on the 4th line on his first game and give him a little more ice-time. At least it'll save appearances and make it look like Kosty is earning it.

Then you trade him.

What annoys me is that Sergei K will have strong-armed our GM to get his way if he gets traded. So the only real option I see is to recall him, have him face the rest of the guys in the locker-room... and then play him 4 mins on the 4th line on his first game and give him a little more ice-time. At least it'll save appearances and make it look like Kosty is earning it.

Then you trade him.

yeah pretty good plan but lets see what uncle bob has up his sleeve. it might work out ok.

my bet is that SK will be shipped out of town with the recently showcased Halak very soon.

hopefully + a roster forward or dman for a roster upgrade

these are 2 very talented young guys, and while sk has lowered his value by his stupidity I still want value in return especially for Halak. with him and price we have a very good goal depth situation.

I tend to avoid Eklund and his meaningless "rumours", but he does have a few pretty good bloggers a his site, including Eric Engels who covers the Habs. This is his latest piece:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-Engels...anahan/82/23814

Could make some sense. Top 6 of

Shanahan - Gomez - Gionta

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Frolov

(assuming AK and SK are traded for Frolov, as the current rumeure-du-jour suggests.) Could be that Gainey is close to having something worked out, and doesn't want it falling through because of a knucklehead leaving for Russia.

Or he just told Sergei he'd be called up soon, which wakes his brother up, and they all kiss and make up. Either way, fine by me.

I tend to avoid Eklund and his meaningless "rumours", but he does have a few pretty good bloggers a his site, including Eric Engels who covers the Habs. This is his latest piece:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-Engels...anahan/82/23814

Could make some sense. Top 6 of

Shanahan - Gomez - Gionta

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Frolov

(assuming AK and SK are traded for Frolov, as the current rumeure-du-jour suggests.) Could be that Gainey is close to having something worked out, and doesn't want it falling through because of a knucklehead leaving for Russia.

Or he just told Sergei he'd be called up soon, which wakes his brother up, and they all kiss and make up. Either way, fine by me.

It would be another save-your-own-ass move by Bob. It probably improves us short term - but what about beyond that? Frolov is a pending UFA who we do not have the cap space to re-sign unless Gainey shuffles things up again.

It's two young players - including one of our building blocks - for two rentals. The rentals are better players, but then again, maybe not. Frolov has been a healthy scratch this season and Shanahan was going to wind up in Jersey's bottom 6.

Right, but BG can get a conditional pick on Frolov. If he signs a later pick, if he doesn't maybe a 1st or 2nd.

Pleks won't be resigned, so resigning Frolov if he pans out won't cost as much as you think.

I actually like the idea, frolov is a big, RH RWer. He does play physical and goes to the net.

Any move involving AK, SK will be a 2 for 1 and a pick depending on ufa status.

Just realized we could call him A-Fro. :D

Right, but BG can get a conditional pick on Frolov. If he signs a later pick, if he doesn't maybe a 1st or 2nd.

Pleks won't be resigned, so resigning Frolov if he pans out won't cost as much as you think.

I actually like the idea, frolov is a big, RH RWer. He does play physical and goes to the net.

Would LA toss in a high pick? If it's a conditional 1st, then I'd probably take the deal.

But - we need to re-sign Plekanec. Who'll replace him, Maxwell?

Pleks would command 3.5-4 million, Frolov would probably command around 4 million and Halak will get a raise to about 2 million and Price will be in the 4-5 million dollar range. We can't possibly keep them all.

Mara, who has been great, will need to be let go. Then there's Hamrlik. But then who replaces those guys on D? And so on.

If we do not intend to re-sign Plekanec then we'll have to deal him for a Hanzal or a Lombardi.

If your asking me it may be Maxwell to replace him, remember Trotter is a centre, they signed 2 centers last year, a swede and someone else i think, they also drafted 3 centers i belive.

I don't really have a problem with Pleks, like you siad soemone will pay him 4 mill. The question still to me is splitting up Cammi, Gomez and Gionta, the team would be more effective splitting them up, IMO, so i would rather sign a scoring winger to play with Cammi then resign pleks.

Yea, Mara will be a tough loss, but no doubt he isn't resigned unless BG can move Hamrlik, maybe Gorges. I would rather have Mara simply because Markov will be back, MA Bergeron can be had for 1 mill i'm guessing. Leaving basically 1 spot open on D next year.

1 more question, i like to read the atricles on the front page but i don't speak french, is there a way to switch an article to english? I was wondering about the Atvsin article, wonderign if he states he wants to be a habs soon or just play in Russia?

But that's it - we don't have the space to sign any UFA.

We're currently over the cap - this trade would put us just slightly under.

Then if we let these UFA walk:

Laraque

Mara

Bergeron

Metropolit

We save (by my calculations) 4.935 million. Let's say 5M.

That goes to re-upping Frolov and the goalies. All of it and then some.

Then Plekanec walks. That 2.75M goes to re-upping UFA and the salaries of the AHLers who would replace the departers.

Weber, Maxwell, maybe Subban or Carle.

Our line up looks like this:

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Cammalleri-Maxwell-Frolov

Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen

Stewart-Chipchura-D'Agostini

Markov-Spacek

Hamrlik-Gill

Gorges-O'Byrne

Weber

Price

Halak

It sort of sucks... There is an alternative though. Moving Cammalleri to centre, forgetting about Maxwell and bringing Shanahan back on the wing (Shanahan-Cammalleri-Frolov).

Former Bulldogs coach Don Lever weighs in on the Kostitsyn situation:

"I like the way he plays," Lever said. "But he was probably babied too much early."

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/ccustance.tsn/210096/

Always good to read a perspective from someone who had to deal with him last season (when he was considering refusing to report).

Sorry but as a Kings fan ... Frolov is not a RW ( he's played LW his whole carrer ) ... he is big but he doesn't even come close to playing physical and rarely goes to the net ... why do you think he was scratched the other day ? The Kings have been trying for ever to get him to pay more like a power forward ... Frolov is a perimeter player that is one of the best in the league at protecting the puck.

Also I don't think Dean Lombardi will trade one enigma for two of them ... it wouldn't fit into the team he's trying to build ... especially if he has to add a high pick, even if it's conditional.