Sergei wants to be traded

rafikz

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why we shouldn't trade him. As for "mollycoddling," look, running a team isn't about punishing punks and rewarding sturdy moral fibre, it's about maximizing your assets. Dumping this sort of player in the past has not generally helped us (you telling me we couldn't use Grabovski and Ribeiro in our system?). Better to exhaust every opportunity for helping the player to mature and achieve his potential. I'm sick of losing assets for minimal return.

you really should have explained that to the senators, they really screwed up. (sometimes it is not the coach or gm's fault) Skost played himself off the team. He got his chance he blew it. How do you manage that? That doesn't mean we should just dump him but you can't keep him in the bigs, just cause he might pout. As to the other 2 idiots that you talk about, don't you want players who want to be a habs and are proud of it. Not any one of these three jerk offs showed that they wanted to remain a habs. And good riddance to them.

Biggest problem here is that his brother might leave if he does.

I suppose this is what happens when you rush 7th rounders into the NHL at 20 years old. Ben Maxwell isn't complaining about being demoted - because he was never given that opportunity to think he was a blue-chip prospect.

you really should have explained that to the senators, they really screwed up. (sometimes it is not the coach or gm's fault) Skost played himself off the team. He got his chance he blew it. How do you manage that? That doesn't mean we should just dump him but you can't keep him in the bigs, just cause he might pout. As to the other 2 idiots that you talk about, don't you want players who want to be a habs and are proud of it. Not any one of these three jerk offs showed that they wanted to remain a habs. And good riddance to them.

Uh? Ribs never missed a flight on purpose or demanded to be traded.

The best course of action is to suspend the guy and wait for him to realize he wont be getting his way, that if he's not good enough for the NHL then he sure isnt anywhere near good enough to ask to be traded. Show him who's boss. When he gets bored of staying home and is willing to play again, you have him back on the farm team... the Bulldogs' farm team, in the ECHL! See how he likes playing for Cincinnati.

Just when we thought the drama was done. Maybe he's pissed he didn't get to go to Scotland or the Dude Ranch?

Hope the new Habs will look at this and know what not to do, even though Sergei's young he's probably regarded as one of the old "bad attitude" Habs especially with the Grabs thing and the drug dealer scandal.

Uh? Ribs never missed a flight on purpose or demanded to be traded.

The best course of action is to suspend the guy and wait for him to realize he wont be getting his way, that if he's not good enough for the NHL then he sure isnt anywhere near good enough to ask to be traded. Show him who's boss. When he gets bored of staying home and is willing to play again, you have him back on the farm team... the Bulldogs' farm team, in the ECHL! See how he likes playing for Cincinnati.

I never said ribs did but he was a distraction to the team and bad in the dressing room, he dissed his teammates etc. Ribs was a jerk off. Could he have been salvaged? I doubt it. Trading him was the best move for his career and it straightened him out. He learned there are consequences. Maybe the latest jerk off will figure that out but I doubt it. You are right suspending him was the only choice. As to showing him who is boss well we want a guy who wants to play on the team AND put in the effort to accomplish it, he has not done that so it is a matter of you go down untill we think you have learned what we are trying to teach you.

Sad. Like he's proven ANYTHING at the NHL level. Yet he feels entitled to an NHL spot. A joke.

Having said that, I'm really getting tired of Montreal dumping highly-talented but immature young players. Grabovski has already shown signs of maturing into quite an effective 2nd line C. Ribeiro is now an NHL All-Star. Even Hainsey has put together a decent NHL career for himself as a useful offensive defenceman (not that we really need him). I have no desire to add Sergei to this list - especially when you consider that it will probably indirectly cost us his brother, another young guy who needs to grow up. Dumping every immature young player is just another form of bad asset management, analogous to Bob's destructive policy of waiting til the last minute to negotiate with impending UFAs.

Grabovski was traded for a prospect and a pick= a reasonable return

The Riberio trade turned out badly-- in hindsight it is obvious, but at the time a lot of us thought that Nimamma would be useful

Hainsey was lost on waivers when the habs tried to demote him

I fail to see how this adds up to dumping highly talented but immature players but even if it does look at TO with Wellwood or EDM with Scremp... it happens.

As for the waiting to neg with free agents I dont see this as an inherently bad policy... as we see this last season it was done so that Bob would be able to make a post-season determination of the strengths and weaknesses of the hockey club. Komisarek walked Big Fíng Deal if he wanted to be here he would be.

Lets see how the experiment turnsout before starting this "bad asset management" stuff again--especially because if Sergei is traded it will be entirely of his own doing.

And IMHO, Bob should not be in any hurry to grant his trade request-- he hasnt earned any kind of consideration from the team and it would be bad asset management to dump him for next to nothing

Edited by PMAC

Mike Boone echoes the Chicoutimi Cucumber's take:

Do you get the unsettling feeling that l'Affair Sergei is déja vu all over again?

It happened with Chris Chelios.

It happened with Mike Riobeiro.

It happened with José Theodore ... which explains why the team ignored other needs and drafted Carey Price.

Under the weight of 24 Stanley Cups and the unsmiling gaze of those Hall of Famers ringing the wall of the Canadiens' room, players are expected to display the dedication and will to win of Henri Richard and Bob Gainey.

Anyone who marches to a different beat is drummed out of town.

But Hello!

It's the 21st century. Aurèle Joliat's cap has been replaced by iPod headphones.

This is not a defence of SK74, an immature schmuck whose attitude is an insult to Brian Gionta.

But the kid has talent.

And someone will figure out which buttons – other than Eject – to push.

It happened with José Theodore ... which explains why the team ignored other needs and drafted Carey Price.

:rolleyes:

Mike Boone has been so grumpy since Carbo was fired.

That's a shame though. Sharp would be a great fit on the new team. I really wanna see Andrei K succeed here and I really believe he can, but if we can flip the brothers K for Sharp and a pick or prospect, it may be worthing considering...

Is anyone looking? cuz I would trade blind on that one. Don't think for a sec that I bash the (good) brothers, I would do that trade eyes shut and I believe that they both would, can and (likly) be good if not great players one day (to some they, one of them already is, are).

how do you like my 2 cents on the fence?

interview with sk74 http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,193677

does not know why he was demoted, sez he was told there was a spot on the team for him. Guess he thought he did not have to make the team they were awarding him a spot. hmph he needs to go watch some game film of himself maybe he can figure it out. Maybe someone could explain to him what we mean when we say the forward defence distance is too great. Gretzky could hang out at the blue line or centre ice SK can't period.