Sergei wants to be traded

rafikz

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy to hear this. Hopefully he matures a little and they can agree on something. The last two spoiled brats we lost are prettty freakin good now. Grabovsky and Ribiero.

+1

I am very happy to hear this. Hopefully he matures a little and they can agree on something. The last two spoiled brats we lost are prettty freakin good now. Grabovsky and Ribiero.

I agree with your post regarding lil kosTITS but I would not have ribs or grabs on this team. They ain't that good, remember the grass is always greener on the other side.

He may still want to be traded, but he's now had a small change of heart and will report to Hamilton - for how long though is anyone's guess.

As I said before, sometime without a salary and limited options will cause most people to give their heads a serious shake. I hope it works out for the kid and for the Habs.

The word is is that Sergei agreed to go to the AHL and the Habs promised to deal him to another team.

In other words: prove you have value to other teams so we CAN trade you.

I hope he doesn't end up being traded.

aside from his attitude,

he's better than D'Agostini, Max Pax, Guillaume and displays more intensity than his brother.

better how?

He can't play defense, hit or follow a system; and having a pulse is all it takes to display more intensity than Andrei Kostitsyn.

I hope he doesn't end up being traded.

aside from his attitude,

he's better than D'Agostini, Max Pax, Guillaume and displays more intensity than his brother.

Agreed!

He can't play defense, hit or follow a system;

Not true, he does hit! Not every shift, but when the opportunity did come up last season, he did use his body! Playing defense!? Are you serious? The kid has less than 100 games NHL experience, give him time to get used to a defensive system. Let's not forget that he was part of one of the most devastating offensive lines in the OHL a few years ago! Give him time to adapt!

I don't want to see another young promising player leave the organization for another team just because of attitude or contract problems(Grabovski, Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Valetenko, Yemelin???)

Let's work these problems out...see if we can't get through it...and in a year or two, if we still can,t figure something out, then we can trade him!

Edited by Habsfan

Agreed!

Not true, he does hit! Not every shift, but when the opportunity did come up last season, he did use his body! Playing defense!? Are you serious? The kid has less than 100 games NHL experience, give him time to get used to a defensive system. Let's not forget that he was part of one of the most devastating offensive lines in the OHL a few years ago! Give him time to adapt!

I don't want to see another young promising player leave the organization for another team just because of attitude or contract problems(Grabovski, Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Valetenko, Yemelin???)

Let's work these problems out...see if we can't get through it...and in a year or two, if we still can,t figure something out, then we can trade him!

In a year or two if things doesnt work out he will be a KHL player and we wont be able to trade him for some water to make new ice.

In a year or two if things doesnt work out he will be a KHL player and we wont be able to trade him for some water to make new ice.

Why not? Who's to say that he doesn't return to the Habs in November...he starts lighting it up, and finishes the season with 45 points in 60 games played. We sign him to a contract extension and he plays for the Habs for the next 5 years!?!?! :clap::rolleyes::lol::blink::unsure:;)

Why not? Who's to say that he doesn't return to the Habs in November...he starts lighting it up, and finishes the season with 45 points in 60 games played. We sign him to a contract extension and he plays for the Habs for the next 5 years!?!?! :clap::rolleyes::lol::blink::unsure:;)

Id be happy. Loved the guy 2 years ago. Who knows what Gainey told him though... or his agent. Wonder how Andrei feels about it.

According to sportsnet, the Habs have agreed to try and trade him as part of his return to the Bulldogs...

We will get raped in that scenario. I hope it is only so Gainey can go show him how little he is worth on the market. If we actually trade him we will be lucky to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

Who knows what Gainey told him though... or his agent.

Don Meehan (his agent) told him to report to Hamilton...so looks like he finally took his agent's advice!

Open up those Frolov for AK and SK rumors.

The money balnces out i beleive, 4 mill of cap spce on each end.

If they traded the brothers together they caouls get a decent return.

Open up those Frolov for AK and SK rumors.

The money balnces out i beleive, 4 mill of cap spce on each end.

If they traded the brothers together they caouls get a decent return.

That would be like trading two quarters for a looney!! I doubt L.A. would go for that deal!

Hey, according to Sergei, Bob told him he had a spot on the team this summer. So why would Sergei trust Bob now that he will indeed trade him if he reports to Hamilton?

Short story: Bob told Sergei there was a spot available for him to take, Sergei interpreted that as he had made the team. Bob told Sergei that no one will take him unless he's playing hockey in the AHL at the very least, so Sergei thinks if he reports Bob will trade him.

Don't believe that Sportsnet take on it at all. Sergei's a confused man. Bob will do with Sergei as he wants... he isn't getting a gun held to his head about this by some wimpy 22 year old from Belarus.

Motives for Bob to trade Sergei?

Money - No, Sergei makes $65k in the AHL. It's peanuts.

Distraction - Maybe, but at least he's with the Bulldogs, and not around the NHL team to cause any problems.

Value - No, Sergei's not worth much in the eyes of other teams. We cut him in training camp, what does that say to other teams? It's not like there's 1st line value sitting in the minors. Not to mention he has a bad rep now after this stunt.

Threat - Sergei asks for a trade, so he should get it? Bob's not going to be pushed around. He'll trade him if the right deal comes along, but if Bob believes Sergei is a decent player, he won't give him away.

Basically, Sergei might be moved, but it'll be on Bob's terms. Meehan knows it too. I think it's more likely that they let him rot in the AHL for a couple of months before asking him if he's willing to accept a promotion and shutup. Which he'll accept. And hopefully shutup.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure. BG has some options. (Gomez's contract was moved, Kovalev scored 5 mill) anything is possible.

Pleks won't be back next year, he can pair those 2 together for a winger and bring Maxwell up.

He can move the brothers together and get a winger or centre if he wants.

He can SK stay in Hamilton, work out his problems and see if he can turn it around.

If he pulled it together maybe he can help the big club, but the bottom line is people are stressing over a minor league player.

Pretty good read on Sergei's 1st day in Hamilton - http://www.thespec.com/article/648927

I especially enjoyed the part where he says the Habs have agreed to trade him, only to have denials/no comments from management. This story isn't going away any time soon...

for crying out loud i did not realize this selfish little jerk had pulled this shet before. He says he can play in the NHL and he can, if he removes his head from a$$ and plays hockey. He needs to be left in Hamilton for a while, untill he understands that playing in the NHL is a privilege not a right. And in order to get that privilege you have to work until you bleed. he doesn't even want to sweat. leave the jerk down there for the season.