Habs @ Oilers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seriously worried about this team. We have a good first line. A third line that can be okay. Our 2nd line is useless. Our 4th line is brutal. Yes, it hurts that we are missing Markov, but I don't think Markov is enough to turn this team from losers to winners.

Lats, AK, Dags, Chips, etc... I just don't see them lighting up the NHL anytime soon. For all the depth on the farm, why can't we get one of these guys to be a real top 6 guy? Is it bad drafting? Bad development? Too much booze in Montreal?

I sure hope they get it together, but I don't think we have the horses...

I am seriously worried about this team. We have a good first line. A third line that can be okay. Our 2nd line is useless. Our 4th line is brutal. Yes, it hurts that we are missing Markov, but I don't think Markov is enough to turn this team from losers to winners.

Lats, AK, Dags, Chips, etc... I just don't see them lighting up the NHL anytime soon. For all the depth on the farm, why can't we get one of these guys to be a real top 6 guy? Is it bad drafting? Bad development? Too much booze in Montreal?

I sure hope they get it together, but I don't think we have the horses...

I would have to agree with you.

Have to admit that i like last years squad alot better than this one. The Habs depth up front seems to be lacking. Last year i thought the Habs had 3 good line and this year not even 2.

Remember:

A.Kost/Pleks/Kovalev

Tanguay/Koivu/Higgins

Lats/Lang/S.Kostitsyn

Begin/Lapierre/Laraque

Looks alot better than what the Habs have now.

I would have to agree with you.

Have to admit that i like last years squad alot better than this one. The Habs depth up front seems to be lacking. Last year i thought the Habs had 3 good line and this year not even 2.

Remember:

A.Kost/Pleks/Kovalev

Tanguay/Koivu/Higgins

Lats/Lang/S.Kostitsyn

Begin/Lapierre/Laraque

Looks alot better than what the Habs have now.

The biggest problem is we need some of the kids to step up and really be good. You can't buy a full team anymore, you have to have some cheap young guys lighting up the league...

Nice play by Gomez and Gionta...

If only Pleks and AK were any kind of threat...

Man.. if not for Bulin, our first line would have 5 goals tonight... I can't fault that line tonight.. they have been great again.

Wow, this game thread is really quiet...

1st period

Habs were in control, they outplayed the Oilers.. an unfortunate goal put the Oil up 1-0 when the CH deserved to have the lead

2nd period

Our guys looked slow, confused, awkward and nervous. So did the Oilers! They were just able to capitalize...

That sudden burst in the last few minutes was impressive. Gionta ripped a good one, and the play in their zone nearly led to a second goal. If nothing else, this shows that our offense has talent and skill, they just need a bit of a spark and some momentum.

3-1 after 2 is not insurmountable... here's hoping we come home with .600! :clap:

:hlogo: :hlogo:

Boy, did I ever sink into gloom during that period. I can't, I just can't take another season of this kind of garbage from the :hlogo: . It's been 16 years since we've gotten out of the second round of the playoffs. 16 years!!! Of non-stop mediocrity. And watching that period I felt the old sensation --- it's all happening again...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Gionta made a truly great play to force a turnover and score, though, and that gives some hope. But Lordy, I'm so tired of this.

You're right, we have one great first line and one good second line and after that, F*CK ALL. I hate to say it, but we miss Higgins. He at least gave us a guy who could play credibly in the top-6. It's the same old story - the organizational inability to draft or develop (one or the other, or both) has been the secret weakness all along and is no longer possible to cover up. There's nothing in Hamilton except Bergeron that will help us any time soon. If ever. (I can't wait to see what will go wrong with PK Subban: injury? Crushed confidence? Alcoholism? A meteor from outer space clobbering him as he walks down the street?)

Blech. :puke:

Boy, did I ever sink into gloom during that period. I can't, I just can't take another season of this kind of garbage from the :hlogo: . It's been 16 years since we've gotten out of the second round of the playoffs. 16 years!!! Of non-stop mediocrity. And watching that period I felt the old sensation --- it's all happening again...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Gionta made a truly great play to force a turnover and score, though, and that gives some hope. But Lordy, I'm so tired of this.

You're right, we have one great first line and one good second line and after that, F*CK ALL. I hate to say it, but we miss Higgins. He at least gave us a guy who could play credibly in the top-6. It's the same old story - the organizational inability to draft or develop (one or the other, or both) has been the secret weakness all along and is no longer possible to cover up. There's nothing in Hamilton except Bergeron that will help us any time soon. If ever. (I can't wait to see what will go wrong with PK Subban: injury? Crushed confidence? Alcoholism? A meteor from outer space clobbering him as he walks down the street?)

Blech. :puke:

We have a good 2nd line? News to me...

Edited by brobin

Now that was a goal...

Now can we tie it.. you have to think the Oilers are going to panic a bit.. this keeps happening to them...

Ugh.. stop playing BGL.. for F&&&K sakes.. keep the top 3 lines out there for the last 2 minutes.

Well we didn't get the points but I think there are positives ot take away from this. Oilers were able to capitalize on their chances, but the vast, vast majority of chances belonged to a Habs. If we were a bit luckier, this could have been a very different game. After falling behind, the Habs reacted well and played like they wanted that come back. Definite good sign there. We pretty much controlled the entire game. Hats off to Khabibulin.

At least the effort was there.

Some players need to step up...

.400 after the first 5 games is not the end of the world, considering the team is new, the chemistry hasn't installed yet, etc.

That being said... i expect a win at home next game.

:hlogo:

Why do EVERY team we face pressure our D and cause turn overs, yet we seem unable to do it, it doesn't even come down to coaching...just see what the other team is doing and copy it!

So frustrated with the regression of the team so far. I'd go so far as to suggest benching A.Kost, he doesn't do anything out there, he turns away from hits instead of trying to speed past them.

I agree with the post(s) above about our 4th line is so terrible, we miss the Metro.

The cycle is killing us, we cycle like three times then cough up the puck, I'd rather them play a parimeter game and actually get some point shots rather than this cycle shit we usually doesn't yeild anything unless it's the #1 line.

What the.............is Martin thinkin.

BGL on the ice late and Hal Gill on the point in the last minute. WTF.

Good effort by the Habs late, but couldn't get the tying goal.

I really have to agree with that , for a minute there it looked like Guy had left his playbook on the bench, ok that is for all the carbo haters. Price should have had the 1st one but it was a tough save. Just, an elite goalie would have had it. I think. The other 2 nahhh not a thing he could do. the goalposts good for him start talking to them that worked for some other guy. We out chanced them but we just could not bury it. we need more crash the net goal mouth scramble like the end of the game. Lats has really got to stick his big fat a$$ in the fing crease and cause trouble. If BGL would do the same it would help get somebody else to go behind the net , gretzky weren't big , put the big guys in front of the net and push the defencemen , they do it to us. dammit. Laps also has to get in there and battle he was not that visible tonite. Mara has a lot of heart but dumb penalty. let BGL do that stuff we need him on the ice. Sorry just a lot of thoughts as I watched the game may not be that coherent. too much screaming and drinking. :lol: :hlogo: