Good report on Sergei K

KoZed

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...ur-sergei-k.php

Hamilton's coach Guy Boucher sounds very happy about the way Sergei K has behaved since he showed up in Hamilton. In short, he's listening to the coaches, asks questions, shows willingness to learn and do what's necessary to be called back up.

I think the best part of the article is how Boucher describes the coaches' work with the kid. They all got together with him, got him to talk, put a plan down on paper of what he needed to achieve to be called back up, they stay with him after the practices to work on stuff. They also got some clips of Malkin and Datsyuk, sat down with Sergei and looked it over, showing him why those Russians were so good, etc.

I can't say just how much that is a new approach for the coaching staff in the farm because we never heard from any of this before, but it sounds very positive. Gonna have to wait for some results, but it's exactly the type of things you expect from staff whose job is to build up prospects.

Good to hear that Sergei is behaving himself, and that they're trying to make the best out of an unfortunate situation. We can't afford to burn any more prospects at this point, and I haven't given up on Sergei.

I, for one will be very happy to see SK back up with the big club. He's much better than the likes of Diago, Stewart, and CHips.

I know, but ideally Sergei K should get called up because he played himself on the team; not because the guys in Montreal played themselves off the team. Fine line, but big difference.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...ur-sergei-k.php

Hamilton's coach Guy Boucher sounds very happy about the way Sergei K has behaved since he showed up in Hamilton. In short, he's listening to the coaches, asks questions, shows willingness to learn and do what's necessary to be called back up.

I think the best part of the article is how Boucher describes the coaches' work with the kid. They all got together with him, got him to talk, put a plan down on paper of what he needed to achieve to be called back up, they stay with him after the practices to work on stuff. They also got some clips of Malkin and Datsyuk, sat down with Sergei and looked it over, showing him why those Russians were so good, etc.

I can't say just how much that is a new approach for the coaching staff in the farm because we never heard from any of this before, but it sounds very positive. Gonna have to wait for some results, but it's exactly the type of things you expect from staff whose job is to build up prospects.

+100. This sounds great. Don't just dump the kid. Treat him like a kid who needs guidance, mentoring, coaching. Teach him to be a man. How can we lose?

The sad thought is that this sort of thing WASN'T being done before. That would explain a lot of our wasted prospects.

• 2 weeks later...
+100. This sounds great. Don't just dump the kid. Treat him like a kid who needs guidance, mentoring, coaching. Teach him to be a man. How can we lose?

Well it looks like the kid dumped us instead. Fraking suspended again...probably going overseas per TSN.