Dump Meter

KoZed

Dump Meter  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want to see Chipchura gone?

• 1. I want him gone YESTERDAY!!!
    • 2. NOW!
    • 3. As soon as Metropolit is back
    • 4. Until the deadline
    • 5. Wait the season out
    • 6. Give him a couple more years
    • 7. NEVER!

I voted yesterday. The fourth line is so much better With Metropolit. Chips is too slow and easily pushed off the puck. I don't think he's ready for the NHL and it doesn't seem like he ever will be. BGL is slow also but it takes a dump truck to move him when he has the puck down low, I've been pleasantly surprised by his play so far.

What's up with metro anyway? Has he began to practice yet?

I'd like to see him on the wing with Metro and Laraque. His numbers aren't the best, but I think he's been getting better this year.

I don't understand what happened to this guy. Three years ago he was going to the net, getting in traffic, creating chances and skating hard on the back check. Now he doesn't do any of it.

He is either an out and out bust or he needs a change of scenery.

As soon as Metro is back.

He was hurt all of training camp recovering from surgery. That probably explains why he isnt playing like he was . I think we need to keep him and give him a chance to recover.

Can he be sent down to Ham without clearing waivers?

I think he needs a full season before kicking him out. However, Metropolit has been great for us and I would take him out of the lineup in favor of Glen. Trying Chips on the wing on that line is definitely worth a shot.

I don't understand what happened to this guy. Three years ago he was going to the net, getting in traffic, creating chances and skating hard on the back check. Now he doesn't do any of it.

It seems like he was never the same after he blew out his achilles tendon.

It seems like he was never the same after he blew out his achilles tendon.

It's unfortunate, but I agree with this. Sucks that an injury could be the downfall of a promising prospect. Of course, I remember when drafted, Chips was pegged as a 3rd line centre that had captain potential, but I don't see any of that as of yet. He'll most likely lose his spot when Metro is healthy.

The guy is garbage and looks like he will never be more than a career AHLer/marginal NHLer. Dump him as soon as you have a viable option. (In fact, I'd rather have Ben Maxwell up here learning the ropes - at least Maxwell might have a future).

It's more bad luck. But it's also yet another example of our much-ballihooed 'system' turning out to be a pile of crap.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I think that the best think for us and him is for him to be traded for maybe a draft pick and bring up pyatt for the time being until Metropolit comes back. I don't think that Chipchura is a bad hockey player, he does still have the potential to become a thirsd liner i just really don't think a plce like Montreal is good for hime. I see him more in the western conference in a city where the funnest think to do is to go to McDonalds.

Let Metropolit take over and let Chipchura practice with the team to get his rhythm back or something. Sure, he had surgery in the off-season but he clearly too green right now. He's improving slightly each game but not fast enough...

Edited by Tony

I voted end of the year, would like to see Chips succeed as he seems like a nice kid, but it's looking like he was a player meant for the old, and not the "new NHL". On top of that his confidence seems shot, I don't find him not nearly aggressive enough for a guy who was touted as "future captain material", "character player" AND is on his last chance to make a good impression on top of that.

I have to admit, I'm disappointed with his progression. However, this is his year to prove he can and will live up to potential. I'm willing to give him that., however, not at the cost of this team. So when are assets are healthy if he is not playing up to snuff; he should sit or be sent down, that's the bottom line.

He is a team player and of all people he should understand this point of view! GO HABS GO!

I don't know, maybe I'm being uncharitable...but the guy is 24, has been in the system for a while, and never come close to making the club. The best he can do when given a one-way contract is -6 in 5 games with 2, count 'em 2, shots on goal. Worse than the numbers, though, is that he really seems to bring nothing to the table: no speed, no obviously superior reading of the play, no particular physicality, no playmaking. Now maybe he's recovering from injury and should be given, oh, another 20 games to start showing us something. But of all the highly-touted mediocre prospects we've pumped through our system over the past few seasons Chipchura might be the one who impresses me the least. He's got nothing.

I'm on the 'he just came back from surgery' bandwagon. I'd like to give him the rest of the season to see how it all plays out - no doubt of any leftover rust from missing most of training camp and perhaps see him adjust better to the Martin system along with the rest of his team. We've given him long enough to develop at this point so this'll be the last contract unless he displays something at least remotely tangible.

The poll results are very interesting. Most people are in the middle, going between getting rid of him once Metro comes back or giving him a full season.

His pre-season injury might have made him rusty when the season started, but so it did to Hamrlik and all Hammer needed to shake the rust off was 2 games, and he's a defenseman playing over 20 mins a game. So I dont think that is a valid excuse anymore.

It's hard to figure out what went wrong with Chips. Aside from the physical weaknesses (lack of speed, lack of strength) it's his mental state that's puzzling. He was supposed to be a blood & guts, gritty, character player. Yet he's barely noticeable out there, he doesnt play with any emotion. Doesnt look at all like a player worried about keeping his NHL spot. Seems like he's thinking if it doesnt do here, his reputation will get him a chance elsewhere.

He was hurt all of training camp recovering from surgery. That probably explains why he isnt playing like he was . I think we need to keep him and give him a chance to recover.

Can he be sent down to Ham without clearing waivers?

Can't believe that I blew my 1000th post on a meaningles debate about a 4th liner :puke:

I was hoping to save it for a playoff victory. oh, well at least we won last night so I' m happy.

BTW Kozed, it might be that KC cares so much he is freezing up or his confidence is low after the surgery. Many athletes become tentative when their confidence goes down and so they look like they are not trying hard, and dont care, but inside they are dying

Edited by PMAC

BTW Kozed, it might be that KC cares so much he is freezing up or his confidence is low after the surgery. Many athletes become tentative when their confidence goes down and so they look like they are not trying hard, and dont care, but inside they are dying

I can buy that most of the young players on our team are scared to make mistakes. Even Lats and Laps are squeezing their sticks too tight. However, it doesnt excuse or explain not playing with fire the way Chips is. He's a 4th liner on the bubble for crissake, he should be hitting everything that moves.

Dying inside dont help anyone except undertakers.

Chips and Lats highly praised and poorly scrutinized... how is it these guys made the Junior National teams is beyond me.... I do now understand why Lats was benched back then!

PUt patience my friends patience these kids cannot develop in the atmosphere that is now beginning to shed light... the low confidence and tight gripping pressure done by the new coaching staff was a necesity... now little by little it will ease out!.

Praise to J martin for trying out Lapierre on the second line on the RW ... potential for AK to go back on the left wing and also potential for a Lats_Plek_LAps line

Lets all pray Plek keeps it up and stays healthy. he is so important for the development of line makeups and strategies, that it isnt even funny!

Lineup headaches unfolded:

Cam-Gomer-Giony

Kost-Plek-Laps

3rd and 4th line centers: Metro© Chips© Maybe Paci?(LW/C) MAybe D'agost?(RW/C)

Only Laraque left as a Natural RW all the rest are natural LW which makes D'agost not a C candidate

which leaves me to this setup

LAts-Metro-D'agost

Moen-Pacio-Laraque

CHips bye bye??? otherwise it was Pacioretty

His pre-season injury might have made him rusty when the season started, but so it did to Hamrlik and all Hammer needed to shake the rust off was 2 games, and he's a defenseman playing over 20 mins a game. So I dont think that is a valid excuse anymore.

On the other hand, Hammer has the experience of many years in the NHL, where Chipper has been injured and has endured a slow development as a result. Hammer doesn't have to be at 100% to look good, because his experience is a difference-maker. Chipper hasn't learned to cut out the rookie mistakes yet, in essence because he's still a rookie.

Just saying.

Also, we don't know to what degree Chipper's injury is still affecting him. I know more than a few players who have taken more than a dozen games to look good after one of those. Not making excuses, just pointing that out. It may well be his NHL career is cooked, but there can be no doubt he's suffered far more poor luck than many others.

IMO, he is looking better as the year progresses. It's not a perfect progression, but on balance, he's trending upward. No way is he acceptable yet, for sure, but at least his trend is good. Because of that, I'd be inclined to give him a few more looks.