Dump Meter

KoZed

Dump Meter  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want to see Chipchura gone?

• 1. I want him gone YESTERDAY!!!
    • 2. NOW!
    • 3. As soon as Metropolit is back
    • 4. Until the deadline
    • 5. Wait the season out
    • 6. Give him a couple more years
    • 7. NEVER!

there were stretches when i thought he looked real good vs. Atlanta

there were stretches when i thought he looked real good vs. Atlanta

Me too: when he was on the bench. 

Joking aside, the 4th line got much less ice-time vs ATL, which might have helped Chips not look bad as much. :P

I dont really know what to think of him. I'm scared of losing him and see him become another Craig Conroy; but I also dont want to keep watching him turn Jason Ward on us.

Chips has been making me look bad for my previously contemptuous dismissal of him. I still think the whole fourth line is benefiting from the last change at home ice (the real test will come on the road), but credit where due - he's looked legit the last couple of games. Here's hoping he can keep it up. :clap:

Chips has been making me look bad for my previously contemptuous dismissal of him. I still think the whole fourth line is benefiting from the last change at home ice (the real test will come on the road), but credit where due - he's looked legit the last couple of games. Here's hoping he can keep it up. :clap:

his face off stats are sad, lets bring carbo back to teach him how to win a face off. :lol:

See: Coaching and Developing Skills; Martin, Jacques.

Also: Failed Development: If Only They'd Had a Real Coach; Higgins, Christopher, Komisarek, Michael.

Also: Failed Development: If Only They'd Had a Real Coach; Higgins, Christopher, Komisarek, Michael.

he is gone guys why do you have to keep kicking Guy he is a good guy. the team has been changed and not by jm but by BBG

and ya know I would not be surprised if Guy Carboneau doesn't come back and bite us in the ass like a lot of former coaches have. ok and some players too BUT not chris higgins komi or koivu 2 assists?

Edited by habs rule

:rolleyes:

So that season when Komisarek was leading the league in hits and blocked shots wasnt Carbo's fault; but last season's scary cat Komisarek after Lucic hurt him was Carbo's fault. Got it.

Nice try Colin.

:rolleyes:

So that season when Komisarek was leading the league in hits and blocked shots wasnt Carbo's fault; but last season's scary cat Komisarek after Lucic hurt him was Carbo's fault. Got it.

Nice try Colin.

point KOZED

point KOZED

This is a competition? *smirk*

I wasn't thinking about *any* particular coach when I was saying they didn't have a coach. Didn't they go through a few? Including Gainey? My point is that the Habs now have a REAL coach.

And that's not a slag at Carbo either. I said from the beginning of his tenure that he looks like he's going to be a great coach. He has the skills. He just needs EXPERIENCE. He was a rookie coach in Montreal and therefore had a lot to learn. I mean, where was his head coaching experience at ANY level?

...and as for blocked shots and hits? That's all Komi knows how to do at this point! Get in the shooting lane, and head hunt looking for the game changer. He did those things exceedingly well. Someone needed to teach him how to pass and how to play within a system, though. Carbo failed in that respect. But so did all his coaches before that. In fact, I'd say that was LESS on Carbo than on the NO EXPERIENCE guys who preceeded them.

Er.... enjoy the competition, but I'm withdrawing.

No points can be awarded to a participant if the point made is not on topic with the thread's theme (i.e. Chipchura).

Chips had a solid game last night - he just needs adequate wingers and the opportunity to play a few games consecutively to get in a groove. Latendresse and D'Agostini are upgrades on Laraque, for sure. Our third line (Metro & Moen) was invisible last night, and our "4th" benefited, getting significant icetime late in the game.

No points can be awarded to a participant if the point made is not on topic with the thread's theme (i.e. Chipchura).

Chips had a solid game last night - he just needs adequate wingers and the opportunity to play a few games consecutively to get in a groove. Latendresse and D'Agostini are upgrades on Laraque, for sure. Our third line (Metro & Moen) was invisible last night, and our "4th" benefited, getting significant icetime late in the game.

But... but... I want my points!!!! They told me when I had 10,000 of them I could exchange them for a Colin doll. When you pull on the string it says things like "When I grow up I will marry Saku Koivu" or "Oooooooh Carbooooo is mean ugly coooach"! :P

Kidding aside, Chips' game last night was his best in the NHL in over 2 years, so I'll wait a bit to see if he is indeed getting into a groove and finally hitting his stride or not. You dont make up for everything with 1 game.

Brunet called the Metro and Chips lines 3a and 3b, which is probably true now that the Kid Line played better than the M&M line.

• 1 month later...

I'll reiterate what I said in the game thread.

Kyle played 5:11 in a game where we had half the Bulldog squad on the ice. I think his days are numbered, and I don't think he plays the style of game Martin wants. It seems blatantly obvious to me that, at this point in time, he's already been passed by White and Pyatt, and even Wyman and Desharnais had more ice time last night.

I think it's unfortunate, but his injuries and his (lack of) growth in the previous developmental system have seriously stunted his potential NHL career. I suspect strongly that Bob is trying to find a trade and when the Habs get healthy, my guess is that something will happen in this regard.

Unless he's dealing with an undisclosed injury, we're talking about a "defensive forward" who's played 17 games, is a -8, doesn't have a point to his name, and is either benched or barely played. 6'2, 204: good size for the game, but he just doesn't have it - and his skating has even improved from previous years.

Shame, but I think it's just about time to categorize him as "bust" at least within the Montreal organization. Change of scenery - at least - required, IMO.

Yeah, he's done with the Habs. He had a very strong season last year in the AHL, but his game doesn't translate to the NHL it seems. If some value can be fetched, it should be done when enough bodies are healthy that he isn't needed anymore.

I'll reiterate what I said in the game thread.

Kyle played 5:11 in a game where we had half the Bulldog squad on the ice. I think his days are numbered, and I don't think he plays the style of game Martin wants. It seems blatantly obvious to me that, at this point in time, he's already been passed by White and Pyatt, and even Wyman and Desharnais had more ice time last night.

I think it's unfortunate, but his injuries and his (lack of) growth in the previous developmental system have seriously stunted his potential NHL career. I suspect strongly that Bob is trying to find a trade and when the Habs get healthy, my guess is that something will happen in this regard.

Unless he's dealing with an undisclosed injury, we're talking about a "defensive forward" who's played 17 games, is a -8, doesn't have a point to his name, and is either benched or barely played. 6'2, 204: good size for the game, but he just doesn't have it - and his skating has even improved from previous years.

Shame, but I think it's just about time to categorize him as "bust" at least within the Montreal organization. Change of scenery - at least - required, IMO.

Good description of Chipchura. It's unfortunate, cause that's another young guy that we've drafted, and we haven't been able to groom him for the NHL!

3-4 years ago, everyone agreed that the Habs had the 2nd best crop of youngsters in its farmsystem. Today that is no longer the case!