Mayrah

Tchiptchura

Jorjess

Chpatchek

Tavawehs

Chtreit

Molson

Shrimp

Houde is actually pretty prissy about his players pronunciation. He go and asks the players themselves how to pronounce it, so you can bet he's right about them all.

Its not nice to make fun of special needs people.... :lol:

which is why I wont comment your post. :B)

Sweet zombie jesus, we needed an explosion like this...

I hope the boys won't be gripping their sticks as hard after this one.

To be fair, McGuire was going on and on about price earlier.
He was going on and on about many positive things. But he has to. Is he going to be Mr. Negative too much doing the colour commentary? That's out in the open show commentary. He praised Gainey during naming Mara as his game Monster. That was after the initial comment. McGuire usually saves his bacon. He's singing an entirely different tune right now than he was regarding T.O. and the Habs on July 1.

I believe he has a problem with Gainey and he has tunnel vision as a result. Hence, he's negative towards the team. His bias makes him blind to the the Habs potential.

I'll say this for Jacques Martin... he knows how to coach defense. This is the 5th game in a row where we've outshot the opposition, and held them to the low 20's in shot total. With this system, if we get goaltending like we have the last 2 games, we'll win more than we lose. (And I say this despite that embarrassing goal Halak gave up which cost him a well-deserved shutout.)

I'll say this for Jacques Martin... he knows how to coach defense. This is the 5th game in a row where we've outshot the opposition, and held them to the low 20's in shot total. With this system, if we get goaltending like we have the last 2 games, we'll win more than we lose. (And I say this despite that embarrassing goal Halak gave up which cost him a well-deserved shutout.)

yeah you gotta feel for Jaro but hey stuff happens . He played well and had 1 brain cramp not the end of the world.

I watched the entire game and this was without a doubt the best game of the year. Like I said earlier, the Islanders came into town and they were ready to get their asses beaten by the Habs...it was just a matter of did our boys want it enough. This wasn't a very big test for the Habs, but it's a win nonetheless.

Great game by everyone, especially Metropolit, Mara, Halak and Bergeron!

Saturday will be a much tougher test for our boys!!

Edited by Habsfan

Getting Metropolit back in the lineup was quite important. He is a much better player than I thought he was... quite a good stickhandler. Hopefully he stays on the 3rd line to provide some playmaking... Lapierre is not really a playmaker.

42 shots... Jeez. Keep firing like that and the rest will take care of itself.

The fact that they finally found the back of the net 5 times is great...but I have to say that I'm impressed with the fact that the Habs have not allowed more than 25 shots against in the last 5 games!! Very encouraging!

Not browsing the whole thread, but one important thing is :

1rst goal for Bergeron : this guy could literaly save our PP while Markov is away.

1rst goal for Max Pac : how much do we need our young guns to start producing ?

1rst goal for Lapierre : reunited with Plex and Andrei, would be good to see this combination score garbages like that as well as some beauties...

He was going on and on about many positive things. But he has to. Is he going to be Mr. Negative too much doing the colour commentary? That's out in the open show commentary. He praised Gainey during naming Mara as his game Monster. That was after the initial comment. McGuire usually saves his bacon. He's singing an entirely different tune right now than he was regarding T.O. and the Habs on July 1.

I believe he has a problem with Gainey and he has tunnel vision as a result. Hence, he's negative towards the team. His bias makes him blind to the the Habs potential.

Macguire doesn't like small players, period. His vision is old-school, big, strong, physical hockey players. That's why he said Mike Ribeiro would never amount to anything, that's why he has orgasms over Mike Komisarek (not to mention his ultimate orgasmic fantasy, Chris Pronger), and that's why he's down on the retooled Habs. I don't believe it's anything against Bob or the organization, he just has tunnel vision and he's relentlessly loudmouthed in spouting it.

Macguire doesn't like small players, period. His vision is old-school, big, strong, physical hockey players. That's why he said Mike Ribeiro would never amount to anything, that's why he has orgasms over Mike Komisarek (not to mention his ultimate orgasmic fantasy, Chris Pronger), and that's why he's down on the retooled Habs. I don't believe it's anything against Bob or the organization, he just has tunnel vision and he's relentlessly loudmouthed in spouting it.

McGuire's mouth spews hyperbole. He has an opinion about EVERYTHING, so when there is a move

of little signifigance, he takes a side and blows it out of proportion.

He also continues to push playing in the World Juniors like it is the way to solve all your developmental

problems even though tons of players have fizzled after great tournaments...Justin Pogge anyone?

I don't listen to him anymore, I watch the game in RDS and I don't understand French.

I am impressed how quickly this team has improved on the back end since the Leaf game, in that game

the Leafs took 91 shots at the net (shots, goals, + misses and blocks), the last 2-3 games they are giving up less than 50.

Still not going to get too high or too low until I see this team through the first quarter. I still have the scars of monster starts and Christmas collapses in my rearview mirror.

McGuire's mouth spews hyperbole. He has an opinion about EVERYTHING, so when there is a move

of little signifigance, he takes a side and blows it out of proportion.

He also continues to push playing in the World Juniors like it is the way to solve all your developmental

problems even though tons of players have fizzled after great tournaments...Justin Pogge anyone?

I don't listen to him anymore, I watch the game in RDS and I don't understand French.

I am impressed how quickly this team has improved on the back end since the Leaf game, in that game

the Leafs took 91 shots at the net (shots, goals, + misses and blocks), the last 2-3 games they are giving up less than 50.

Still not going to get too high or too low until I see this team through the first quarter. I still have the scars of monster starts and Christmas collapses in my rearview mirror.

That has happened too many times, and I'm very intrigued because it appears that the dynamics of the situation of this team would suggest the opposite is more likely to happen: that the team will start out with growing pains, but get better as the year progresses. The recent quick starts seem to have inflated the team's ego in the past, which could be partially responsible for mid season-collapses. Though I guess the Eastern winning squad of two years ago is an exception, but that's one year: the year before (Samsonov Experiment) and the year after (centennial) were quick starts but terrible endings.

It's better to peak at playoff time than to peak at game #20.

Getting Metropolit back in the lineup was quite important. He is a much better player than I thought he was... quite a good stickhandler. Hopefully he stays on the 3rd line to provide some playmaking... Lapierre is not really a playmaker.

I have to admit that i haven't been the biggest Metro fan since he was picked up, but tonite he played awesome. What more could we expect from him.

3-0 with Metro in the lineup. Wow!!!

1st win with Chips too. Nice.

Great game by the Habs tonite.

I know i will get roasted for this, but i'd much rather see SK in the lineup instead of Diago.

We played a good game but let's not got too crazy here. The Islanders have one win this season, they suck and Biron was not very good last night. Not to take anything away from the Habs who are playing better and tighter every game.

Poor Halak! One of the funniest blunders I have seen in a while.

Saturday we improve our record to .500 :clap:

Lapierre on the wings of Plekanec is not a bad idea at all.

He was low average at C both offensively and defensely.

He plays like we would like Latendresse to play.

Neverminds the hits in the offensive zone, the job is getting the puck to the net Skate it, pass it,

shoot blindly but get it to the goal.

It was a good effort, to be expected playing one of the worst teams in the league on back to back nights but they showed up and finished the job. In years past the lazy habs teams wouldn't show for these games.

Well with all the line shake ups they still only had 2 lines going, Metro and the big line. The big line i think is still snake bit, they hit 2 posts and came close numerous times. Pleks was fine on the PP, PK. The line didn't do much otherwise.

The 4th line was pathetic, Chipchura wasn't bad but Lats and D'agi are out to lunch. Lats had like 5 opportunitiers to lay a big hit and forecheck and he just did a fly by. He is working his way to the press box.

Defense and goaltending solid again. Not too many really bad turnovers.

Ak46 and bro have to be on there last legs, he was bad again, dumb penalty, invisible for the most part.

They'll get a much better test on saturday.

Lapierre on the wings of Plekanec is not a bad idea at all.

He was low average at C both offensively and defensely.

He plays like we would like Latendresse to play.

Neverminds the hits in the offensive zone, the job is getting the puck to the net Skate it, pass it,

shoot blindly but get it to the goal.

Very smart to try Lapierre on wing. I like Metro at centre. I always have. He had a great game last night, and I don't expect that every night, but this line up almost gives us a 3A 3B line up instead of a 3rd and a totally pathetic 4th line.

I almost hope that Sergei makes up with the team and comes back to the line up. As far as Chips goes, I'm sorry to disagree with some guys, but from what I have seen in the last 3 games, he is slowly imroving. Slowly. I think he is better than Stewart or Dagostini. At least the current version of Dagostini. I also think SK is better than Stewart or Diago.

Edited by BCHabnut

It was a good effort, to be expected playing one of the worst teams in the league on back to back nights but they showed up and finished the job. In years past the lazy habs teams wouldn't show for these games.

Well with all the line shake ups they still only had 2 lines going, Metro and the big line. The big line i think is still snake bit, they hit 2 posts and came close numerous times. Pleks was fine on the PP, PK. The line didn't do much otherwise.

The 4th line was pathetic, Chipchura wasn't bad but Lats and D'agi are out to lunch. Lats had like 5 opportunitiers to lay a big hit and forecheck and he just did a fly by. He is working his way to the press box.

Defense and goaltending solid again. Not too many really bad turnovers.

Ak46 and bro have to be on there last legs, he was bad again, dumb penalty, invisible for the most part.

They'll get a much better test on saturday.

It was the Islanders and when they won the night before I was happy because you might expect an energy letdown, that being said

they dominated the game, which you are supposed to do against the dregs of the league.

Yea, they really need a second offensive line going. I did like the Metro, Moen Pacioretty line.

I would put Laraque back in against the Rags, D'Agi or lats can sit, both are worthless currently. I'd consider putting Stewart back in as well, i bad game shouldn't banish him, just ask the other 4th liners, they have had numerous bad games.

I think this team will be better over time because they know that they only win with hard work. The previous editions thought they could win by skill and as the season heated up, they seemed surprised that they kept losing.

I don't see us as cup winners by any means, but if the team dedicates themselves to hard work and team defense, they will win more then they lose.