Dump Meter: Andrei Kostitsyn

KoZed

Dump Meter: Andrei Kostitsyn  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want to see Andrei Kostitsyn gone?

• I want him gone YESTERDAY!
    • NOW
    • In a very near future (months)
    • Wait the season out.
    • Keep him a couple more seasons
    • NEVER!

I think Kostitsyn could have an explosive season under the right circumstances. It's not unheard of for a player to have a freak year and he certainly has the talent. I don't believe he will ever consistently be an elite player, though; his career has in fact been a paragon of consistency: 20/20. Now, pair him with a Crosby, his numbers will likely be inflated, but that won't be because he suddenly gets awesome.

DON, I'm a bit leery of Desharnais myself, but before we anoint him the artificial beneficiary of amazing linemates, we should consider that Pacioretty originally broke out when paired with him and has always emphasized his excellence and their chemistry. I see the reason for doubts about DD, but given his age and track record I think we have to be careful about being too easily dismissive of his potential. We don't want to pull a Phoenix, letting a Brière go.

I am not one bit leery of DD, like i said, i love his play and think he will only get better, no matter who his linemates are ( i think somone else mentioned that they are leery?) i just see him as the best trade bait the Habs have, with his high production and low salary, and my theory for reshaping the Habs is to trade 1 of the top 2 small(ish) centres the Habs are using at present, for a bit bigger centre with proven 75+point production, like a Stastny for DD/Weber/Kostitsyn package; or a package of Plekanec and whatever.

But would be a July 1st trade deal, which is not going to happen, just my idea to increase size up the middle, until the centre (Galchenyuk) we draft this year gets up to speed, say in 2014-15?

So Kosty has spoken out against two coaches. So what happens if we sign him and Crawford (our next coach imo) has the same problems with him?

I have no issues with AK46 speaking out against Martin or Cunneyworth. I'm surprised it took so long for him to speak out against Martin and given Darche got 4 times the minutes that AK46 did last game, why wouldn't he speak out???? Who else on this team in the last 3 years has had his ass nailed to the bench faster then AK46???

He is easily the 3rd best healthy winger on the team. On any other team he is would be a 30-35 goal scorer. The goat will probably move him for a 2nd round or 3rd round pick and after he is fired, everyone will be complaining next year how we got ripped off when AK46 is scoring 30-35 goals somewhere else.

THe guy is a streaky scorer, if he gets a chance to play a regular shift, he WILL score 30-35 goals. I think Detroit would LOVE to have a guy like him and could see them trying get AK46. I also think LA and Nashville will go after him in the off season.

I have no issues with AK46 speaking out against Martin or Cunneyworth. I'm surprised it took so long for him to speak out against Martin and given Darche got 4 times the minutes that AK46 did last game, why wouldn't he speak out???? Who else on this team in the last 3 years has had his ass nailed to the bench faster then AK46???

He is easily the 3rd best healthy winger on the team. On any other team he is would be a 30-35 goal scorer. The goat will probably move him for a 2nd round or 3rd round pick and after he is fired, everyone will be complaining next year how we got ripped off when AK46 is scoring 30-35 goals somewhere else.

THe guy is a streaky scorer, if he gets a chance to play a regular shift, he WILL score 30-35 goals. I think Detroit would LOVE to have a guy like him and could see them trying get AK46. I also think LA and Nashville will go after him in the off season.

Like Cunnyworth said, Kostitsyn had 3 turnovers in 3 shifts and he should know better, so he sat him, it is not a secret Kostitsyn is prone to fumbling the puck and the coach told him why he was benched.

But i really think Andrai has trouble with the language and seemed confused as to why he was sat, when everyone knew the reason.

And same as Gomez got sat, and Cunnyworth explained that as well.

This is the friggin coaching the team needed in September, dont care what your salary is, or if vet or not, you produce or work hard and you play, if you float and joke around like Gomez, then you sit! Pretty simple and i love Ladacour giving it to the players that dont seem to listen, Subban seems to be keeping it more simple lately and having fewer turnovers and dumb penalties.

These 2 coachs will have little difficulty finding a new team to coach and just too bad they wont keep them on. Breath of fresh air to see some emotion behind the bench and accountability. And even when losing a game Cunnyworth does not look like a Chicken with his head cut off, panicking and tossing out a dog's breakfast of line combos like some other coach would!

This is Kostitsyn's fourth coach... Carbonneau, Gainey, Martin, Cunneyworth.... he has had the same inconsistency issues, the same defensive lapses, the same issues under all of them. At some point, it stops being the coaching staff's fault.

• Upvote 1

Like Cunnyworth said, Kostitsyn had 3 turnovers in 3 shifts and he should know better, so he sat him, it is not a secret Kostitsyn is prone to fumbling the puck and the coach told him why he was benched.

But i really think Andrai has trouble with the language and seemed confused as to why he was sat, when everyone knew the reason.

And same as Gomez got sat, and Cunnyworth explained that as well.

This is the friggin coaching the team needed in September, dont care what your salary is, or if vet or not, you produce or work hard and you play, if you float and joke around like Gomez, then you sit! Pretty simple and i love Ladacour giving it to the players that dont seem to listen, Subban seems to be keeping it more simple lately and having fewer turnovers and dumb penalties.

These 2 coachs will have little difficulty finding a new team to coach and just too bad they wont keep them on. Breath of fresh air to see some emotion behind the bench and accountability. And even when losing a game Cunnyworth does not look like a Chicken with his head cut off, panicking and tossing out a dog's breakfast of line combos like some other coach would!

How much sustainable success are you going to have playing Darche 20 minutes a game? I get that you have hold players accountable - and that should mean ALL players. That was one of the biggest issues I had with Martin. Cammy, Gill, Moen, Gomez and his favorites tended to get a free pass - regardless of how horrible they played.

Issue i have is that sending a message for a few shifts is one thing, but playing a guy like AK46 less then 10 min one game and then less then 5 min the following game is just ridiculous. He has played under the shortest leash on this team for his entire tenure here. At some point always being the first guy to get nailed to the bench or being paired with the worst guy on the team starts losing its effect.

This is Kostitsyn's fourth coach... Carbonneau, Gainey, Martin, Cunneyworth.... he has had the same inconsistency issues, the same defensive lapses, the same issues under all of them. At some point, it stops being the coaching staff's fault.

I think the issue under Carbo was a bit different given his age/experiene. Issue under Martin was that it seemed that he was always treated as he had two strikes against him with Martin through his entire tenure. Cammy makes a terrible giveway, is lazy, takes a stupid penalty (or even a more stupid suspsension), no issues. AK46 makes one giveaway - nail him to the bench. Gomez is invisible all year, or takes a stupid penalty, doesn't miss a shift and gets regular PP time. AK, takes a penalty, sit his ass down.

Whenever AK46 gets going, he gets paired with whoever is struggling. The guy is not Crosby or Ovechkin or Malkin or Stamkos. He is not going to score 50 goals - unless MAYBE he has Crosby or Malkin feeding him. But if he is treated like other 30 goal scorers, prone to errors, so slumps, he would at least hit 30 goals. IMO opinion, he is a much more consistent player (in his effort/compete level) then guys like Ryder, Evander Kane (at this point in Kane's career), McArther, Bourque, Pominville, Heatley or Mouslon. Big difference is that those guys don't get nailed to the bench after a mistake and still get to play with good players.

How much sustainable success are you going to have playing Darche 20 minutes a game? I get that you have hold players accountable - and that should mean ALL players. That was one of the biggest issues I had with Martin. Cammy, Gill, Moen, Gomez and his favorites tended to get a free pass - regardless of how horrible they played.

Issue i have is that sending a message for a few shifts is one thing, but playing a guy like AK46 less then 10 min one game and then less then 5 min the following game is just ridiculous. He has played under the shortest leash on this team for his entire tenure here. At some point always being the first guy to get nailed to the bench or being paired with the worst guy on the team starts losing its effect.

Cant lump Martin/Carbo treatment of 46 with Cunnyworth's, the first 2 would likely never tell 46 why he was demoted ot sat.

46 has got a raw deal it seems and as i have said numerous times, if they resign him i would be a happy camper and it is always funny when he runs guys over who just dont expect it and he is one who has zero fear of anyone and has bounced of Chara over and over and still will try and finish his check on him (opposite of a chiken-s**t like Cammalleri).

But, playing Darche may not be a winning formula, but ol Darchee works his a*s off every game and does exactly what the coach's ask of him and i think he has played very solid lately 9even though he couldnt score on my grandmother). So again i say, he is not playing favorites as Carbo/Martin did and is just playing guys who earn the shifts and arnt making the same mistakes over and over, or not making an honest effort.

All i see is good coaching and maybe it is lost on Andrai? But at least if Andrai wants to talk to coach you know he wont get the Martin brush off.

I think the issue under Carbo was a bit different given his age/experiene.  Issue under Martin was that it seemed that he was always treated as he had two strikes against him with Martin through his entire tenure.  Cammy makes a terrible giveway, is lazy, takes a stupid penalty (or even a more stupid suspsension), no issues.  AK46 makes one giveaway - nail him to the bench.  Gomez is invisible all year, or takes a stupid penalty, doesn't miss a shift and gets regular PP time.  AK, takes a penalty, sit his ass down.

Whenever AK46 gets going, he gets paired with whoever is struggling.  The guy is not Crosby or Ovechkin or Malkin or Stamkos.  He is not going to score 50 goals - unless MAYBE he has Crosby or Malkin feeding him.  But if he is treated like other 30 goal scorers, prone to errors, so slumps, he would at least hit 30 goals.  IMO opinion, he is a much more consistent player (in his effort/compete level) then guys like Ryder, Evander Kane (at this point in Kane's career), McArther, Bourque, Pominville, Heatley or Mouslon.  Big difference is that those guys don't get nailed to the bench after a mistake and still get to play with good players.

We've got 4 coaches, and all 4 coaches have been quick with the leash on Andrei. I tend to think that there might be some reason that 4 different people are all treating Andrei the same way.

Cant lump Martin/Carbo treatment of 46 with Cunnyworth's, the first 2 would likely never tell 46 why he was demoted ot sat.

46 has got a raw deal it seems and as i have said numerous times, if they resign him i would be a happy camper and it is always funny when he runs guys over who just dont expect it and he is one who has zero fear of anyone and has bounced of Chara over and over and still will try and finish his check on him (opposite of a chiken-s**t like Cammalleri).

But, playing Darche may not be a winning formula, but ol Darchee works his a*s off every game and does exactly what the coach's ask of him and i think he has played very solid lately 9even though he couldnt score on my grandmother). So again i say, he is not playing favorites as Carbo/Martin did and is just playing guys who earn the shifts and arnt making the same mistakes over and over, or not making an honest effort.

All i see is good coaching and maybe it is lost on Andrai? But at least if Andrai wants to talk to coach you know he wont get the Martin brush off.

Like i saidl, i have no issue with sitting a guy for a few shifts or even a period to make a point. BUt playing a guy less then 5 minutes, after already punishing him enough by playing him with the $7.5M anchor is not exactly the best way to get someone going. I really don't get why Gomez is even in the lineup at this point. play the kids, see what they can do - they possibly can't be any worse then Gomez has been.

We've got 4 coaches, and all 4 coaches have been quick with the leash on Andrei. I tend to think that there might be some reason that 4 different people are all treating Andrei the same way.

I'm not saying AK46 hasn't been at fault. but you don't think there has been a MUCH greater bias against him and a MUCH shorter leash for his mistakes then any other player we have had - outside of SK74???

Like i saidl, i have no issue with sitting a guy for a few shifts or even a period to make a point. BUt playing a guy less then 5 minutes, after already punishing him enough by playing him with the $7.5M anchor is not exactly the best way to get someone going. I really don't get why Gomez is even in the lineup at this point. play the kids, see what they can do - they possibly can't be any worse then Gomez has been.

Totally agreed, Kostitsyn is definitely an asset to the team that can get a good return if traded. However why not trade him to another team as a rental and since he's willing to re-sign in the off season with montreal for less then re-sign him?

Totally agreed, Kostitsyn is definitely an asset to the team that can get a good return if traded. However why not trade him to another team as a rental and since he's willing to re-sign in the off season with montreal for less then re-sign him?

I think its one thing for a player to be willing to resign for less to play in montreal, if he is resigned BEFORE he becomes a UFA. I don't see why a guy would resign for less after he is a UFA and had multiple offers. AK46 will easily get offers of over $4M - probably closer to $4.5M on the open market.

I can easily see Burke signing AK46 for $4M.

If he is willing to resign now at his current salary, like he said he is, IMO PG is an idiot for not resigning him. I think he brings a heck a lot more to the table then Bourque does. People will throw Bourque's numbers out, but those were with Calgary - not Montreal.

I'm not saying AK46 hasn't been at fault. but you don't think there has been a MUCH greater bias against him and a MUCH shorter leash for his mistakes then any other player we have had - outside of SK74???

I agree, he's had a shorter leash than other players. But I find it hard to believe that there is no reason for that and its just bias. My theory... AK is doing something in practice or something in the dressing room that 4 different coaches haven't liked. As was said by someone else earlier in this thread, he seems to keep making the same mistakes no matter how much he's instructed.

With Cammalleri, you know what you're getting. A one way offensive sniper who can't score when attention is paid to him and is best on the powerplay. Take away the powerplay or put him with linemates who can't get more than one player on them and he's wasting time on the ice.

With Andrei Kostitsyn, you can only assume what you're getting. Are you going to check a fast accelerating hard checker with a sweet wristshot or are you going to get a near brainless, floating, useless forward who throws an occasional bodycheck and never listens to coaching strategy? His unpredictability is predictable.

Kostitsyn is not the type of player you want in the playoffs. Neither is Bourque, but guess which guy is signed and will stay.