[Game Thread] MONTREAL CANADIENS @ Toronto Maple Leafs

KoZed

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again, we give the leafs at least one point. Yes, the refs kept them in the game, but the team blew it on there own in the last couple of minutes..

To be honest, we were outplayed and out chances the entire game. And people wonder why some of us are not impressed with this team so far. They should have routed this leaf team with toskala in net. Our defensive coverage is dismal and has been for most games this season, win or lose.

once again, we give the leafs at least one point. Yes, the refs kept them in the game, but the team blew it on there own in the last couple of minutes..

To be honest, we were outplayed and out chances the entire game. And people wonder why some of us are not impressed with this team so far. They should have routed this leaf team with toskala in net. Our defensive coverage is dismal and has been for most games this season, win or lose.

i have to agree that the Habs defensive zone coverage is terrible.

Same dismal coverage, different coach.

Have to believe that starting Halak here was a mistake. The four goal was a tough deflection but Halak HAS to have that 3rd one.

I don't think it was a mistake at all. He was keeping them in big time. the team has been brutal tonight defensively, again. Much like the last two games.

Regardless, its win or your not back in... so I expect Price for the next game.

Well, I am glad we won but I am not a happy camper..

The refs suck for sure.

The habs are not playing very well at all. the fact that they won against the leafs in a shootout is a joke. They should have walked away with this game but the inability to play a simple defensive game continues to haunt them. We have now given two points to the worse team in the league. We lose decisively to the top teams.

This team needs work and I don't think it is a matter of chemistry anymore. We need some more offense on the second line and the overall defensive game must improve. The D sucks, but we are stuck with it until Markov and O'byrne are back. That should shore that hole up.

Even when we won the game, I still had my face in my hands...awful!

If you play the habs (and you arent the islanders), you're guaranteed atleast one point. All these 3 point games are going to bite us in the ass in the end, if we keep going this crap.

Edited by haber

Have to believe that starting Halak here was a mistake. The four goal was a tough deflection but Halak HAS to have that 3rd one.

Price Doesn't Have Any One of those goals...in fact...If he started tonight...he probably lets in more

Price has started against the far superior teams, Halaks stats (which really aren't that impressive, besides Ws) are inflated by playing against weaker opponents. Halak has terrible rebound control, something that does not plague Price.

Back on topic though, of all the games I've watched this year, we are the WORST at simply getting the puck either out of our zone, or getting the puck on net. We are SUPPOSED to be a puck possession team, yet when we get to the other teams zone we dump it in, this indicates to me that that is not puck possession.

On a positive note, Chips looks better every game he plays, and he seems to be gaining more and more speed with each game as well which is encouraging. He sticks up for teamates as well which is a big plus, also props to Moen for wanting to lay out Komi.

Price Doesn't Have Any One of those goals...in fact...If he started tonight...he probably lets in more

I bet he lets in 4.. just like Halak. our defense sucks.. think of how many game savers Halak made in the first 2 periods. Think how many Price made in the last game... yet our team can't give them any help..

I think Halak is playing a bit better then Price mostly due to being more confident. I don't think the difference is monumental. Split the games and focus on playing better defensively as a team, then both goalies will look better.