Habs @ Bruins

brobin

Personally, I think Mcguire is the best commentator in all of hockey. He shows passion, knowledge and a respect for the game and the viewing public. Ever watch the NFL and see how passionate those commentators are - particularly Sunday and Monday nights? Mcguire is at that level. I don't think anyone can argue his knowledge of the game. Sure, some may like to see the game played differently, or approached differently, but then, did everyone like Madden's approach? No, but he was passionate.

IMO, Mcguire is easily the best colour commentator and brings coverage of the NHL from a semi-amateur state to the professional ranks.

That doesn't make him right.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think Mcguire is the best commentator in all of hockey. He shows passion, knowledge and a respect for the game and the viewing public. Ever watch the NFL and see how passionate those commentators are - particularly Sunday and Monday nights? Mcguire is at that level. I don't think anyone can argue his knowledge of the game. Sure, some may like to see the game played differently, or approached differently, but then, did everyone like Madden's approach? No, but he was passionate.

IMO, Mcguire is easily the best colour commentator and brings coverage of the NHL from a semi-amateur state to the professional ranks.

The problem I have with McGuire is that he never shuts up. For me, his continuous commentary starts to interfere with my enjoyment of the game...

That doesn't make him right.

Never said it did. Regarding the Laps situation, I completely disagree with him. But I still think he's the best hockey commentator anywhere. I love watching him. (The entire TSN coverage is second-to-none.)

The problem I have with McGuire is that he never shuts up. For me, his continuous commentary starts to interfere with my enjoyment of the game...

Well, I can certainly see this point of view. When I first heard him, I thought that as well. But I began to really listen to him and try to see where he's coming from. Like I said, I don't always agree, but now I find him incredibly informative and one of the most passionate hockey fans out there. His passion makes me like the game just a little more.

Never said it did. Regarding the Laps situation, I completely disagree with him. But I still think he's the best hockey commentator anywhere. I love watching him. (The entire TSN coverage is second-to-none.)

Well, I can certainly see this point of view. When I first heard him, I thought that as well. But I began to really listen to him and try to see where he's coming from. Like I said, I don't always agree, but now I find him incredibly informative and one of the most passionate hockey fans out there. His passion makes me like the game just a little more.

The Quiz is the best game show on TV. :D