[Game Thread] Carolina Hurrianes @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1....

The Price fans don't get it.. they think he is a god no matter how he plays.. I expect him to play like this to get praise since he is suppose to be our number one goalie and our top draft pick in the last 15 years or so.

If he played like this 5 games out of 10, almost as good 3 or 4 times, and only blew one game in ten, then he will have arrived.

Doesn't matter much anyway since the team in front looks like a bottom 5 team.

Fact is: the elite goalies in the league play like this for the entire season, with a few bad games here and there. They are deciding factors and they will steal wins regularly. That's the set bar for Price.

The team in front of him is like half our starting roster.

We're just missing 3 real regulars.

God, I love Price's cockiness in the shootout. And he looks so freaking huge right now.

Sissy could have been the goat tonight... horrid giveaway leads to Carolina's 2nd goal and then the high stick in OT. But the team rallied, got a lucky bounce (which must be the season in a nutshell for the Hurricanes so far) on the Kosty goal and Price stepped up huge.

Kosty and Pacioretty each double their goal output of their first 20 games. Hey, it's a start.

You realize that no one in tonight's lineup had beaten the Hurricanes at the Bell Centre until tonight?

I don't know why Maurice didn't send Cole out there. I don't care how much he sucks now, it's still Cole and it's still in Montreal.

You realize that no one in tonight's lineup had beaten the Hurricanes at the Bell Centre until tonight?

I don't know why Maurice didn't send Cole out there. I don't care how much he sucks now, it's still Cole and it's still in Montreal.

I was surprised too.

Okay, Jako Martin: keep Moan/Laps/Lats together !!!

Don't touch to that line anymore !

Latendresse will never be a 2nd liner (sorry Quebecois but it's true), but he is a good 3rd liner, and he plays well with Moen and Laps

Okay, Jako Martin: keep Moan/Laps/Lats together !!!

Don't touch to that line anymore !

Latendresse will never be a 2nd liner (sorry Quebecois but it's true), but he is a good 3rd liner, and he plays well with Moen and Laps

More importnatly (IMO): Lapierre is not a 2nd liner, either.

1. Gomez is gripping his stick like it's his lifeline.
  2. If we could pass/receive a pass, we'd not look nearly so bad.
  3. We need all these 2nd, 3rd and 8th rate defenders to play well. When one guy has a bad game, we're in trouble. When Bergeron, Georges, and Mara are all weak, the chances of us winning are virtually nil.
  4. We created good chances when our transition worked. When it didn't, we were slaughtered.
  5. MaxPax went to the net, was rewarded.
  6. Who is that #46 guy? Recent callup? Trade? He looks like he can play.
  7. ~dreaming of how things would have looked last year had Plex played that way~
  8. ~dreaming of what *could* happen if he, Kosty and Pax continue on the same line and get in synch~
  9. Did I hear correctly? Gionta with the broken footy and out for a while?
  10. Nice to see that some things never change: Price plays incredibly again, and he's still slagged. If he gets a bad bounce against him, he should have had it. If he has some good fortune, he's bloody lucky and probably didn't deserve it.
  11. How many times do you think Price shouted, "NOT IN MY HOUSE" during the shootout?
  12. How much has Price been emulating Roy the last few outings, the last two in particular?
  13. ~I'm neither a Price apologizer, nor a Halak apologizer; I'm merely commenting on what I see~
  14. For now, anyhow... The Price is Right. Bitches. (Thank you Bob Barker.)

at some point Kozed will realise that Price has talent and HAS been stealing games for us. I am not saying he has never had a bad game but "#10 Nice to see that some things never change: Price plays incredibly again, and he's still slagged. If he gets a bad bounce against him, he should have had it. If he has some good fortune, he's bloody lucky and probably didn't deserve it. " colin speaks the truth. Franchise goalies don't come along every day and some of them have struggles on their way to the top. I'm thinking Kozed would throw Luongo under the bus after 6 goals in the last and most important game of the year , boy what a choker and then there is that brodeur guy. Don't get me started :lol: It is not a "drank the koolaid thing" to say that this whole team has to play well, They were lucky tonite that the pricester saved their collective asses. Some nights he has not been able to cause they won't let him score goals, and some nights he has had the most horrendous luck I have ever seen in addition to his team remaining at the hotel while some other a holes played in front of him. If you expect Carey to win every game by himself it ain't going to happen exhibit A Nashville. the absolute best he can do is a 0-0 tie. He was awesome tonite and looked like he is back in a big way THANK GOD. Sorry THANK GAINEY (the genius) :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :lol:

at some point Kozed will realise that Price has talent and HAS been stealing games for us. I am not saying he has never had a bad game but "#10 Nice to see that some things never change: Price plays incredibly again, and he's still slagged. If he gets a bad bounce against him, he should have had it. If he has some good fortune, he's bloody lucky and probably didn't deserve it. " colin speaks the truth. Franchise goalies don't come along every day and some of them have struggles on their way to the top. I'm thinking Kozed would throw Luongo under the bus after 6 goals in the last and most important game of the year , boy what a choker and then there is that brodeur guy. Don't get me started :lol: It is not a "drank the koolaid thing" to say that this whole team has to play well, They were lucky tonite that the pricester saved their collective asses. Some nights he has not been able to cause they won't let him score goals, and some nights he has had the most horrendous luck I have ever seen in addition to his team remaining at the hotel while some other a holes played in front of him. If you expect Carey to win every game by himself it ain't going to happen exhibit A Nashville. the absolute best he can do is a 0-0 tie. He was awesome tonite and looked like he is back in a big way THANK GOD. Sorry THANK GAINEY (the genius) :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :lol:

:rolleyes:

Some of you guys might be happy with this win, but I sure am not. If it weren't for a lucky goal from Kostitsyn, we would have lost this game at home against the worst team in the conference. (Read Red Fisher's column in today's Gazette.) This is probably the worst Habs team I have ever seen (maybe even worse than the Houle days).

One can only hope that they make it up to mediocrity when our injured come back.

The only good news, and I mean only, is the continuing great play from Price. He seems to have found his game - thank god!

-yawn- Some things never change. Hearing you say you weren't happy with the game might mean something if you were happy with any game.

With arguably our two best players injured and a host of others, I'll take point wherever I can get them.

Jackp is right. Our boys should have destroyed the Canes, but they got lucky and got a weak goal by AK46. Had it not been for that, they would have lost.

Last night's game was no reason to celebrate. THe only positive thing that we can say is that Carey was great.

Yes, a win is a win. This current team will only win games like this against the bottom feeders in the league. The thing i do like is they seem to play hard most of the games and most of the 60 minutes. A pleasant change from years past.

Price was real good, Pacioretty looked good, so did AK46. Lats line had some good shifts.

The defense is another story entirely. I'm honestly not sure i can even figure out what exactly the problem is. Markov may help a bit, but not that much.

So the main problems as i see them are they are soft in there own end, out of position alot, can't put 2 passes together, even with mo pressure, soft on the puck, they can't clear it when they need to. The amount of turnovers is just staggering, they have turnovers per game then shots. The Dumb penalties just kill these guys, they are leading the league in 2 minute minors.

Like i mentioned, i don't know if it'a coaching? It's been the same thing for 4 or 5 coaches.

Is it just poor talent? No system? Bad system? I just can't figure it out.

What is the over under on shots Friday in Wahington? I'm going with 60. It will be target practice for sure.

The more games I watch the more I realize that the goal of this team should be to get to mid season playing 500 hockey and then hope that Markov's return will spark the team to a strong finish.

Yes, a win is a win. This current team will only win games like this against the bottom feeders in the league. The thing i do like is they seem to play hard most of the games and most of the 60 minutes. A pleasant change from years past.

Price was real good, Pacioretty looked good, so did AK46. Lats line had some good shifts.

The defense is another story entirely. I'm honestly not sure i can even figure out what exactly the problem is. Markov may help a bit, but not that much.

So the main problems as i see them are they are soft in there own end, out of position alot, can't put 2 passes together, even with mo pressure, soft on the puck, they can't clear it when they need to. The amount of turnovers is just staggering, they have turnovers per game then shots. The Dumb penalties just kill these guys, they are leading the league in 2 minute minors.

Like i mentioned, i don't know if it'a coaching? It's been the same thing for 4 or 5 coaches.

Is it just poor talent? No system? Bad system? I just can't figure it out.

What is the over under on shots Friday in Wahington? I'm going with 60. It will be target practice for sure.

For the breakouts, I still don't think the forwards are helping much. Yes, Spacek made a bad read on the giveaway for the Jokinen goal, but you'll notice that the Habs had two forwards at the Carolina blueline and no one in between Spacek at the faceoff circle and them. The Habs' forwards HAVE to close those gaps. Sergei Kostitsyn got berated publicly in training camp for the exact same thing.

There could be coaching concerns, but I do see Gomez, Cammalleri and Plekanec back, getting the puck often below their own faceoff circle. Moen is always in good position up the boards to help move the puck out as well.

The Habs' forwards need to do this while still being in motion, however. It's a tough thing to learn, apparently. And young guys often have to learn from their own mistakes... hopefully guys like Lapierre and Latendresse, who are now both over 200 games played, will start playing with that veteran awareness.

The D is going to make bad passes. They simply aren't good passers, and they aren't good when pressured. We know this, but that's why it's very important for them to get help from their forwards.

That game was bone-chilling. If the Habs are anything like a good team, they should have looked a lot better. Remember that this was an absolute 'must win' coming off a humiliation in Nashville. We should have been coming at the Canes in waves. Instead we fluked out a win. Even Benoit Brunet was expressing grave worries after it was over. This team does not look good in any facet of the game, except:

It's becoming clear that when Carey Price is on his game, he is already the best goalie we have had in Montreal since you-know-who. He has the great intangibles working for him - presence, swagger - like it the shootout where he simply projected 'You Ain't Gonna Score' as well as any goalie I've ever seen. That aura of near-unbeatability is impossible to bottle and it eventually leads to a goalie being larger than life. I LOVE what I'm seeing from that kid right now.

Apart from that, be afraid. Be very, very afraid. This win was in many ways a moral defeat.

The more games I watch the more I realize that the goal of this team should be to get to mid season playing 500 hockey and then hope that Markov's return will spark the team to a strong finish.

I guess I am slightly put off by the organization when they remake the team completely in the offseason, spend over 100 MILLION dollars on FAs', and yet when one guy goes down the wings are clipped and its now survival mode for 4 months.

Don't get me wrong I understand how valuable Markov is to this team, however it continues to be a sore spot with me that you can spend that much money on a rebuild and still be a the whim of one guys performance/health.

This is becoming less of an excuse and more of a crutch as the season drags on in my opinion.