Next one to be recalled

JCPetit

If Mara and Spacek aren't available for the next game, who is going to be recalled from Hamilton?

Probably Mathieu Carle, now that Jay Leach is no longer with the team. But what about P.K. Subban? He's improved his game quite a bit lately. I think that it would be nice for him to get a taste of the NHL, just for a game or two...

Risk having Subban get absolutely undressed by either Malkin or Crosby? I don't think he'll see any NHL action this season. It'll be Carle, Belle or Weber, in that orde

Or, Spacek will play, which would be ideal.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't call anybody up - make a waiver claim on Koistinen. Aside from the fact that the guy has solid NHL experience, he'd be the cheapest option available to fill a spot.

just a question but why did they waive him? looks like the isles are interested may never get to us.

just a question but why did they waive him? looks like the isles are interested may never get to us.

Yeah, I don't see Koistinen getting to us. If not the isles, someone else below us in the standings will pick him up.

I'm willing to bet Gainey put in a claim, but doesn't get the player.

Risk having Subban get absolutely undressed by either Malkin or Crosby? I don't think he'll see any NHL action this season. It'll be Carle, Belle or Weber, in that orde

Or, Spacek will play, which would be ideal.

I understand your point of view, but I still would want the team to give him a try. Subban is very strong mentally; he wouldn't let a few mistakes destroy his confidence. Quite the contrary, he has the temperament to rebound and work at this weaknesses (if they are so terrible, which I doubt).

Anyhow, Gainey (or Boucher) would make it clear, right from the beginning, that he is recalled to replace the injured players. Once everybody is healthy (which won't be long, I guess), his place will be at Hamilton.

I agree with Seb, keep Subban in the AHL this year. There's absolutely no reason to bring him up to the NHl this year. He's gonna be a good d-man, just needs to play alot of games in the AHL. Anyways, there are a few guys ahead of him (Ie: Weber and Carle)

While keeping Subban down for the bulk of the year is the best idea, I wouldn't mind seeing him up a couple of times on short stints. It's all fine and dandy to work through the AHL, but if he were to be brought up, play two games to see the difference in the NHL game, then sent back down to work on things which became very apparent to him during his brief stay, well I can't help but think that's a huge teaching point. I don't want him up for long, just to taste and understand the differences and to show what he really needs to continue addressing in his game.

seems like they thought he had offensive upside (he almost certainly doesn't) and tried to play him as a 4th line forward after they made other d-corps pickups. The man is a low-pairing defensive defenseman who is easily worth a $600k cap hit (but perhaps not the $1.2M that he signed with the Panthers for).

Bring up the guy who gives the Habs the best chance to win.

14 points and +9 in 25 games for PK looks impressive. He may be the best guy right now. Certainly, Yannick Weber seems to be a no go... he's having a sophomore slump with only 6 points so far. With that shot of his, he should have more than 1 goal through 22 games.

Andre Benoit is an option as well. He has a lot of professional experience and seems to be doing decently as a top 4 for Hamilton. But I imagine it's between Carle and Subban.

It's interesting to look at the GP stats for the Bulldogs... it looks like they dress 7 D regularly. Anyone want to confirm this, or is someone playing forward?

If Mara and Spacek aren't available for the next game, who is going to be recalled from Hamilton?

Probably Mathieu Carle, now that Jay Leach is no longer with the team. But what about P.K. Subban? He's improved his game quite a bit lately. I think that it would be nice for him to get a taste of the NHL, just for a game or two...

I think we need another crease clearing defensive D called up seeing as Mara is out and O'Byrne is slowly but not yet to his level. Spacek like D in Hamilton we do not have... before PK suban and weber that would mean Carle and even A Henry who can play up front as the 7th dressed D.

Edited by CoRvInA

While keeping Subban down for the bulk of the year is the best idea, I wouldn't mind seeing him up a couple of times on short stints. It's all fine and dandy to work through the AHL, but if he were to be brought up, play two games to see the difference in the NHL game, then sent back down to work on things which became very apparent to him during his brief stay, well I can't help but think that's a huge teaching point. I don't want him up for long, just to taste and understand the differences and to show what he really needs to continue addressing in his game.

That was my point. I would not do it if Subban was not doing well in Hamilton, but obviously he is one of the best already. His + and - stat is the best of the team at +9.

Per RDS, Weber gets the recall after White was sent down earlier today.

I have just seen it. Weber gets the call. Let's see what he can do. Obviously, he has been working on the defensive part of his trade. Let's hope that he has improved.

Per RDS, Weber gets the recall after White was sent down earlier today.

Time to see what Boucher has instilled in him. I had heard he was struggling in the AHL, but hopefully I was misled.

That was my point. I would not do it if Subban was not doing well in Hamilton, but obviously he is one of the best already. His + and - stat is the best of the team at +9.

But we've already called up Weber, Carle and Belle over him. I think they would use these 3 players before Subban.

But we've already called up Weber, Carle and Belle over him. I think they would use these 3 players before Subban.

It's about who is playing the best right now. Maybe Weber has turned a corner, but it seems very odd that he isn't getting more points. Yeah, he had to learn the defensive side, but he obviously hasn't learned to put it all together. I don't like this callup.

Complaints about rushing Patches and Lats, and now people are clamoring for Subban. How long until the Habs "ruin" him too?

It is just for a short callup. I don't think anyone here is clamouring for him to be on the team full-time. It's a legitimate consideration with 3 veterans out with injury to bring him up since he's playing well.

Should call this the yo-yo thread, with Spacek back Weber should take the first bus for Hamilton.

Pouliot not playing again Martin is forced to dress D'Agostini. just to see if he will choose the pink

dress again.

I'd play Weber as a 7th d 4th line if Spacek goes down again.

With guys coming back with bruises big like a head Pouliots look like a wuss with his little

wrist problem.