Next one to be recalled

JCPetit

Should call this the yo-yo thread, with Spacek back Weber should take the first bus for Hamilton.

Pouliot not playing again Martin is forced to dress D'Agostini. just to see if he will choose the pink

dress again.

I'd play Weber as a 7th d 4th line if Spacek goes down again.

With guys coming back with bruises big like a head Pouliots look like a wuss with his little

wrist problem.

One week ago he couldn't even grip his stick. Wrists, needless to say, are vital in hockey.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about who is playing the best right now. Maybe Weber has turned a corner, but it seems very odd that he isn't getting more points. Yeah, he had to learn the defensive side, but he obviously hasn't learned to put it all together. I don't like this callup.

But there's still Carle who did very well when he was here earlier in the season. He seems like the most complete player of the young D right now. I don't see a point for Weber once we already have MAB in the line up.

But there's still Carle who did very well when he was here earlier in the season. He seems like the most complete player of the young D right now. I don't see a point for Weber once we already have MAB in the line up.

I would've understood Carle for sure. I also wouldn't have been thrown off by an older guy like Belle or Benoit. Weber confused me... Subban seems to be doing clearly better than Weber right now.

If Spaceman is back tonight, I'd dress Weber as the 7th D and on the 4th line. D'Ago needs a conditioning stint IMO.

Whatever happens, hopefully management doesn't screw up the callup again!

• 2 weeks later...
Pouliot recalled this morning.

Finally! I get to see what this guy is like!

He did well in Hamilton last week. He had 1 goal and 2 assists!

I'm probably deluded, but I have a good feeling about this kid. Yes, he might be a permanent basket case. But he also has a lot of signs of being a kid who really did just need a change of pace - rather like Hainsey was for us. Here's hoping he can come up and make a place for himself in the top-6.

As for Subban: let him stay in Hamilton for the full year at least. This kid is gold and this organization desperately needs a bona-fide elite player to some out of its system. I don't want ANY risks taken with his development.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I'm probably deluded, but I have a good feeling about this kid. Yes, he might be a permanent basket case. But he also has a lot of signs of being a kid who really did just need a change of pace - rather like Hainsey was for us. Here's hoping he can come up and make a place for himself in the top-6.

As for Subban: let him stay in Hamilton for the full year at least. This kid is gold and this organization desperately needs a bona-fide elite player to some out of its system. I don't want ANY risks taken with his development.

The good thing is that Martin worked with Pouliot before

I'm sure he can get the best out of him; heck, he is certainly the one who requested the trade.

It's like Julien and Ryder

I don't agree with you about Subban. IMO, he should be called up as soon as Boucher feels he is ready -- and I believe that it will be before the end of the year.

My argument is that the opportunity will arise. I don't know what will happen. Injuries, a trade, anyhow, something that will open the door for him.

JMHO

I don't agree with you about Subban. IMO, he should be called up as soon as Boucher feels he is ready -- and I believe that it will be before the end of the year.

My argument is that the opportunity will arise. I don't know what will happen. Injuries, a trade, anyhow, something that will open the door for him.

JMHO

Only if he's one of the 6th most ready (and healthy) guys in the entire organization, though. If Carle or Weber are also ready, and better than Subban, play them.

rds is saying Pouliot is a healthy scratch tonight because of needed rest between games.

Seems like a pretty dumb cap move...

Doesn't affect the cap at all. Conditioning stints don't get you any cap relief... it's counted as if he's still with the team. So he'll make his debut on the 23rd.

Only if he's one of the 6th most ready (and healthy) guys in the entire organization, though. If Carle or Weber are also ready, and better than Subban, play them.

When you look at his stats, you get the feeling that he is very close to being ready. He's got 6 goals, 10 assists in 30 games, most of them in the last 20 games I would bet. He is the team leader at +15, so he obviously doesn't make too many costly mistakes when he is on the ice. IMO, another 20 games or so and he will be ready. No sense to let him finish the season at Hamilton if he can help at Montreal.

When you look at his stats, you get the feeling that he is very close to being ready. He's got 6 goals, 10 assists in 30 games, most of them in the last 20 games I would bet. He is the team leader at +15, so he obviously doesn't make too many costly mistakes when he is on the ice. IMO, another 20 games or so and he will be ready. No sense to let him finish the season at Hamilton if he can help at Montreal.

7 pts in 7 games in December

When did Martin work with Pouliot? During the lockout or something?

Pouliot attended one of Martin's camps, I think when he was a Junior.