Next one to be recalled

JCPetit

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put MAB back there, he can't be any worse then the other guys.

Call up Trotter and put him with Cammy and Pleks. He is scoring a ton in Hamilton

Yeah, they'll probably just shift MAB back to D.

I find it surprising that they called up a D and not a forward like White or Trotter. Weber must be impressing.

Well, he's presumably high up the depth chart as a D to break in in 2010-11. Hopefully he can look more convincing this time around.

A Paccioretty would really need to stay there will be called back ?

B D'agostini is in the middle of two weeks conditionning. For money reasons he's back.

C Trotter is the best offensive player in Hamilton. I hope but doubt a call up.

D White will get the call, Metropolit playing second line :puke:

A Paccioretty would really need to stay there will be called back ?

B D'agostini is in the middle of two weeks conditionning. For money reasons he's back.

C Trotter is the best offensive player in Hamilton. I hope but doubt a call up.

D White will get the call, Metropolit playing second line :puke:

And the winner is...B, as D'Agostini was recalled earlier tonight.

And the winner is...B, as D'Agostini was recalled earlier tonight.

I don't get this at all. The guy can go do down for two weeks, why not let him finish out his 2 weeks and give someone else a chance??? I'm hoping a week was enough to wake the kid up and straighten him out, but I'm not holding my breath on that faint hope!

They really should have given a shot to one of the other kids.

I don't get this at all. The guy can go do down for two weeks, why not let him finish out his 2 weeks and give someone else a chance??? I'm hoping a week was enough to wake the kid up and straighten him out, but I'm not holding my breath on that faint hope!

They really should have given a shot to one of the other kids.

Likely the cap - D'Agostini has counted against it throughout the conditioning stint. With so precious room to spare, even an AHL'er coming up for a week puts a big hit on things. And before anyone asks, no, LTIR for Cammalleri won't really come into play unless a move to acquire a big salary player is made.

Likely the cap - D'Agostini has counted against it throughout the conditioning stint. With so precious room to spare, even an AHL'er coming up for a week puts a big hit on things. And before anyone asks, no, LTIR for Cammalleri won't really come into play unless a move to acquire a big salary player is made.

Man it's sad how bad our cap situation is considering the lineup we have. makes no sense at all :angry:

It's a sad day when D'Agi is coming up to save the day. He has been miserable this year, actually other then a 7 game stint or so i have no idea why he is even in NHL.

Any official word on Cammi? I haven't heard anything official.

Waive D'Agi, call up Trotter, atleast he scores.

I really don't understand how injuries are not exempt from the salary cap? Is the thinking, teams could hold out players who are not really injured to save cap space?

It's a sad day when D'Agi is coming up to save the day. He has been miserable this year, actually other then a 7 game stint or so i have no idea why he is even in NHL.

Any official word on Cammi? I haven't heard anything official.

Waive D'Agi, call up Trotter, atleast he scores.

I'd rather have Pyatt and White up here, at least they hustled and showed heart. The current squad seems to have lost their identity, or never had one. I cringe at the thought of what Gomez is being paid. If he had any pride, he would renegotiate his contract for less money.

Why, Gomez is the least of the habs problems, contract or not. I think it's fair to say Hamrlik, Spacek, Mare, Gil, Lapierre, Metro are all making too much money for there production.

D'Agi is a waste of a roster spot and salary he does nothing either.

Many habs are over paid for what they bring to the table.

I am actually surprised Martin didn't bring up another grinder or defenseman,

Why, Gomez is the least of the habs problems, contract or not. I think it's fair to say Hamrlik, Spacek, Mare, Gil, Lapierre, Metro are all making too much money for there production.

D'Agi is a waste of a roster spot and salary he does nothing either.

Many habs are over paid for what they bring to the table.

I am actually surprised Martin didn't bring up another grinder or defenseman,

I agree with you on Spacey, Mara, Laps.

Come on, I know it's not Gomez fault he is over paid by close to 4m, but that extra would get you the 2 3rd line grinders you covet Chris. I know poeple are saying oh his defensive play doesn't show up in the stats. Lately he's been a turnover machine directly linked to goals against.

Grinders and pluggers are cheap. The habs do have a few of them playing in hamilton, unfortunately JM would rather play worthless players currently.

Makes ya wish Tom Kantstopulous was still around! Think Carolina would trade him for a 9th round pick?

I would look to Calgary, they have a few of them still on the roster.

I liked Kosto but i would rather get some grinders who win the occaisional fight.

Moss, Prust, Nystrom, etc. Torres is out there.

There are nemeous coming up UFA at the end of the year. It would make Moen happy to have some other gritty guys around i'm sure.

I would look to Calgary, they have a few of them still on the roster.

I liked Kosto but i would rather get some grinders who win the occaisional fight.

Moss, Prust, Nystrom, etc. Torres is out there.

There are nemeous coming up UFA at the end of the year. It would make Moen happy to have some other gritty guys around i'm sure.

Haha a player like Carcillo, Avery would be a wet dream really. When they LaRaque I had thought they were getting a dominating force. I don't think they need a heavyweight like him, but an agaitator that can back it up, too bad Laps doesn't man up, heck he doesn't even agaitate anymore. Downie wouldn't be a bad fit either, but seems like he's having some good luck on the top 2 lines in TB now.

I really don't understand how injuries are not exempt from the salary cap? Is the thinking, teams could hold out players who are not really injured to save cap space?

Exactly. We'd see a plethora of convenient phantom injuries to all sorts of high salaried players, just as a team needs cap space. Coincidence? I think so.

I'd rather have Pyatt and White up here, at least they hustled and showed heart. The current squad seems to have lost their identity, or never had one. I cringe at the thought of what Gomez is being paid. If he had any pride, he would renegotiate his contract for less money.

Renegotiating a contract is prohibited under the CBA; it's not a matter of pride, it simply can't be done.