Next one to be recalled

JCPetit

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on Earth would Gomez do that anyways? "Here, have this 4 million. I don't want it."

And don't tell me you would, because I'd laugh in your face.

Players have done it before in other sports and in hockey. Players take less money to win, hometown discounts, restructured contracts to bring in more players. When things are all said done, a career is defined by what you've accomplished and won, not by how many 0's on your bank account.

Very noble, but like I said, don't act like you wouldn't sign for the highest contract you could.

I'd like to think, I'd feel guilty for taking more money than others on the team they are clearly playing better than me. No matter, how many little things I do right does not equal what he's getting paid, has never added up to what he was paid.

Seems to have gone lost in all the GM talk but both Trotter and White were sent to the Bulldogs today and Pyatt was recalled. I suspect this means that D'Agostini will be in the lineup on Wednesday as well. (Good - when you're 1.6 mil over the cap, you can't afford healthy scratches).

I hate this really. The line has one bad shift and sit for practically the rest of the game. This old school attitude is broken, and disgusting. They want the 4th line to play with energy, but how can they when the message is: "mess up one shift and you sit". They expect perfection from the young guys and then let the vets have tons of chances.

Seems to have gone lost in all the GM talk but both Trotter and White were sent to the Bulldogs today and Pyatt was recalled. I suspect this means that D'Agostini will be in the lineup on Wednesday as well. (Good - when you're 1.6 mil over the cap, you can't afford healthy scratches).

I would rather they move someone like Dags, rather then send down a high energy kid like White. I really don't get why they would want Pyatt over White either?

Pyatt seems from what I remember more of a true 4th liner type guy.

I don't mind Pyatt. But i REALLY liked what White brought - speed, PK, Hitting, dropping the gloves - sounds like a perfect hungry 4th liner the habs could use. Kind of like Laps before he got lazy.

I can see their thinking though. Let White and Trotter go back down to the minors, where they were dominating in a scoring type role and bring up a grinder type before the Olympic break.

I always thought Pyatt was ahead of White. From the games I saw Pyatt played early in the season, I thought he did a great job as a 4th liner. Good speed, energy plus a better hockey sense. Glad to see him back.

I always thought Pyatt was ahead of White. From the games I saw Pyatt played early in the season, I thought he did a great job as a 4th liner. Good speed, energy plus a better hockey sense. Glad to see him back.

Well apparently he'll be lining up with Gomez and Gionta, according to Martin.

This is what i don't get about JM. He has Trotter he looked ok up, he is the leading scorer i beleive for Hamilton but he puts a 4th liner with Gomez and Gionta.

I know JM perfect game is a 0-0 tie with the Habs winning in a shootout but you will need some offense at some point, play the offensive guys together.

I was just going to say exactly what you said Chris. I thought Trotter looked very dangerous against Pittsburgh - the kid has talent. Then his line doesn't get a sniff against the Bruins and he gets sent back down. I don't understand what Martin and management are thinking sending him down and bringing up Pyatt. Makes me scratch my head.

I'd be okay with the moves if they'd put Desharnais up on one of those wings instead, and kept Pyatt on the 3rd/4th line. Desharnais is never going to be a centre for us, if he's going to make it you have to believe it's going to be as a winger.

After Sunday lost, i heard JM say that they (the Dog line) surprised Pittsburg

but when they played big men it showed thet were not ready for NHL that they

were AHL.

I would have hit his fat face, and ripped in on the ground.

What a condescendent piece of coach that is.

Each individual has to be reinforced with his strenght, not bashed down.

If he thinks he has clear sky ahead just because his little friend Gauthier is acting

GM just wait how angry fans react when their team doesn't make the playoff.

After Sunday lost, i heard JM say that they (the Dog line) surprised Pittsburg

but when they played big men it showed thet were not ready for NHL that they

were AHL.

I would have hit his fat face, and ripped in on the ground.

What a condescendent piece of coach that is.

Each individual has to be reinforced with his strenght, not bashed down.

If he thinks he has clear sky ahead just because his little friend Gauthier is acting

GM just wait how angry fans react when their team doesn't make the playoff.

I disagree with pretty much everything you say..puting players in their place by the coach is a good thing..it show them that they must work for their ice time..Coachs unlike most fans dont just fall in love with a player because of 1or 2 good games..

bashing players is a great tool to get players working harder, as a coach you just as to learn to pick your battles..as me being a guy who play sports all my life and then join the army, being bash by my coachs and leadership at times made me better at my job and a strong person..but like i said their a time for it..

i dont think anyone can blame the GM or Coach this year if we dont make the playoffs..i really cant believe we are still in the playoff race with the guy we have hurt this season..my hats off to all the players and coach for still holding their own with some of the best teams in the nhl when most of are best players are out..

fans got to start looking at the good things the habs got going for them and the good players we have....

The problem is...players make mistakes...one mistake should not make you sit the entire game. JM is quickly showing he cannot coach young players, which doesn't bode well for our team.

I disagree with pretty much everything you say..puting players in their place by the coach is a good thing..it show them that they must work for their ice time..Coachs unlike most fans dont just fall in love with a player because of 1or 2 good games..

bashing players is a great tool to get players working harder, as a coach you just as to learn to pick your battles..as me being a guy who play sports all my life and then join the army, being bash by my coachs and leadership at times made me better at my job and a strong person..but like i said their a time for it..

i dont think anyone can blame the GM or Coach this year if we dont make the playoffs..i really cant believe we are still in the playoff race with the guy we have hurt this season..my hats off to all the players and coach for still holding their own with some of the best teams in the nhl when most of are best players are out..

fans got to start looking at the good things the habs got going for them and the good players we have....

Bashing player was a tool in the seventees. And they are still in the race for playoffs because the other team stink as much as the habs.

In this NHL the dinosaurs are going away and fading away this year more than ever.

Hitchcock OUT, Quinn had done a disastrous job in Edmonton. Did they push their kids to get the best of themselves, work on their strenght

to win or focus only on the result of a game instead of asking themselves how can we get these guys better.

Yeah a system was needed, but for a chance to be a top 1/3 of the league you need a balance of production of cheap young players and costy established players.

All we have right now, his average production of established players, no production from the youth from the system and a goalie stopping pucks.

This makes a .500 team.

Will Martin succeed to develop one NHL er telling him he is AHL stuff this year ot the next, i dunno and i doubt. I sure don't want him to coach

Subban.

Bashing player was a tool in the seventees. And they are still in the race for playoffs because the other team stink as much as the habs.

In this NHL the dinosaurs are going away and fading away this year more than ever.

Hitchcock OUT, Quinn had done a disastrous job in Edmonton. Did they push their kids to get the best of themselves, work on their strenght

to win or focus only on the result of a game instead of asking themselves how can we get these guys better.

Yeah a system was needed, but for a chance to be a top 1/3 of the league you need a balance of production of cheap young players and costy established players.

All we have right now, his average production of established players, no production from the youth from the system and a goalie stopping pucks.

This makes a .500 team.

Will Martin succeed to develop one NHL er telling him he is AHL stuff this year ot the next, i dunno and i doubt. I sure don't want him to coach

Subban.

well all i hear is how great the players were in the 70s..so it must work..lol

you have no clue how to get the most out of a person..everyone is different..some guys need to be bash other need to be told their great..its the coachs job to find what works for each guy..

most players today are told their so great from a early age they think there the man before they get to the NHL...so if you take a guy at a young age put him in his place, show him he got to work hard..then when he gets a couple year in the nhl he well feel he fought his way to the top and have confidence in him self..

this is why i think when you bring young top guy up to early they dont play well mostly because of confidence..

Coach are not meant to be players buddies..

this is how it should work..Coach said to player A your a bag of Sh*t, get it together...(he get pissed and what to play better and hard) Team C says to player A dont worry about it your doing OK, you just got to do this better but keep up the good work and it well come..its a lot of pushing buttons with people and Getting the best out of a person..

Appawentwy we need to coddow the wee widdow babies because they'we so fwagiwe!

Poor, poor miwwionnaiwe babies! Imagine! Cannot take a fwank assessment of theiw tawent levew.