Next one to be recalled

JCPetit

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is a break in the NHL I bet they are sent down to play their AHL games. Or do the AHL have a break as well?

The AHL plays through the break and simply put, the Bulldogs are bereft of healthy bodies right now (only 16 skaters dressed last night - 5 D and 11 F). Considering who's set to come back after the break though (Markov, Mara, Kostitsyn, and maybe Pouliot), I don't see any of the 3 coming back right away either. It'll help the cap out a fair bit though.

Speaking of the cap, I've updated the capsheet on the main page with these transactions, we're 'only' 1 mil over the cap now.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, if he's going to play for the team, he should be practicing with the team.

So they recall him during practice so that he can't make it for practice same day. If that's the case, wait a few hours and save cap space, you wind up with the same result in the end (him not being there for practice).

I think it is apparent that Pyatt was probably a Gauthier choice.

Based on play and the total package brought, i'd prefer Ryan White - he brought a lot more fiestiness.

I also have to wonder as the head of pro scouting, how many of Gainey's D-man signings from last summer were more Gauthier then Gainey choices. May impact who they decide to keep around and who they move over the next 72 hours.

I think it is apparent that Pyatt was probably a Gauthier choice.

Based on play and the total package brought, i'd prefer Ryan White - he brought a lot more fiestiness.

I also have to wonder as the head of pro scouting, how many of Gainey's D-man signings from last summer were more Gauthier then Gainey choices. May impact who they decide to keep around and who they move over the next 72 hours.

I don't think we should be *too* hard on the Habs pro scouting. The catastrophic Streit and Ribeiro decisions notwithstanding, they made good decisions about almost every member of the old team, and almost every 2009 signing has turned out to be quality. Spacek is hard to guage because he's been playing on the wrong side, but he's the only one of the current crop I'd rate as a disappointment.

What were their other options? Put O'byrne on 4th line again?

I would have gone with White, personally.

White would have to have been recalled though. He's still in the minors I believe? It was just Pyatt that was recalled after the break. I was more referring to the fact that if that habs didn't recall Maxwell, they only had 11 forwards and 7 D, so one of the D would have to have 4th line duty or double shift some players, but with a back to back that may not be the best option.

What were their other options? Put O'byrne on 4th line again?

Call up someone whose salary is less than what Lapierre's is - in other words, about 80% of the Hamilton forwards.

They're in a playoff race.

I have no problems calling someone up (they need to), but clearly we all agree that White is a better option than Maxwell for the role he'll be playing in. White's cheaper and saves cap, Maxwell is more expensive and will cost the team more in terms of next season's inevitable penalty. Considering they could've had a better player and reduced the cap problem, they're making a mistake here once again.

Ahh I misunderstood what ya meant dlbalr. I thought ya wanted the habs to not call up anyone. Maxwell really makes more the Laps?

I don't think so, but Maxwell's bonus of 140K counts against the cap.

I don't think so, but Maxwell's bonus of 140K counts against the cap.

Maxwell's base salary excluding bonuses exceeds Lapierre's cap hit, meaning his daily cap hit is higher than Lapierre's. White makes a little less than Lapierre which is why he would've been the cheaper call up (and the smarter one as well).

Definitely agree that White > Maxwell based on the sample size this season. Could have had white center the 4th line, and moved Metro up with Moen and Moore. Call it the MmM line.

Definitely agree that White > Maxwell based on the sample size this season. Could have had white center the 4th line, and moved Metro up with Moen and Moore. Call it the MmM line.

If I had one guy that I thought would be moving quickly up the latter it would be WYMAN. He has got size, he is right handed, he can play every position and he is starting to put the puck in the net. Seems to me a guy like this is invaluable. He just needs more reps at the NHL level.

If I had one guy that I thought would be moving quickly up the latter it would be WYMAN. He has got size, he is right handed, he can play every position and he is starting to put the puck in the net. Seems to me a guy like this is invaluable. He just needs more reps at the NHL level.

Wyman has struggled lately in Hamilton, since his demotion actually. That being said, I wouldn't have been too upset if he got the call instead.

The only thing I can think of is that Maxwell showed a lot of ofensive ability last year. White is teh best choice in my opinion. He is better than Pyatt in my opinion.