J.T. Wyman called up

simonus

File this callup under "you know things are bad when..."

I never thought this guy would ever see the NHL. Then again, a kid from my hometown got two games in LA a couple years back after a similarly unstellar minor league career (same year as the Japanese goalie played). Huge amounts of injuries happen.

Slightly off topic, is Wyman a fighter, grinder. I don't know anything about him.

I was alos wondering about Conboy, Is he doing anything in Hamilton, he was a big tough physical guy at Michigan state.

maybe lammy who seems to know Hamilton very well can let us know.

He's not even the most cap conscious callup, so he must be doing something right. I would've thought a guy like Ryan Russell would get the call well before Wyman.

J.T. is a checking forward, not a tough guy, who decent speed and size. He has filled in on D in the past when injuries had hit.

Spacek out, Gomez out, both tonight and tomorrow.

Just for reference:

Season cap hit of our injured/suspended players: Just under $27m

Season cap hit of our lineup tonight: Just over $32.8m

The cap FLOOR is $40.4m.

I also see that Stewart was waived, and was not claimed. I'd say his conditioning assignment became a little more permanent.

Good news!

:clap:

*crossing fingers so same goes for Chipchura*

Nah, I think someone would take Chips. Sure, he hasn't done much to this point, but the fact that he had junior success (Captained Canada no less) helps his cause... where as Stewart is what he is... not a ton of potential there.

I definitely laughed hearing that Wyman got the call up. I never expected much from him... but I'm anxious to see him get a shot. He's a big guy, and sounds like he's a grinder a la Moen. I'm wearing my Travis Moen #32 shirt right now... so I think I could like Wyman.

Nah, I think someone would take Chips. Sure, he hasn't done much to this point, but the fact that he had junior success (Captained Canada no less) helps his cause... where as Stewart is what he is... not a ton of potential there.

I definitely laughed hearing that Wyman got the call up. I never expected much from him... but I'm anxious to see him get a shot. He's a big guy, and sounds like he's a grinder a la Moen. I'm wearing my Travis Moen #32 shirt right now... so I think I could like Wyman.

I meant Chips being waived. I dont care if anyone picks him, really. Chipchura doesnt have any more future under Martin than Lats had, being passed over by Pyatt and White in a flash. He's like a 71-71-70 guy in HWL: nobody wants to give anything for them because they dont have anything special to offer, but they'll pick them off waivers anyway because they're decent depth. 

As for Wyman, I remember a user being high on him when he was still in the NCAA, but dont remember who. Was expecting him to be about what Pacioretty is now, big speedy powerforward winger. Doesnt have the hands or shot for that, but still it's good to see a long shot "arrive".

Slightly off topic, is Wyman a fighter, grinder. I don't know anything about him.

I was alos wondering about Conboy, Is he doing anything in Hamilton, he was a big tough physical guy at Michigan state.

maybe lammy who seems to know Hamilton very well can let us know.

Wyman is not a fighter....he takes very few penalties (only 4 mins in penalties this season). He is not in the "elite group" with players such as David Desharnais, Mike Glumac, or Mathieu Carle, but he's a good all-around player who can play defence as well as being a RW forward.

He has had a good month of November with the Hamilton Bulldogs, scoring a couple of goals, getting some assists, and was voted as the Hardest Working Bulldog.

Conboy is still a big physical player.....his statistics so far this season are not anything to write home about, but he can sure throw hard bodychecks into the corners!!

I meant Chips being waived. I dont care if anyone picks him, really. Chipchura doesnt have any more future under Martin than Lats had, being passed over by Pyatt and White in a flash. He's like a 71-71-70 guy in HWL: nobody wants to give anything for them because they dont have anything special to offer, but they'll pick them off waivers anyway because they're decent depth. 

As for Wyman, I remember a user being high on him when he was still in the NCAA, but dont remember who. Was expecting him to be about what Pacioretty is now, big speedy powerforward winger. Doesnt have the hands or shot for that, but still it's good to see a long shot "arrive".

You just referenced HWL in real life. Not a good sign. ;)