100 Year Anniversary Curse

Colin

Team goes from 1st in the East to a fireball screaming from the sky. Wholesale changes lead to fully half an NHL roster on the injury list.

Our 100th year is officially a curse. Discuss and await the final celebrations so we can get on with being a successful hockey team.

Well, there are only a few days left before the centennial celebrations come to an end (thankfully). As much as I love my team, 15 months of celebrations is way too much. They milked it, and then milked it some more.

I have a question for all of you! Would we be complaining about the centennial celebrations if the Habs were winning??

We never were winning! I can't honestly answer that question. But clearly, there is a curse. I speculated back in February last year that was the case. There's no denying it at this point. It's the only logical conclusion.

I blame the all-star game.

That's where the problems began. Let's boycott it from now on. Also, the draft was the same year. Let's stop sending anyone to the draft, or for that matter, drafting anyone at all.

Actually, the problems started in January after the shootout win against the Lightning. The one where Carey made that stupid move and ended up injuring himself. That's where all our problems started!

Actually, the problems started in January after the shootout win against the Lightning. The one where Carey made that stupid move and ended up injuring himself. That's where all our problems started!

They went on a winning streak after that with Halak in net. It was when Price rushed to get back to health in time to start the All-Star Game that things went sour.

They went on a winning streak after that with Halak in net. It was when Price rushed to get back to health in time to start the All-Star Game that things went sour.

Really? I guess my memory isn't as good as it used to be!

Didn't know where else to put this:

Habs skating at the optional practice today: Laraque, D'Agostini, Gomez, Pouliot, Spacek and Markov

I believe I heard that Spacek could make the comeback this Sat. Gomez is day-to-day. Pouliot is supposedly next week. Laraque has, what, 3 games left? D'Ago skating is good news, because that makes 3 or 4 days on skates. He has to pass a week without symptoms before he can get into practice and make the step back to the ice. And RDS is saying Markov could be back by the end of Dec. I think that's wishful thinking, but it's good to hear he's on the ice, if only for 10 minute stretches.

And apparently Patches was just knocked and seemed fine after the game, according to Martin McGuire.

The curse began with the trading of Patrick Roy. In addition to the blithering idiocy of Houle, the first franchise player we had drafted since Roy was ruined by a catastrophic MCL tear (Koivu) and another top-6 forward had his career ended by a freak tendon slash (Audette). We had a ridiculous, playoff-run-ending call against us in the Carolina series; we had Koivu get his eye gouged out in another Carolina series which we were leading; we had Zednik, the league's leading playoff scorer that year, get clotheslined and never recover in another series against Boston; we had Lang get his tendon cut last season and we've had Markov return the favour this season. I'll grant that if we'd had a solid organization these specific incidents would have hurt less. But I'm getting bloody tired of this kind of bad luck. It's some kinda karma for the 50 years of dynastic brilliance.

Really? I guess my memory isn't as good as it used to be!

Same here because I don't remember this :

What was the move ?? I really don't remember what happened.

The curse began with the trading of Patrick Roy. In addition to the blithering idiocy of Houle, the first franchise player we had drafted since Roy was ruined by a catastrophic MCL tear (Koivu) and another top-6 forward had his career ended by a freak tendon slash (Audette). We had a ridiculous, playoff-run-ending call against us in the Carolina series; we had Koivu get his eye gouged out in another Carolina series which we were leading; we had Zednik, the league's leading playoff scorer that year, get clotheslined and never recover in another series against Boston; we had Lang get his tendon cut last season and we've had Markov return the favour this season. I'll grant that if we'd had a solid organization these specific incidents would have hurt less. But I'm getting bloody tired of this kind of bad luck. It's some kinda karma for the 50 years of dynastic brilliance.

Man, the Roy trade

The worst part is that he included Keane in a bundle :wacko:

Houle simply Pierre Lacroix look like a genius

Same here because I don't remember this :

What was the move ?? I really don't remember what happened.

Aftyer stopping the last of Tampa Bay,s shooters, he raised both arms in the air, as if he were shooting at something.

Aftyer stopping the last of Tampa Bay,s shooters, he raised both arms in the air, as if he were shooting at something.

ah ok. I thought he injured himself doing a stupid move...

I disagree. The worst part was that he included Roy in that trade, not Keane.

Yeah, of course Roy was the biggest name in this bundle, no question

But trading Roy for 2-3 dudes was enough

But trading Roy for 2-3 dudes was enough

Any competent GM would have asked for Forsberg in that deal...but we had Houle at the Helm of the Habs, hense we got crap!