[Games Thread] Montreal vs Washington

KoZed

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daaaaaamn. So close. Price will have to learn the reflex to quickly sweep those short rebounds away from his crease

Mac Pac is tantalizing... makes you hope intensely that one day all his flash & dazzle starts to result into goals...

Backstrom with a perfect shot.

We dropped a point, but we got one we perhaps shouldnt even have got. Still. 3 points out of 4 vs the Caps, with our depleted lineup, is quite good.

Gotta be proud of how this team plays lately.

The most creative thing Lapierre does in the shootout is with his skating. He changes speed, but does nothing with his hands.

It's an original strategy. I prefer when he starts slow, then accelerates. Usually catches the goalie flat-footed.

It's an original strategy. I prefer when he starts slow, then accelerates. Usually catches the goalie flat-footed.

I'm not saying it isn't something others should try, but it seems Lapierre is all feet and no hands.

I'm not saying it isn't something others should try, but it seems Lapierre is all feet and no hands.

So? He shoots. He hit the post; and scored about 3 out of 4 before. In shootouts, I'd rather see "no hands" shoot and score then "nice hands" make lame dekes like Plex.

As a rule, in shootouts, those who shoot rather than deke, scores.