Lines? - If Healthy

Gman

It's going to be interesting to see what Gainey and Martin do.

Here's what I would do:

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri

S. Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Moen - Metropolit - Pacioretty

White - Lapierre - Pyatt

Markov - Spacek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Gill - Gorges

Scratches - Pouliot, D'Agostini, Chipchura, Bergeron, Mara

Waive - Laraque

Hamilton - Leach

You can only have 3 healthy scratches, so you need to jettison 2 more players.

I have something similar, although Sergei is on a short leash so he's kind of on an extended tryout at this point:

Cammalleri - Plex - A Kost

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Metropolit - Moen

S Kost - Lapierre - White

D'Agostini

Markov - O'Byrne

Hamrlik - Spacek (I'd keep this as the primary shutdown pair, actually, freeing Markov up a bit)

Gill/Mara - Gorges

Bergeron

I'd consider dressing Bergeron on the 4th line if need be. Pacioretty/Pouliot/S Kost are interchangeable.

Traded/Waived: Laraque, Chipchura, Leach

See you next year/first callup: Pyatt

It depends where they are when everyone is back and if they are in the playoff hunt.

They didn't trade for Pouliot to scratch him. My guess is they will see how he plays for about 20-30 games, if he does well Pleks can be moved for a 1st.

Same goes for Hamrlik, if they are out of the playoffs, i think he can be moved also. Young D prospect coming back.

But currently,

Poiliot Gomez Gionta

AK46 Pleks Cammi

Pacioretty Metro Moen

Pyatt Lapierre White

Mara Markov

Spacek Hamrlik

Gil Bergeron

I like a stay at home D with a offensive D guy.

They traded for Pouliot because they needed a LW who could play on the top 2 lines. Camm & Plex developed chemistry and all along Martin wished he didnt have to put Camm with Gomer and Gio. So it's easy:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta <=== lots of speed, a big body in Pouliot. Could be very successful.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn <=== That's a 1b line. We saw how dangerous they could be.

After that, it's more complicated. Pacioretty, Metropolit, Moen, Lapierre, Sergei K, Pyatt, White, Laraque, Chipchura, Stewart. They have 3 extra forwards.

I'd like to see Pacioretty put with other young guys who can skate, bang and have offensive upside.

Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostitsyn <== That could be a very annoying line to play against, very speedy, very dangerous on the counter-attack.

After that, I'd want a true checking/energy line

Moen-Pyatt/Metro-White

Metropolit is struggling lately and I see his usefulness decline. No more PP time with the top guns back. Alternate him at C with Pyat; or alternate Pyatt and White on the wings.

I was thinking about creating just such a thread Gman, you read my mind. Lately I've been thinking about what the forward lines would be once everybody is healthy... I'd like to see:

Cammalleri - Pleks - AKost

Gionta - Gomez - Pouliot

Pacioretty - Metro - Moen

SKost - Lapierre - D'Agostini

That's 4 solid lines with the 3rd and 4th also being able to chip in fairly well offensively. I like that lineup a lot. Pyatt and White can be sent back down, as can Chipchura (or traded, in his case). Laraque can be the healthy scratch and inserted whenever we play a goony team. An interesting option would be to slide Bergeron in somewhere on the 3rd or 4th line at times, if there's no room for him when all our D become healthy. We need to keep that big power play shot in the lineup somewhere - despite his defensive shortcomings.

You can only have 3 healthy scratches, so you need to jettison 2 more players.

Thanks. I forgot to put in Price and Halak when I added up my 23.

In that case, here's my forward lines:

Pouilot - Metropolit - Pacioretty

Moen - Lapierre - White

Markov - Spacek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Gill - Gorges

Scratches - Bergeron, Mara, D'Agostini

Waive/Trade - Laraque, Chipchura

Hamilton - Pyatt, Leach

Edited by Gman

My lines are similar:

Moen - Gomez - Gionta

S. Kostitsyn - Metro/Pouilot - Pacioretty

Metro/Pouilot -Lapierre - White

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gill - O'Byrne

They traded for Pouliot because they needed a LW who could play on the top 2 lines. Camm & Plex developed chemistry and all along Martin wished he didnt have to put Camm with Gomer and Gio. So it's easy:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta <=== lots of speed, a big body in Pouliot. Could be very successful.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn <=== That's a 1b line. We saw how dangerous they could be.

After that, it's more complicated. Pacioretty, Metropolit, Moen, Lapierre, Sergei K, Pyatt, White, Laraque, Chipchura, Stewart. They have 3 extra forwards.

I'd like to see Pacioretty put with other young guys who can skate, bang and have offensive upside.

Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kostitsyn <== That could be a very annoying line to play against, very speedy, very dangerous on the counter-attack.

After that, I'd want a true checking/energy line

Moen-Pyatt/Metro-White

Metropolit is struggling lately and I see his usefulness decline. No more PP time with the top guns back. Alternate him at C with Pyat; or alternate Pyatt and White on the wings.

I want Pouliot to succeed as much as anyone, but you've basically dropped a fringe player who hasn't proved anything in the NHL onto our first line. I just don't see that happening.

I want Pouliot to succeed as much as anyone, but you've basically dropped a fringe player who hasn't proved anything in the NHL onto our first line. I just don't see that happening.

It's written in the sky. Martin's been desperate for a LWer not named Cammalleri to use with Gomez and Gionta. They got Pouliot for that very purpose.

It's written in the sky. Martin's been desperate for a LWer not named Cammalleri to use with Gomez and Gionta. They got Pouliot for that very purpose.

I hope so!!!! And in the process we have some luck, and come out better from a trade.

My lineup:

Cammalleri/Plekanec/A.Kostitsyn

Poulliot/Gomez/Gionta

Pacioretty/Lapierre/S.Kostitsyn

Moen/Metropolit/Laraque

Chipchura

Markov/O'byrne

Hamrlik/Spacek

Gorges/Gill

Mara, Bergeron(dress 7 d-man instead of Laraque majority of time, then double shift Cammy or AK or run 3 lines and alternate the 3rd and 4th lines with spot duty)

send down Pyatt and White

waived and then sent down Leach, Stewart, D'Agostini

My lines are similar:

Moen - Gomez - Gionta

S. Kostitsyn - Metro/Pouilot - Pacioretty

Metro/Pouilot -Lapierre - White

Markov - Gorges

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gill - O'Byrne

Not to have Bergeron is a mistake, my friend. at most dress him as 4th liner

All Yank line: Pacio-Gomer-Giony

second First line: Camm-Pleks-AK46

First Grind/Counterattack line: Poulet-Laps-Moen

second Grind/Counterattack line : SKost-Metro-D'agostini/Bergeron

Markov-O'Byrn

Hammer-Spacek

Bergy/Mara-Gorges

Gill I would buy out unless he plays with Markov

By the way i got a question (totally unrelated one) I've been punched with a hockey glove before, and it hurts but is it worse than a bare knuckle punch when on the ice?.....hinting to: why does fighting entitle dropping the gloves, if the league made it mandatory for fighting to be done with gloves on would it screw it or solve the busted wrists and fingers conundrum?

Edited by CoRvInA

Not to have Bergeron is a mistake, my friend. at most dress him as 4th liner

All Yank line: Pacio-Gomer-Giony

second First line: Camm-Pleks-AK46

First Grind/Counterattack line: Poulet-Laps-Moen

second Grind/Counterattack line : SKost-Metro-D'agostini/Bergeron

Markov-O'Byrn

Hammer-Spacek

Bergy/Gill-Gorges

By the way i got a question (totally unrelated one) I've been punched with a hockey glove before, and it hurts but is it worse than a bare knuckle punch when on the ice?.....hinting to: why does fighting entitle dropping the gloves, if the league made it mandatory for fighting to be done with gloves on would it screw it or solve the busted wrists and fingers conundrum?

Poulet? LOL

Bare knuckles hurt way more than a hockey glove. Bones, my friends, are one of the hardest thing around. Not to mention that the impact isnt dispersed around as in a big glove.

Poulet? LOL

Bare knuckles hurt way more than a hockey glove. Bones, my friends, are one of the hardest thing around. Not to mention that the impact isnt dispersed around as in a big glove.

yeah Chicken :lol: ... In quebec we called everyone with Poul--- last names Poulet

Wait, hasnt Stewart has already been waived and sent down?

And we all forgot about D'Agostini too!

Sooo...

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta

Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen

Kostitsyn-Lapierre-D'Agostini

Pyatt, White, Laraque

Markov-Mara

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gill-O'Byrne

Bergeron, Gorges

Headaches coming up...

yeah Chicken :lol: ... In quebec we called everyone with Poul--- last names Poulet

From where I'm from (Rimouski), guys are nicknamed by the first syllable of their last name, plus a contracted "Le" in front. So Pouliot = L'Pou (The Pou).

Other regions just use the first syllable with the first consonant of the next syllable. So Pouliot = Poul.

Big Ben is the other nickname I've seen for Pouliot. Betcha it'll stick here.

Just as long as we dont have the very unoriginal "y" sticked at the end. "Pouly" sounds awful.

Pouliot could very well get a chance on the Gomez-Gio line on my team, but I'd have to give the first go to Pacioretty. Patches has been exciting as hell this year and he's really been putting it together. The only reason I can see to not throw pacioretty on that line is because he seems to be playing well with metro.

edit:

nothing too original, but:

Cammy-Plex-AK46

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Pouliot-Metro-SK

Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen

Markov-O'Byrne

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gorges/Gill-Bergeron

Price

Halak

send D'Agostini down if possible, otherwise maybe you can get a draft pick for him and Chips

Markov-O'Byrne

Hamrlik-Spacek

Gorges/Gill-Bergeron

No Mara?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Pouliot - Metropolit - Pacioretty

White - Lapierre - Moen

D'Agostini, Laraque (Pyatt sent down)

Markov - Mara

Hamrlik - Spacek

O'Byrne - Gill

Bergeron, Gorges

However, unless Mara is re-signed in January, I expect he'll be traded. Expiring contract, good cap hit... playoff teams should be all over him. So I guess, Simonus, your d lines may end up being correct.

Edited by Trizzak

No Mara?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Pouliot - Metropolit - Pacioretty

White - Lapierre - Moen

D'Agostini, Laraque (Pyatt sent down)

Markov - Mara

Hamrlik - Spacek

O'Byrne - Gill

Bergeron, Gorges

However, unless Mara is re-signed in January, I expect he'll be traded. Expiring contract, good cap hit... playoff teams should be all over him. So I guess, Simonus, your d lines may end up being correct.

I think in order to secure Plek and Price, Mara will not be re signed. Hopefully O'byrne can carry the weight.

From where I'm from (Rimouski), guys are nicknamed by the first syllable of their last name, plus a contracted "Le" in front. So Pouliot = L'Pou (The Pou).

Other regions just use the first syllable with the first consonant of the next syllable. So Pouliot = Poul.

Big Ben is the other nickname I've seen for Pouliot. Betcha it'll stick here.

Just as long as we dont have the very unoriginal "y" sticked at the end. "Pouly" sounds awful.

HA!... I have a few friends in/around/near Siberia (RImouski), hehe

What's gunna happen:

When fans see that Pouliot does not score more than 20 goals playing on a top line, they will forget that he has not been able to secure a stable roster spot in Minnesota and will crucify Gainey for the trade.

Edited by ForumGhost

What's gunna happen:

When fans see that Pouliot does not score more than 20 goals playing on a top line, they will forget that he has not been able to secure a stable roster spot in Minnesota and will crucify Gainey for the trade.

At least he won't have lead in his skates and there wont be POUUUU chants when he goes for a hit