Cammalleri - Gomez - A. Kostitsyn

Pacioretty - Gomez - S. Kostitsyn

Pyatt - Lapierre - White

Moen - Metropolit - D'Agostini

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gorges - Mara

Bergeron - O'Byrne

Price (confirmed starter)

Gill is healthy and ready to go but was a healthy scratch last night.

Projected Boston (14-8-5) Lineup:

Sturm - Bergeron - Recchi

Wheeler - Savard - Bitz

Sobotka - Krejci - Ryder

Paille - Begin - Thornton

Chara - Morris (Chara didn't practice but is expected to play)

Ference - Wideman

Stuart - Hunwick

Thomas (confirmed starter)

Vladimir Sobotka is questionable for this game due to an illness; if he can't go, look for a quick recall out of Providence as they are only carrying the minimum skaters on their roster.

Puck drop is set for approximately 8 PM tonight with the pregame ceremonies beginning about 2 hours earlier.

TV: RDS, CBC, NHL-Net (US only), NESN

Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of thelucky few! I managed to get my ticket for this game. I just hope the boys show up to compete. Even if they lose to the Bruins, all I ask is that they compete and make it close!!

Edited by Habsfan

You have to figure that Gill will get his chance to return tonight. I'd personally like to see Gorges get a night in the press box, he's more expendable than MAB until Markov returns.

You have to figure that Gill will get his chance to return tonight. I'd personally like to see Gorges get a night in the press box, he's more expendable than MAB until Markov returns.

Can't see that happening after he scored one for the Habs and stopped another one from going in for Buffalo. My gut tells me if someone's scratched, it'll be O'Byrne.

Quick note on Gill that I just found:

Hal Gill was one of a handful of Canadiens to participate in an optional skate this morning. Gill, who has missed 14 games with a broken foot, said he is ready to play tonight. Gill said the final decision will be up to Jacques Martin, but the ex-Bruin made it sound like he'll be in the lineup.

I feel more than obligated to post this here... my apologies in advance for the length:

Statement by Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff on the 100th anniversary of the Montreal Canadiens

OTTAWA - Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff made the following statement on the 100th anniversary of the Montreal Canadiens:

One hundred years ago today, the Montreal Canadiens were born. Ever since then, this hockey team has won the Stanley Cup twenty-four times – more than any other team in the NHL – a feat of mythical proportion.

Many legends of hockey have been part of this team over the years: Howie Morenz, Jacques Plante, Maurice Richard, Jean Béliveau, Ken Dryden, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy and so many more, all of whom made their mark on the Canadiens in their own way, and on the world of sports in Canada.

Our five dollar bill shows how passionate Canadians are about hockey with an image of a scene from Roch Carrier’s poem, reminding us of the extent to which this team has marked the collective imagination of our country. The Canadiens are known across the country and their legend has reached even beyond our borders.

On this hundredth anniversary, the only thing we can wish for them is another Stanley Cup. Go Habs Go!

On behalf of the Liberal Party of Canada and our Parliamentary caucus, happy one hundredth birthday, Les Habitants!”

Edited by nhfarber

Please Mike

Please Tomas

Please Andrei

Please Scott

Please Tom

Please Ryan

Please Max

Please Glen

Please Travis

Please Maxim

Please Matt

Please Sergei

Please Roman

Please Jaroslav

Please Ryan

Please Josh

Please Paul

Please Marc-André

Please Carey

Centennial Game. In Montreal. Vs Boston. In front of 65 alumnis.

They better win that f***ing game. Time for Martin to get this team in the next gear. I'm tired, they're showing no improvement since Game 1.

Wrong. Pyatt, White, Max Pac, Sergei, Metro and Plekanec improved since Game 1.

How can you expect the collective play to improve when every regular all stars players (but Camm) were out of the lineup ?

Put a UFA team together and try to build something from scratch, that was the plan. The plan got ######ed up on Game 1...

I think he may mean effort and playing the game right. Obviously the current roster isn't as talented as a healthy one. But they can at least show up and try. Effort is something you CAN control.

My guess: seven defensemen to dress for tonight's game. Hall Gill will be the 7th.

Pyatt won't play. Bergeron will play left wing on the 4th line and the PP.

It's gonna be another tough one. I hope the celebrations don't distract the players too much, but I don't see how it won't.

The key is Price. We need a very strong performance in the net from start to finish. My opinion is that, although we had a very bad game yesterday, it could have been different if Halak had not been boxing the puck all night. I don't blame him: he hadn't played for three weeks. Still, if he had hold the fort a little better, the outcome would have been different.

Not to say that the Habs would have won, but it could have been closer.

JMHO

Here's an interesting excerp from Jacques Demers' column on rds.ca!

Partout où j'ai travaillé, on me donnait un boni quand je gagnais une série mais quand je suis arrivé à Montréal, Serge Savard a refusé de me donner une clause de boni pour la première ronde parce qu'il disait que lui, il visait plus haut. Je n'ai pas été insulté. J'ai juste compris qu'à Montréal, on visait toujours plus haut.

He basically says that everywhere he had worked as a coach before arriving in Montreal, the organization would give him a bonus if his team passed the first round of the play-offs. He says that when he arrived in Montreal, Serge Savard refused to add a clause giving Demers a bonus if he won the 1st round. Demers goes on to say that it's at that moment he realised he was playing in a different place. That winning the first round meant nothing. That in this city, only the cup matters!

The key is Price. We need a very strong performance in the net from start to finish.

Normally i'd agree with you, but even if Price has a great game, and lets in 2 goals on 37 shots (which we all agree would be considered a great performance) there's almost no chance our boys can win it! The offence is simply not producing anything lately. We have a hard time scoring more than 1 or 2 goals!

It would be nice to win a game 6 - 1 or 5 - 1!

I've amended our lines in the first post based on what TSN has them showing as in their Ice Chips feature. In other news, Markov took part in the optional skate today, that's a good sign.

Oh yeah? We've cloned Gomez? :P

Normally i'd agree with you, but even if Price has a great game, and lets in 2 goals on 37 shots (which we all agree would be considered a great performance) there's almost no chance our boys can win it! The offence is simply not producing anything lately. We have a hard time scoring more than 1 or 2 goals!

It would be nice to win a game 6 - 1 or 5 - 1!

Hey! let's be a little more optimistic. It's our team. We can score goals. We just need a few breaks, more confidence and better communication on the ice.

two jersey retirements tonight!

Elmer Lach and Butch Bouchard.

Didn't see that coming.

What?? Are you serious? That would be Cool!

I was there when they retired Cournoyer and Moore, it would be nice to see two more hall of famers have their numbers retired!

Looks Like Ryan O'byrne is gonna have to look for a new number!