Any news on Pouliot?

TheDriveFor25

Last time I checked, your thighs were part of your legs.

The guys was a project pick, he is a roll of the dice acquisition and he has a reputation of being lazy.

Hearing that he has rail thin legs makes me nervous.

I am not setting myself up. Either he will impress me and win me over, or he will not.

Fair enough. Just saying that from my own experience, legs on hockey players look small because the calves usually are really small. I mentioned Ovie cause I saw him in underarmor pants on the ice warming up once, and his legs looked small, but upon closer inspection, his thighs were huge near the top, as well as having a huge ass. His legs just looked small.

I played AAA midget, was big and fast (but had no hands), and was told all my life (still now) that I have small/thin legs. So to me, when I hear someone say a hockey player has thin legs, it really doesn't alarm me. Especially on a guy who's 6'2".

I realized last night that I actually played against Pouliot in the Tournoi Franco-Ontarien in high school the year before he went to the Sudbury Wolves.

Cool story, seb.

Wamsley's right, though, not necessarily about chicken legs :lol: but that a certain healthy scepticism is the appropriate approach to Pouliot. He has a track record of failure up until now (unlike Latendresse, who had proven himself to be a solid third-liner in the NHL). It's a Gainey gamble, but damn, we're overdue for one of those to pay off.

Cool story, seb.

Wamsley's right, though, not necessarily about chicken legs :lol: but that a certain healthy scepticism is the appropriate approach to Pouliot. He has a track record of failure up until now (unlike Latendresse, who had proven himself to be a solid third-liner in the NHL). It's a Gainey gamble, but damn, we're overdue for one of those to pay off.

Thanks.

And agreed. Does anyone know what kind of chance he was given in Minnesota? I mean, was he playing with Gaborik or Koivu at all, or left to elevate a line on his own. I imagine, based on the fact that he's been in Lemaire's system, that he's been pushed to play defense first hockey and not to worry too much about scoring. So like Latendresse is getting a chance to play with (almost) no scrutiny, he's done alright in the first few games, maybe Pouliot will find his niche on a line with a skill player like Gomez (and Gionta when he returns) where he's counted on to make offensive plays and be a worthwhile addition. Like you say, we're definitely due, and I think a 22 year old 4th overall pick is as good a gamble as any.

I have always suported Gui, and I think we will be very sorry that he was traded. He was brought in too soon. He should be in his rookie or sophmore year right now. Instead he's a fourth year guy that got to play with grinders the whole time. I hope I am proven wrong, but I think Gui will have a better career than Benny Poulet legs.

Wasnt Chad Kilger a 4th overall pick too?

Just asking... ^_^ Trading Lats for Pou makes me hope badly that he succeeds in Montreal.

Don't worry: we're due for some luck and Pouliot might well be the kind of player he was supposed to be all along. As for Guillaume, I wish him well. He is a Quebec guy, and so am I. It doesn't mean that Pouliot won't help. The big plus in this trade is the speed and abilities of this player. He won't stay long on the 4th line. As soon as he'll be back in shape, Martin will give him good partners. I see him with Gomez and Sergei or Cammi on the right side. This would make a fast moving threesome.

Go Ben Go!

Edited by JCPetit

Apparently the kid doesn't want to fv.ck up his first game with the Habs. He said he'd rather wait and few extra days and make sure his hand is 100%. He said: "You only get one chance to make a good first impression!"

I have always suported Gui, and I think we will be very sorry that he was traded. He was brought in too soon. He should be in his rookie or sophmore year right now. Instead he's a fourth year guy that got to play with grinders the whole time. I hope I am proven wrong, but I think Gui will have a better career than Benny Poulet legs.

Agreed. I also believe we gave up on him too soon, but time will tell! One thing is for certain, Gui has a solid lead on Pouliot (in terms of games played and Points accumulated in the NHL).

anybody know why Pouliot doesn't appear on the roster for last night's Hamilton game?

Mentioned it in the GDT yesterday, here's what I got from a Canadian Press report:

Benoit Pouliot wasn't dressed for Hamilton. The Montreal Canadiens assigned the 23-year-old forward to the Bulldogs on Thursday for a conditioning stint after acquiring him in a trade with the Minnesota Wild for Guillaume Latendresse. "He's on the verge of being ready, but until we get the green light from our therapist, we won't put him on the ice," said Hamilton coach Guy Boucher.