GDT: Flyers vs Canadiens

dlbalr

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by most of our boys! Pacioretty was awesome out there!

I especially loved how the Habs came out strong in the second to take the lead away from the Flyers! Gill and Gorges were great on the PK once more and Plekanec picked up 2 more points.

Bergeron's shot from the point on the PP far outweighs his defensive mistakes!

I think the only guy who made a few bonehead mistakes was Gomez who coughed up the puck on a couple of occasions!

Nice win. Our boys gave a good effort tonight, and that's all I ask of them!

Edited by Habsfan

I especially loved how the Habs came out strong in teh second to take the lead away from the Flyers! Gill and Gorges were great on the PK one more and Plekanec picked up 2 more points.

Bergeron's shot from teh point on the PP far outweighs his defensive mistakes!

I thikn the only guy who made a few bonehead mistakes was Gomez who coughed up the puck on a couple of occasions!

I like Gill - Gorges as a pairing. Gorges chases, Gill stays. Mara tended to chase as well. Josh needs a more passive, steady compliment to his aggressive defending style. When Markov returns, I'd see what he can do with O'Byrne and leave Hamrlik-Spacek together.

Waidaminit. Isn't this the worst edition of the Habs EVER? Aren't we in a horrible rebuild with little to no talent? Didn't Gainey do a HORRIBLE job this summer?

Tied for 8th.

I especially loved how the Habs came out strong in teh second to take the lead away from the Flyers! Gill and Gorges were great on the PK one more and Plekanec picked up 2 more points.

Bergeron's shot from teh point on the PP far outweighs his defensive mistakes!

I thikn the only guy who made a few bonehead mistakes was Gomez who coughed up the puck on a couple of occasions!

ya but gomez' backcheck stopped a sure goal. i only caught the 2nd and 3rd but i was very impressed with their defensive play tonight.

Waidaminit. Isn't this the worst edition of the Habs EVER? Aren't we in a horrible rebuild with little to no talent? Didn't Gainey do a HORRIBLE job this summer?

Tied for 8th.

Well, not really. More like tied for 9th:

Montreal: 14-14-2

NYR: 14-14-1

NYI: 11-11-7

Philly: 13-13-1

That's a lot of .500 teams! Tampa is in 8th at 11-10-8. 8 loser points already... yeesh.

This is the first time we've won two in a row in regulation. Only took 30 games! :blink:

Certainly not a nice game, but a win nonetheless -- and in regular time. Two in a row, in fact.

It's probably the easiest game Price has had the whole year, including the 2nd half of last season. Good for him.

The forwards did not have a good game. They weren't moving their feet like Friday, against Boston. Don't know, maybe the emotional level was not the same...

Anyhow, our defensemen played a strong game in their zone. Penalty killing was excellent.

We will need to be better to win against the Senators tomorrow. I am quite sure that the players are well aware of that.

Two weeks, three a the most, and Gionta will be back. It should help Gomez who was struggling tonight.

I see Markov in the line-up in three weeks too. Hell! he already skates with the boys; three more weeks of practicing should get him ready to dress up.

Oh! I forgot. Pouliot should be available later this week. That should help.

My 3 highlights of the game :

1. Jacques Demers calling " James Van Ram Dick ".

2. Myself saying to my friend "Ok, M.A.B. Goal, Right Now" 3 seconds before his goal.

3. Benoit Brunet calling out Mike Richards " Richards joue une des plus mauvaises partie que j'ai vue".

:popcorn:

Well, not really. More like tied for 9th:

Montreal: 14-14-2

NYR: 14-14-1

NYI: 11-11-7

Philly: 13-13-1

That's a lot of .500 teams! Tampa is in 8th at 11-10-8. 8 loser points already... yeesh.

This is the first time we've won two in a row in regulation. Only took 30 games! :blink:

Huh?? They're tied for 8th. It's not an opinion, it's the standings, it's even in tsn's story about the game.

BTW, Habs established a new team record: fewest shots on goals (by both teams) in a game = 28

Previous record: 31, vs Calgary, in December... 1993!

I hope we set a new record as well, being the first team to ever win a game when having only 1 shot on goal in the 1rst period...

Huh?? They're tied for 8th. It's not an opinion, it's the standings, it's even in tsn's story about the game.

Not technically. Technically, Tampa is in 8th. There are tiebreakers, and Tampa holds the first one: fewer games played. Tiebreakers mean they aren't tied.

I was just pointing out that by points percentage, they're in a tie for 9th. Those other teams we're tied with have just played less games, but all are .500.

Not technically. Technically, Tampa is in 8th. There are tiebreakers, and Tampa holds the first one: fewer games played. Tiebreakers mean they aren't tied.

I was just pointing out that by points percentage, they're in a tie for 9th. Those other teams we're tied with have just played less games, but all are .500.

And yet, by points, they're tied for 8th. Playoffs don't start tomorrow, so it doesn't matter about tie breakers. That they're tied for the last playoff spot, in points, is a lot higher than a lot of people on these boards could ever believe.

The fact that you fight the indisputable fact that they're tied for 8th in the conference in points kinda lends to that. ;) Just saying. :P

Had to watch the express version tonight. What a super play by Laps! We didn't play a wonderful game, but we did show some talent out there and slut that I am , I'll take the 2 points!