GDT: Flyers vs Canadiens

dlbalr

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good friend of mine; a pilot; had a saying that I remembered after watching the game tonight...

he said. " a safe landing no matter how bad flight or how terrible the touchdown is a, GOOD LANDING " So in honor of my friend who is now retired and enjoying his golden years much like our beloved Canadiens of yester-year. Let me just say this, last night was not a perfect game nor was it an outstanding effort, but it was a GOOD GAME!

GO HABS GO!

+1 to Laps for a very nice curl and drag to setup Cammy!

A good friend of mine; a pilot; had a saying that I remembered after watching the game tonight...

he said. " a safe landing no matter how bad flight or how terrible the touchdown is a, GOOD LANDING " So in honor of my friend who is now retired and enjoying his golden years much like our beloved Canadiens of yester-year. Let me just say this, last night was not a perfect game nor was it an outstanding effort, but it was a GOOD GAME!

GO HABS GO!

+1 to Laps for a very nice curl and drag to setup Cammy!

I loved Cammalleri's reaction just looked back after he sheathed his stick and said NICEEEEEEEEE.

It was a Jacques Martin game plan game, the Habs blocked somehow 28 shots on that game.

Flyers D played the same game plan with Laviolette.

Boring, yeah but interesting yes, i like to watch who can play the MArtin system as a forward.

- Moen is the best player for that kind of game, i would have gave him a 3 star

The surprises, Sergei K, really plays great PK and position himself ahead of his man covered 5-5,

made the transition play pretty by crafting plays not getting rid of the puck.

Yeah it's amazing how Gill is slow but he knows is flaws pretty much more than anyone else. Somehow

he get's the job done, it's not pretty but it works 90% of the time.

Even Laraque looks ok there when he plays the system. On one play everybody was tired he took the puck

threw it in reach and skate to it behind the goalie and all players had time to switch and put pressure.

Deceptions, lack of guts, with Boucher in the net it could have ended 8-1 if they shot the net and challenged

the centre of the ice, Flyers D owned it.

Mara out, good we had a 7th D fot the job. But it stinks having another D hurt. These guys cannot play +22 minutes all the time.

I'm probably alone on this take, but I'd like to see Markov play with Bergeron. At the very least, on the powerplay.

That's what will most likely happen! Bergeron will play with Markov on the PP and they'll probably pair Markov with O'byrne the rest of the time. If Markov was able to make Komisarek look good, I think he can do the same with O'Byrne. (mostly because I think that O'Byrne has more offensive potential)

So? What's that have to do with breaking the record now?

The idea is that if they repeat or come close to something, anything that can be used to invoke the magical year of 1993 is a good omen for this season. I believe it was an ironic comment :-)

Spacek and Hamrlik looked real good, too bad they can't play 60 minutes. With Mara out O'Byrne and MAB will be getting abused all night. especially on the road.

Pacioretty's game is coming along nicely, i think 1 more year he'll be a top 6 guy for sure.

Price was solid, faced very few chances but had a few big saves.

I'm not sure i understand Sk, Gomez and D'Agi line, 2 set up guys and someone who floats around.

13 shots is simply pathetic, i can't beleive they won like that but 2 points is 2 points.

I'll shoot for the moon and say they'll get 20 shots tonight.

I also go with Halak, bring Price back Thursday, they have alot of games the rest of the month.

True that I missed a good portion of the 1st period, but I did watch all of the 2nd and all of the 3rd, and I thought this was a pretty good game. the flow was pretty good, lots of back and forth. I don't get why many people are saying that it was a boring game?

True for Gomez Sergei and D'Agostini but Lapierre took D'agostini

job for a few shift.

2 games in two night is tough on a goalie but Price is the hot goalie

right now and the Sens are playing the rebound a lot. No Halak there

for me, maybe against Atlanta next week end.

True for Gomez Sergei and D'Agostini but Lapierre took D'agostini

job for a few shift.

2 games in two night is tough on a goalie but Price is the hot goalie

right now and the Sens are playing the rebound a lot. No Halak there

for me, maybe against Atlanta next week end.

I think Lapierre was there to protect the lead, and with Bergeron going to D Martin went with 3 lines and put his 9 best forwards out there. D'Ago is on borrowed time as a regular.

I think Lapierre was there to protect the lead, and with Bergeron going to D Martin went with 3 lines and put his 9 best forwards out there. D'Ago is on borrowed time as a regular.

I'd keep Laps there for tonight; Mara and Dago scratched, Pyatt and White inserted to make the 4th line with Laraque.

Camm-Plex-AK

SK-Gomez-Laps

Pac-Metro-Mo

White-Pyatt-BGL

Patrick came back from an appendicitus to give one of his greatest all-time performances, but the Habs still lost that series. :wacko:

:clap:

Yep, Habs were outshot 41-15 but won 5-2, then in Game 5 were outshot 61-36 but won 2-1 on a Muller OT winner.

The Habs were outshot 102-51, yet won both games. Games easily forgotten from Canadiens lore because they lost the series.

Edited by Wamsley01

:clap:

Yep, Habs were outshot 41-15 but won 5-2, then in Game 5 were outshot 61-36 but won 2-1 on a Muller OT winner.

The Habs were outshot 102-51, yet won both games. Games easily forgotten from Canadiens lore because they lost the series.

Incredible performances by Roy. Aislin, The Gazette's brilliant editorial cartoonist, drew a cartoon of Roy filling the entire net. :lol: Sadly (if understandably) Saint Patrick flamed out in game 7. (For some reason, what I remember of that game was Brisebois poking a guy with his stick and receiving a devastating retailatory whack that had him crumple like a house of cards. It seemed to be a metaphor for the whole series). I also remember Roy's being asked whether the team could win if he played merely "human." Roy's reply: dat's a good question...followed by lethal, accusatory silence. Yikes! (However, my memories could be hazy here - I'm sure Wamsley can set me straight if I've got the chronology wrong).

Incredible performances by Roy. Aislin, The Gazette's brilliant editorial cartoonist, drew a cartoon of Roy filling the entire net. :lol: Sadly (if understandably) Saint Patrick flamed out in game 7. (For some reason, what I remember of that game was Brisebois poking a guy with his stick and receiving a devastating retailatory whack that had him crumple like a house of cards. It seemed to be a metaphor for the whole series). I also remember Roy's being asked whether the team could win if he played merely "human." Roy's reply: dat's a good question...followed by lethal, accusatory silence. Yikes! (However, my memories could be hazy here - I'm sure Wamsley can set me straight if I've got the chronology wrong).

I can't beleive I had forgotten about those games. I remember Roy coming back from his appendicitis, but I had forgotten how that seres was lost!

Thanks for refreshing my memory!

I can't beleive I had forgotten about those games. I remember Roy coming back from his appendicitis, but I had forgotten how that seres was lost!

Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Happy to help

I don't remember the Brisebois thing, I do remember that the Bruins got up big in Game 7.

4-0 I believe and the Habs scored a goal late in the second to provide hope, the Bourque blew

one by Roy top shelf to make it 5-1 and the Cup defense was OVER!

They scored 2 late goals to make it respectable, but they were blown off the ice.

The series was actually lost in Game 6. Coming off two miraculous performances by Roy and

a chance to win it at home, the fell behind 2-0, tied it and then lost the game 3-2 midway through the 3rd.

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/pobox...e.cgi?O19940040

The shots were not lopsided at all in the final 2 games, but that might have been because the Bruins

jumped out to early leads. Ultimately, it is a series they should have won, but the Tugnutt game broke their

back. The Habs had all types of problems winning in Boston in the late 80s-90s and actually won TWICE in

this series, yet still lost.