Injury thread

Habsfan

Hey, I thought it would be good to have an Injury thread. Where we could come to get news on injured players(ie: type of injury, date of return...)

So do we know when Gionta is supposed to return?

I know that Markov is supposed to come back at some point in January, but I think Gomez would really like to see Gionta back ASAP!

Edited by Habsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect Markov will be back before January given how he's already travelling and practicing with the team.

I thought Gionta would be back just before Christmas, but given that we haven't heard anything I think it'll be after.

Hopefully Spacek isn't out too long. Mara... his -13, 0 goals and 7 points through 30 games shouldn't be missed with a healthy team, but he's a warm body as long as Spacek and Markov aren't in the lineup.

Might see Pouliot tomorrow or on Saturday.

I suspect Markov will be back before January given how he's already travelling and practicing with the team.

I thought Gionta would be back just before Christmas, but given that we haven't heard anything I think it'll be after.

Hopefully Spacek isn't out too long. Mara... his -13, 0 goals and 7 points through 30 games shouldn't be missed with a healthy team, but he's a warm body as long as Spacek and Markov aren't in the lineup.

Might see Pouliot tomorrow or on Saturday.

I'm shocked by Mara's +/-. In my mind, he is a very solid, useful player, a canny pick-up by Bob. But that stats don't bear that out.

Spacek, that's another grave body blow. But if you look at his track record, it was only a matter of time before he got hurt. The best we can hope for is that it's only a few games and that MAB et al. can play over their heads temporarily to compensate for those lost minutes. Meanwhile, we'd better just pray to the good Lord that Hamrlik stays healthy. If he goes down, the ship goes down with him.

What did Roy say about Gionta?

He basically said that Gionta being out is the biggest reason the Habs are struggling. Yes, he completely ignored Markov being out.

Gionta was terrific out there. I am pretty happy with the way the team keeps struggling through , given the key injuries. I like this team.

Uncle Bob is a GENIUS! :blink:

Spacek and Mara were not at practice today, however, SK74 and MaxPac were there.

I thought Gionta would be back by now? How long has he been out? 4 weeks?

Edited by Habsfan

Medical Watch from Yahoo Sprots;

• D Jaroslav Spacek took a shot off the inside of his right knee in the first period of the Dec. 8 game in Ottawa. There was no immediate word on the extent of the injury.

• D Paul Mara left the Dec. 7 game against Philadelphia with an upper-body injury. There was no immediate word on the extent of the injury, but he did not accompany the team to Ottawa for the Dec. 8 game.

• RW Brian Gionta(notes) was a last-minute scratch for the Nov. 14 game in Nashville. Subsequent tests showed that he suffered a broken bone in his foot when he stopped a puck in the Nov. 3 game against Nashville. The Canadiens said he will be out indefinitely.

• D Andrei Markov was cut on the leg by G Carey Price’s skate in the Oct. 1 season opener in Toronto. He had surgery to replace damaged tendons and has resumed skating with the team. The Canadiens said he’ll be out until February, but Markov said his goal is to return sometime in January.

• C Benoit Pouliot(notes), who was acquired from Minnesota in a trade on Nov. 23, has a wrist injury. He’s listed as day-to-day and has begun practicing with the team.

Let's hope it's Pouliot.

I hope not D'agi, he is brutal. Will they lose him to waivers? Is that why he isn't down in Hamilton.

Yep. But coming off his knee/concussion, they probably should have sent him down for conditioning for two weeks in Hamilton. But they were desperate to have some healthy bodies return, so they didn't.

I knew he was skating, but scrimmaging already?

"There was a surprise addition to the Montreal Canadiens' practice on Wednesday morning as defenceman Andrei Markov scrimmaged with the team for the first time suffering lacerated tendons during the Habs' first game of the season on Oct. 1."

From TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=301678

Speculation is that Spacek may be able to play tonight.

The Canadiens Facebook group says Spacek's spot in the line up is confirmed. Sources don't get more legit than that.