Injury thread

Habsfan

Correct, he's in Hamilton and off the cap. Speaking of the cap, here's hoping they don't call anyone up. I've resigned myself to the fact that management appears to be uncaring with regards to the fact they're staring down a reduced salary cap next season, but hopefully they don't make a needless recall to lower it by even more. Sergei's back in a week, he takes the spot on the Cammalleri-Plekanec line. Status quo until then.

ahh ok, I wasn't sure if that was the case. I figured if I put that up here somebody would set me straight. :P

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, White recalled. ;)

Heh, but Laraque was apparently injured, so my point remains "if Andrei is the only one out, there will be no recall".

White is back down, so obviously they care a lot about the lack of cap space. I expect White will be back if neither Sergei or BGL can go on Thursday.

Heh, but Laraque was apparently injured, so my point remains "if Andrei is the only one out, there will be no recall".

White is back down, so obviously they care a lot about the lack of cap space. I expect White will be back if neither Sergei or BGL can go on Thursday.

I heard SK will likely miss two more games. Which would really suck! But even if he is in, I'd sit the Dog and play White.

I heard SK will likely miss two more games. Which would really suck! But even if he is in, I'd sit the Dog and play White.

I would too, but we know Martin won't do that. He doesn't bench veterans for rookies. Even if it that veteran is Georges Laraque.

Reduced cap?? that hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

Correct, but the Habs are in line to be penalized for finishing this season over the cap. As of right now, they're projected to finish more than $600,000 over the cap; whatever that amount is comes off of next year's cap. That's what I meant by reduced cap.

I would too, but we know Martin won't do that. He doesn't bench veterans for rookies. Even if it that veteran is Georges Laraque.

White is back to Hamilton. Dag will get his chance. Let's be patient here. He's been injured and may take sometime to feel 100%. Don't forget that AK46 looked real bad for 30 games before he finally came to life. Right now, I'd say that Dag looks better than Andrei two months ago.

White is back to Hamilton. Dag will get his chance. Let's be patient here. He's been injured and may take sometime to feel 100%. Don't forget that AK46 looked real bad for 30 games before he finally came to life. Right now, I'd say that Dag looks better than Andrei two months ago.

Ah, I confused who he was talking about. I thought he meant BGL. Ideally for D'Agostini I think he needs to be on the 3rd (or 4th) line with a bigger centre, not in a top 6 role with the current guys. Maybe a Pacioretty-Lapierre-D'Agostini line would work. Bergeron-Metropolit-Moen as the 3rd with AK46 out and SK74 back playing with Cammalleri and Plekanec?

White is a NHL option next year, but right now he's serving his role as the top callup quite well.

dblar... with our cap situation, would trading Mara solve the overage problem? I don't know if that's the best solution, but it is a possible one. I haven't run the numbers myself in a while, I'm behind.

dblar... with our cap situation, would trading Mara solve the overage problem? I don't know if that's the best solution, but it is a possible one. I haven't run the numbers myself in a while, I'm behind.

I'm a few days behind in mine too but I believe it would get rid of the overage, but only by about $150,000 before after season adjustments.

• 3 weeks later...
In the meantime, rumblings are that it's an ACL injury and that if all goes well, he'll be ready to go for training camp. We'll know more tomorrow I'm sure.

The rumblings in Montreal are always worst case scenario regarding injury. Of course, they're usually accurate. :angry:

In Bob we trust.

All together now...

Speak for yourself :lol:

Can we all agree, at least, that Gainey, whatever his failings, really hasn't been very lucky in his tenure so far? Give him that much at least.

I tore my acl/ lcl and was in serious pain.. 95% of the time your knee locks for a few minutes from your nervous system schocking your brain with the news of the rupture. which is why players stay down for a good 3 minutes b4 attempting to get up

with that said i watched 3 of my teammates do the same (soccer btw) as well as watched viduca do it in the euro's, ronaldo twice, and koivu way back when for that matter.....

i'm not playing down the injury but camm's did try to stand up so my initial assumption is it is not a complete rupture.... but what the hell do i know.............

I tore my acl/ lcl and was in serious pain.. 95% of the time your knee locks for a few minutes from your nervous system schocking your brain with the news of the rupture. which is why players stay down for a good 3 minutes b4 attempting to get up

with that said i watched 3 of my teammates do the same (soccer btw) as well as watched viduca do it in the euro's, ronaldo twice, and koivu way back when for that matter.....

i'm not playing down the injury but camm's did try to stand up so my initial assumption is it is not a complete rupture.... but what the hell do i know.............

Speaking from experience (I've torn my ACL before), you can stand up within a couple minutes of the injury (I tried to as soon as I went down but as you noted simply couldn't); heck, I tried to play through it (something I don't recommend in hindsight). :) The report I saw was that it was an ACL tear, here's hoping it was wrong.

Speaking from experience (I've torn my ACL before), you can stand up within a couple minutes of the injury (I tried to as soon as I went down but as you noted simply couldn't); heck, I tried to play through it (something I don't recommend in hindsight). :) The report I saw was that it was an ACL tear, here's hoping it was wrong.

i cringed when he went down!!! feeling his pain... i just hope it wasnt fully torn as his game will never be the same again

I am still paying, and always will be, for a torn up knee I suffered in nets once. Folded the knee sideways, skate touched my side by the rib cage. It has never been the same, but his wasn't near that bad. He is gone for a good while though, I would say, and I can tell anyone who hasn't gone through ACL/MCL tears, that it hurts like hell. I hope the diagnosis is better than I fear, and i feel his pain tonight. In hindsite,living out my life with a gimpy knee...I made that save! Paddle outstretched reaching back...what I way to end my playing days!

Fingers crossed for the docs report.

i cringed when he went down!!! feeling his pain... i just hope it wasnt fully torn as his game will never be the same again

Most times that is the case but some players do bounce back nicely...can't think of one off the top of my head, but I remember saying before, "He's toast with his ACL blown" only to eat crow later on. If this is true, hopefully he's part of the few who bounce back fine.

Most times that is the case but some players do bounce back nicely...can't think of one off the top of my head, but I remember saying before, "He's toast with his ACL blown" only to eat crow later on. If this is true, hopefully he's part of the few who bounce back fine.

Remember when Koivu and Forsberg were #1 and #2 in league in scoring in Koivu's 2nd or 3rd year and then he blew out his knee. Was never the same guy again.

Let's hope that Cammy's injury isn't as serious and he is able to bounce back!

Remember when Koivu and Forsberg were #1 and #2 in league in scoring in Koivu's 2nd or 3rd year and then he blew out his knee. Was never the same guy again.

Let's hope that Cammy's injury isn't as serious and he is able to bounce back!

So few people remember just how dominant Koivu was before that tragic injury. He was a budding superstar. Talk about rotten luck.

If Cammy's injury is like that, what with his cap hit and all, I think I'll go fetal.

So few people remember just how dominant Koivu was before that tragic injury. He was a budding superstar. Talk about rotten luck.

If Cammy's injury is like that, what with his cap hit and all, I think I'll go fetal.

I don't even want to think about that. If Cammy's injury is that bad, we could be seeing a return to the late 90's type of success again (or lack thereof).

Ever since the Roy trade, I honestly don't think any team has had such bad luck with injuries. I can't remember the exact injuries, but i remember in the late 90's and early 2000's the habs were actually setting records for serious injuries and number of man games lost as a team to injuries.

Some of the ones I can remember at the top of my head are the following:

Koivu- knee, cancer, near blindness + various other injuries

Savage - can't even remember, but do remember him losing a lot of time shoulder/consucsions?

Zednik - never the same after almost being decapitated against the burins (then almost getting killed as a panther)

Audette - sliced hand/wrist/can't remember exactly

Malakhov- knee injuries after finally showing signs of being a top dman ended up being gone for most of at least one year

Rucincky- was gone for a big chunk of a year

Souray- shoulder/wrist over a number of years

Lang - sliced tenden

Markov - last year and this year

Higgins - don't remeber the injuries, but lost quite a few games

Komi- shoulder

Gionta - foot

Cammy - knee/ankle??