Injury thread

Habsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't markov will play tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Gill play! We need him on the PK and to check Crosby!

Edited by Habsfan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a quick update on Markov. Apparently he is skating at the Bell Complex In Brossard, and according to to Mathias Brunet, he is skating pretty damn well. There are no signs that he had surgery not too long ago. There's a good chance he might be back before the season starts!

here's the link

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/2010/09/...ueil_ECRAN1POS3

Edited by Habsfan

Here's a quick update on Markov. Apparently he is skating at the Bell Complex In Brossard, and according to to Mathias Brunet, he is skating pretty damn well. There are no signs that he had surgery not too long ago. There's a good chance he might be back before the season starts!

here's the link

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/2010/09/...ueil_ECRAN1POS3

I'll believe that when I see it, but it certainly sounds promising. :hlogo:

I'll believe that when I see it, but it certainly sounds promising. :hlogo:

It sounds promising but I'm not sure the timeline still works for a return right at the start of the season. I've been through what Markov has (ACL surgery), people don't come back from that in 4 months, even if they are professional athletes and are in better shape than I am. :) Even reading this, I'd hazard a guess that he may be able to start contact drills near the end of camp which would put him on pace for a mid-October return, still well ahead of the original pace. Considering how important he is to the team, I'd be very cautious in bringing him back into the lineup to try and prevent any setbacks.

Hammer out for 3 weeks (rds.ca)

AAAH! We cannot lose BOTH him and Markov. Fortunately it sounds like he'll be back for the start of the season. The more worrisome possibility is that he'll be a step behind due to missing training camp, which isn't good either. :angry:

I'd curse the luck, but really, this is part of the risk in having an older defence corps. Spacek is injury-prone as well. It's a bit of a ticking timb-bomb back there. Let's hope Subban really is all that, and that OB can step it up a notch.

It wouldn't be the start of the season if CC wasn't already in panic mode.

You wound me, good sir :puke: Me, panic? Perish the thought. :hlogo: I'd dredge up my old posts to prove the point, but...meh.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• 2 weeks later...

It was confirmed today that Markov will not be ready for the season opener in Toronto next week. In other news, as I typed that sentence, I realized the season starts next week...finally. :)

Also, Pacioretty skated at practice today so hopefully he's close to coming back.