Game Thread Rules

simonus

We essentially have a few traditions already (especially since the end of the designated threadmaker era), but I thought it'd be fun to codify some ideas on how we should do Game Threads. I'm not talking about rules to be imposed on the community from on high, or even rules that mods would "enforce", but just some traditions for the community to adopt. Another board I post on does this and I think it makes for a better community.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1) If the habs win, the same poster starts the next game thread.

2) The game thread should be created no more than 24 hours of the game, but the thread maker should endeavour to start it as early as possible (so much trash that should really be part of the game thread often gets thrown around in other threads, creating a lot of unintentional hijacks).

3) Info as to lineups/goalies/places to watch should - as much as possible - be in the OP, but need not be there when the thread is created. It is easy for the threadmaker and the mods to add this info as the day goes along.

4) Once you have had a run as the thread starter, try to give other people a turn for a while.

5) I'd encourage thread starters to try to personalize their GDT's... maybe make them a bit thematic. Haiku's to start of the game? Spotlight on which player they are expecting a big game from? Images of Gomez not shooting the puck?

These are just a few ideas to get discussion going? What does everyone think?

I like the idea in general, one other thing I'd suggest is a GDT schedule if people aren't interested in following the tradition of win and you do the next one. (5 or 6 different posters...) I know that last week that made things a little rough on me, hence the one being posted just after the one game ended.

If there was a schedule, people would know in advance when they're responsible for doing one, with all of the personalizations and whatnot to be included depending on the poster.

I only start one when you lazy buggers don't do it for me. I try to make mine suck so bad, it encourages others to make the next one so I don't get the chance.

Kudos to some of the mods (Kozed) who often make my GDT look better after the fact. :)