GAME THREAD: Habs v. Thrashers

simonus

4-point night for Plekanec gives him 40 on the season. Already 1 more than he had all of last season.

While people complain about him, Kostitsyn is on pace for more than 20 goals. He's looking like a consistent 25 goal scorer. Good, and yet he could do better.

Bergeron was such an awesome pick up.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was MAB hurt on the play. He seemed to have some trouble getting off the ice, and he went right to the dressing room.

ON RDS they said he either hurt his back crashing into the post, or he may have cut his arm on Hedbergs skate! Graham Rynbend was running after the Atlanta doctors looking for help with something serious!

Edited by Habsfan

ON RDS they said he wither hurt his back crashing into the post, or he may have cut his arm on Hedbergs skate! Graham Rynbend was running after the Atlanta doctors looking for help with something serious!

Un freakin believable. I doubt it was his back because he seemed to jump up pretty quickly after scoring. Something like a cut though he may not have noticed for a second or 2. Hopefully he is ok.

4-point night for Plekanec gives him 40 on the season. Already 1 more than he had all of last season.

While people complain about him, Kostitsyn is on pace for more than 20 goals. He's looking like a consistent 25 goal scorer. Good, and yet he could do better.

10 ten in league scoring now. Does anyone REALLY want to trade him or let him slip away. We NEED to sign this guy. He has to be the hardest working skilled player the habs have had since Muller.

On another note, Boucher was injured in Philly tonight. Interesting.

If Bob can wait a little longer,m aybe he can get a top 6 forward out of Philly!?!?! ;)

To be fair, Kostitsyn has scored 7 of his 10 goals in December. Hopefully he has woken up, but people who were complaining 3 weeks ago had some justification.

Habs I/O now reporting that MAB wasn't cut and will be on the plane to Carolina.

Gomez + Halak for Carter + Boucher + 1 or 2 mills of deadweight they might have? Maybe they'd like a D'Agostini? :)

If only Holgrem was that stupid. But that is a deal I'd make in a heartbeat or before someone can tell holgrem he is out of his mind.

I think it might easier to move Gionta then Gomez, just becuase the Flyers already have 3 strong high paid centers and could probably use help on the wings and could use a heart and soul guy like Gionta.

But if it is possible to move Gomez, how about a Gomez+Gionta+Halak for Carter+Gagne

I don't think Gagne is signed for as long as Gionta, so even though he is a hit away from being out of the league, we wouldn't be stuck with his cap hit for 4 or 5 years.

I'd rather try picking up Biron for Dags and a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder then Boucher.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Plekanec: 2nd (tied with St-Louis) on the League for assists, 6th (tied with Parise, Backstrom, St-Louis ) in the league for points, ahead of Getzlaf, Perry, Kopitar, Heatley, Marleau, etc. And the guy is one of the best penalty killers in the league and gives an intense effort every game. Forget Team Price vs Team Halak, we should all be Team Plekanec. If his name was Joe Smith or Jean Tremblay, he'd be a divinity already.

He's giving no choice to Bob but to sign him. For once, we draft and develop a player who elevates himself to the League elite. Can't let him walk.

I hope MAB is alright. Tied with Robidas for most goals by defensemen.

Halak is ripe to be a number one, anywhere. Imagine him behind a good defense. Without going into a big debate (again), I think Halak is much hungrier than Price this year. I dont think I'd trade him. Both guys are so neck-and-neck, I'd just want to use it to the team's advantage. No rush.

Plekanec: 2nd (tied with St-Louis) on the League for assists, 6th (tied with Parise, Backstrom, St-Louis ) in the league for points, ahead of Getzlaf, Perry, Kopitar, Heatley, Marleau, etc. And the guy is one of the best penalty killers in the league and gives an intense effort every game. Forget Team Price vs Team Halak, we should all be Team Plekanec. If his name was Joe Smith or Jean Tremblay, he'd be a divinity already.

He's giving no choice to Bob but to sign him. For once, we draft and develop a player who elevates himself to the League elite. Can't let him walk.

Halak is ripe to be a number one, anywhere. Imagine him behind a good defense. Without going into a big debate (again), I think Halak is much hungrier than Price this year. I dont think I'd trade him. Both guys are so neck-and-neck, I'd just want to use it to the team's advantage. No rush.

I'd tend to agree with you, but I think in order for your position to make sense you have to either think 1)you can contend for the cup or 2) you can sign Halak to a multi-year deal after this year is up. Now, while I like to be a insanely optimistic as anyone, it'd be just silly to base one's decisions on a potential playoff run this season. The only way I could see Halak signing a multi-year deal is if he is established as the number 1 by the end of the season. I guess you could do a sign-and-trade, but it seems to me like he's worth more on the open market to a mid-season playoff team in need of a goalie than he would be in the offseason when everyone is healthy and every goalie prospect looks ready to take it to the next level. I like Halak and, like everyone else, have visions of him being a Vokoun, but if you decide to keep Halak past the trade deadline, you have to seriously consider moving Price. I just don't see that happening.

Unless we could get a top six, it wouldn't make sense to move Halak. Even if we can't sign him as a RFA, we'd probably get more for him if someone did try and sign him to an offer sheet at the end of the year.

the guy we NEED to sign is Plex. I think Markov, Plex and Cammy are the guys that you have to have as the core. I really don't understand why Plex hasn't been given consideration as a captain. I think Plex and Markov are the most deserving. Home grown talent, compete every game.

If Gainey can't keep Plex or get EQUAL value back, he should not only be fired, but tarred and feathered on his way out of town.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

If you're feeling that we stole 2 points tonight that we didn't deserve... think back to the last 2 weeks and the games we should have won but didn't due to dumb luck and atrocious reffing!

I for one don't feel bad about stealing this one AT ALL!

GO HABS GO!

2-0-0 with Markov back!!

My solution to the trade halak debate is send him to Philly along with a pick for a big winger who actually brings everything we need such as Hartnell....Hits fights and scores 25 to 30 would be amazing on a line with Gomez and Gionta would be a great addition to relieve the pressure from our top line

Well said! We can't afford to lose him!

If you're feeling that we stole 2 points tonight that we didn't deserve... think back to the last 2 weeks and the games we should have won but didn't due to dumb luck and atrocious reffing!

I for one don't feel bad about stealing this one AT ALL!

GO HABS GO!

2-0-0 with Markov back!!

Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug. I'll take the points!

My solution to the trade halak debate is send him to Philly along with a pick for a big winger who actually brings everything we need such as Hartnell

Might be good but consider: Halak cap hit $750,000 / Hartnell cap hit $4,200,000

These guys are even hard to watch when when they win.

I guess it's better to be lucky then good.

Halk was outstanding

2nd line line good, Pk and PP pretty good.

Everything else including 5 on 5 was pretty bad as usual.

I wonder where all this great coaching, defensive system is. Who gives up 40-50 shots a night while only getting 20 a night.

Same problems, different day: Either these guys don't learn or coaching is really bad

Too soft on the puck, can't win any battles. Although Markov through a big hit. Probably the only hit of the game.

Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers

Dumb penalties

Standing around and not skating.

I think it may by a XMAS miracle that they are even close to 500 the way they play.

The good news is goaltending is A+ most every night, no matter who plays. Halak does get the luxury of almost an extra goal and a half when he plays compared to Price.

Pk very good, they should be with all the practice they get.

Pleks, Cammi very good

Ummmm, Pleky? 40 pts? holy crap? when's the last time a habs was 2nd in assists and 6th in points? Half way through the year. if Pleky is not signed, gainey should just quit instead of waiting to be fired.

Actually he is 9th in points ^_^

Hey by the way guys, our PP is 3rd and PK 7th

Ummmm, Pleky? 40 pts? holy crap? when's the last time a habs was 2nd in assists and 6th in points? Half way through the year. if Pleky is not signed, gainey should just quit instead of waiting to be fired.

Pleks is making a believer out of me, at least when there is talent around him and another centre to divide the defensive pressure. My only nagging fear is that this is a contract year and Gainey will pay him a fortune, only to see Gomez 2.0 next year.