GAME THREAD: Habs @ Maple Leafs

simonus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately its just normal with a two goal lead to not be nuts to score, while the other guys are desparate to get that first one. Human nature and quite reasonable ...unfortunately .

We have to suck defensively so the other team dominates us so Halak faces 50 shots a game but steals wins so his value rises so we can trade him for a stud forward who will join the team so we can suck defensively.

The Habs are so easy to play against. No pressure in the neutral zone so you can rush the puck freely. They give the blueline way too easily, so you can skate in untouched. At worse, just dump it behind the Habs D, they cant turn around and get to the puck fast enough. If they do, they can't pass it worth a damn.

Its pretty bad when we are getting dominated by the Leafs. How its still tied i have no idea. Actually even when we win we get dominated now that i think about it.

Edited by illWill

Its pretty bad when we are getting dominated by the Leafs. How its still tied i have no idea. Actually even when we win we get dominated now that i think about it.

True, but we dominated and took it to them after the initial leaf heat and got up by two, a proverbially deadly lead to get early. I still think we are going to win it.

Gave away at least one point. They do this every time they play the leafs. the mail it in, they don't skate, and they sit back until they either lose it or end up in overtime.

A better effort against teams like this and they would not be in the bottom of the standings.

No PP for the habs, that is for sure. They are too dominant on the PP so they won't get one. Still no excuse for this sad effort.

how do you get a PP when you are asleep, not only putting any pressure on the opposition, but continously also are just icing the puck.

This has to be among the weakest efforts of the year and Halak got them at least a point.

I expect grumpy grapes to be grumpier then usual with his Leafs losing :lol:

Nice shot by AK to get the win, but there was no need to cough up that lead and give the leafs a point.

Halak has been terrific and if not this road trip would have been brutal.

Looks like Ak46 has finally learned to SHOOT the friggin puck!! Man he has an amazing release!!